You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE wanted me to be a part of GNR Reunion

johndivney wrote:
Rex wrote:

DJ could just ditch the top hat and play. It's not like it's stitched to his head.

Haha! Maybe it is stitched to his head tho.. That would explain a lot.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

ID, Ron said he knew of Slash coming back in 2014. Same with Tommy.  Do you really think Slash is back only because DJ left?

Yeah, LOL. Man, that's LOL.

DJ left because he knew there was a chance Slash would come back - as a fan he took one for the team and left. It was the right thing to do.

Ashba doesn't need GNR and we don't need Ashba. Sixx:Am needs Ashba, and Ashba fucking delivers on every record that band makes. Ashba has proved himself in other bands than GNR - something Slash never did. So, fuck off Ashba, but you fucking rock in Sixx:Am.

As it should be.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Rex wrote:

The majority of people going to these shows are casuals, not diehard GN'R fans making lists about why he turned down playing in a Gn'R reunion. 16

I'm making lists because of the fiction in this thread that said that DJ betrayed Axl by being involved with Sixx:Am when actually he was involved with them before, during and, after his tenure in GNR!

It's bleeding obvious that he quit GNR diplomatically when it was clear Slash was going to return, and the man himself admits he knew it was happening, but people want to deny that, and say he's lying, and deny the  very history of sixx:am so we can stick to an alternate version of events that is known in 'insider' circles by a group of people who aren't even really in the band.

Whatever folks. According to this thread -  DJ lied to and betrayed Axl, and he wrote all of Sixx's 3 albums and 3 Eps more than 5-6 years before they came out, he quit because he's a bastard and DJ and Slash splitting the lead guitar solos would have been a wonderful idea wholly embraced by hardcores and causals alike. 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Majority in Vegas were the die hards. That was not a casual crowd. And I loved it. There were some casuals, but over all, HARD CORE.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Axl once wanted both Brain and Frank live.

Rotating drummers midshow.

Big deal.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Big deal.

Would be great to have Adler/Frank or Adler/Sorum.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I think ID has accepted this finally. Slash was coming back no matter if Ashba was there or not. He chose to leave. By that point Slash was already on his way back.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

None of this makes any sense.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Big deal.

So...Slash plays the closing notes of rocket queen...then outcomes DJ to do Sweet Child of Mine.....

Can't see the audience having any issues?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Majority in Vegas were the die hards. That was not a casual crowd. And I loved it. There were some casuals, but over all, HARD CORE.

I flew from Australia to see them play in Vegas. That is not something a casual fan would do.

Like SG said, Vegas was hardcore fans.

Board footer