You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

Smoking Guns wrote:

Ramsay was the ultimate villian, Snow is now the ultimate hero!

Davos is going to rip Melisandre a new asshole, but I hope they can work through their issues. They need her on their team. I love the team they have:

Snow
Sansa
Tormond
Davos
Brienne
Melisandre

Add them:
Arya
Pod
Gendry
BWOB
The Hound

(HOLY SHIT)

And maybe even
Bran
Benjen
Sam Tarly

Littlefinger will try to work his way in that inner circle, Sansa won't allow it.

Fuck SmallJon. That pussy fucker. I really thought he may betray Ramsay and go with Snow, I was wrong. Fuck him.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Was a pretty intense episode...so dany can speak dragon now? Regardless the takedown of the ships and the doth raking army was cool...then the shit with the masters and out of nowhere the greyjoys arrive...poor Rickon..what can ya do? Kid is a giant tho compared to when we saw him last.

Thought it was out of character for Jon to charge the army by himself...but whatever...and kinda cheese that Jon didn't take a single arrow? It was like cobra shooting at gi joe lol

The end was brutal...HBO will prolly get backlash for excessive violence against...and maybe defamation of mastiffs lol

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Was a pretty intense episode...so dany can speak dragon now? Regardless the takedown of the ships and the doth raking army was cool...then the shit with the masters and out of nowhere the greyjoys arrive...poor Rickon..what can ya do? Kid is a giant tho compared to when we saw him last.

Thought it was out of character for Jon to charge the army by himself...but whatever...and kinda cheese that Jon didn't take a single arrow? It was like cobra shooting at gi joe lol

The end was brutal...HBO will prolly get backlash for excessive violence against...and maybe defamation of mastiffs lol

Jon Snow is the chosen one, risen from the dead, no bullshit arrow was going to kill snow. That was a trap Sansa was talking about.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Sansa insulted me tonight. When she told Snow that Ramsay is "far better at it than you, he has been doing it all his life". It is like she literally has ZERO faith in Jon. Then adds that little insult that Rickon is more valuable than Snow because he is a TRUE BORN son of Ned Stark and he is just a bastard. As if he needs to be told that AGAIN.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Sansa is cold as fuck now. She was cool with everyone dying for she had the vale in her back pocket. She did what it took to get Winterfell back while keeping Jon in the dark. This attitude could bite her in the future.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Sansa is like her mother who had very little love for Jon. The rest of the family loved him but not the mom and Sansa. Snow needs to go to Davos because as his famous wilding said, " Jon Snow you know nothing." Littlefinger doesn't want Sansa to trust Jon and she doesn't I just don't think she trusts him either. She is playing the game now and everyone needs to be careful. Jon needs to hook up with the little Mormont chick. She is badass and her 100 were tough mfers. Anyway Jon is our last true hero so I hope he makes it. When Arya comes back to Winterfell she will be so happy to see her big brother and will fight hard for him. I wish Sansa loved and accepted Jon like he loves all the Starks.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Who told Lady Sansa of the hounds not eating for 7 days? She rode off before Ramsay said that.... I guess Jon told her? She mentioned it to Ramsay right before they started eating him.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

What was the logic of keeping the Little finger meeting secret? Would Jon have turned down his help?

Hopefully Euron takes up the ultimate villain role now.

Poor Rickon, after all these seasons we still hardly knew yee.

Sansa will be a villain, until she discovers LF betrayed Ned.

Davos cant beg Melisandre to bring Jon back and then beg Jon to get rid of her. Her character has been unfortunately boring this year. Wouldn't it create more tension had she really wrapped herself around Jon like Stannis? There was a nice thing where he asked her advice and she refused not to bring him back, but it went nowhere.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Here is what I am thinking...

Sansa felt if she told Snow, he would wait and attack the same way with just more men. Ramsay would still have surrounded them. So let's say Snow knew, maybe they attack Winterfell during the battle, but they didn't have a giant so they probably lose. And they lose if you just add them to Snow's men.

It pisses me off not that she was right but that she hid it from snow.

She better trust Snow in the future, he fought his ass off.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I'm sorry, I thought it was shit.  Entirely predictable and they're making these characters super heroes, completely removing the danger that they could die at any minute.  Thousands die taking arrows, but Jon is able to ride through the onslaught without a scratch.  Just like Arya last week suffering incredible abdominal wounds, falling into a cesspool, and then running away 12 hours later.  At least with Dany, there was the weak excuse that Targaryen's are immune to fire.

If Jon doesn't scream at Sansa next week for keeping him in the dark, the show has truly gone off the rails.  I try not to be one those douches who thinks the show has to match the books perfectly.  But when you have amazing plot and story in front of you, and disregard it to make illogical and impossible shit just to keep the mouth breathers entertained for a few moments, you're doing it wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I liked seeing the events transpire as well as anyone.  But Jon Snow is probably the most battle hardened out of any main character still living.  He spends the first part of the show talking tactics, they work in a scene for Sansa to offer no advice other than "watch out for traps.  I know how he thinks, but I can't give you one unique example, but be careful and you should listen to me."  Then as soon as Rickon dies, Jon just forgets his years of battle experience and charges like Leeroy Jenkins.

Board footer