You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: 14/7/16 LINCOLN FINANCIAL FIELD, PHILADELPHIA, PA UNITED STATES

PaSnow wrote:

Slash is fuckin boss from 3:00 - 3:20.  Buckethead played these as great songs, Slash makes them legendary.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Saw this on Truth,

md9zdijnqe9x.gif

Remember all the early criticism that they wouldn't acknowledge each other, so there for it was all for money?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I thought Slash killed it on Sorry....Axl too. Pretty badass imo.

However, I would rather hear The Seeker any day of the week over Slither. The Who vs Vr? No brainer......

Forget all the petty bullshit. Guns is kicking a shit ton of ass right now.

I know I'm in the huge minority but I love how they perform The Seeker! I really don't understand the overwhelming hate that song gets. With that being said, I saw them perform that song last time, so I'd prefer Slither, Breakdown, Yesterdays, another CD song, etc. if given the choice. But if they do play it, and it looks like they will, I will rock the F out to it! If no one joins me, so be it.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

If they're going to continue to experiment with Chinese cuts, I'm very interested to hear Slash's take on IRS. IMO the most Illusion sounding track of the whole Chinese saga.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

I was fortunate enough to be at this show, great times.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

harmon420 wrote:

If they're going to continue to experiment with Chinese cuts, I'm very interested to hear Slash's take on IRS. IMO the most Illusion sounding track of the whole Chinese saga.

Don't think it's on the list of alternates, but I agree IRS is an underrated track and Slash would probably make it even better.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

I know I'm in the huge minority but I love how they perform The Seeker! I really don't understand the overwhelming hate that song gets. With that being said, I saw them perform that song last time, so I'd prefer Slither, Breakdown, Yesterdays, another CD song, etc. if given the choice. But if they do play it, and it looks like they will, I will rock the F out to it! If no one joins me, so be it.

In isolation it's ok.

It's not like it's a bad song or badly done.

My issue with it is the opportunity cost of it.

Like I see it as a placeholder song that is hogging a spot in the setlist where we could have Sailing, or TWAT, or any number of the great things they hardly ever do, or indeed the amazing covers you could do with Slash/Fortus/Axl on board....

I'd be the same, I'd rock out to it when it's on - it just frustrates me that it's a regular-automatic inclusion last few years when there's so many originals and other long lost stuff that lives on the alternate list only or worse is just not included at all.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

In isolation it's ok.

It's not like it's a bad song or badly done.

My issue with it is the opportunity cost of it.

Like I see it as a placeholder song that is hogging a spot in the setlist where we could have Sailing, or TWAT, or any number of the great things they hardly ever do, or indeed the amazing covers you could do with Slash/Fortus/Axl on board....

I'd be the same, I'd rock out to it when it's on - it just frustrates me that it's a regular-automatic inclusion last few years when there's so many originals and other long lost stuff that lives on the alternate list only or worse is just not included at all.

I get all that, and don't necessarily disagree with you. But they've played it at every show in the encore before PC, so there must be a reason. I'm guessing they enjoy performing it and like the way it fits into the set. It doesn't look like that'll change anytime soon, so all the complaining isn't accomplishing much.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

It doesn't look like that'll change anytime soon, so all the complaining isn't accomplishing much.

True but then complaining didn't get us the album or the reunion either.....or did it....hahahahahahah

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

Here's one of the pictures I took at the concert
20160715_003025.jpg
It was a dream come true to see those three share the same stage again

Board footer