You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Re: Guns N' Roses tour to continue through 2017(and beyond)

Ragnar wrote:

Exactly Box set would be a much better idea in fact, it would a real treat for fans plus it would serve as a hold up for new album if Axl plans to release any.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I remember the sample we had of the electronic remix of This I Love had amazing high-pitched Axl vocals. The prospect of that vocal take mixed with a Slash solo does hype me up a little.

If they do persist on another HG I hope it has some things like that - a few treats so it's not just a release to avoid a real release.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

monkeychow wrote:

Don't forget to add the "Axl Tax" which is 2 years to each of those dates wink

Arguably one of the biggest factors in the delayed release of Chinese Democracy was that the label didn't fully buy into the idea of Axl's rebooted GN'R. Between record company execs getting cold feet and managers continually trying to force a reunion (and band members getting understandably sick of the delays, quitting and needing to be replaced), the process was dragged out unnecessarily over several years.

That's really not going to be an issue with an Axl/Slash/Duff line-up. They could fart into a microphone and the suits would release it in a heartbeat.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Arguably one of the biggest factors in the delayed release of Chinese Democracy was that the label didn't fully buy into the idea of Axl's rebooted GN'R. Between record company execs getting cold feet and managers continually trying to force a reunion (and band members getting understandably sick of the delays, quitting and needing to be replaced), the process was dragged out unnecessarily over several years.

That's really not going to be an issue with an Axl/Slash/Duff line-up. They could fart into a microphone and the suits would release it in a heartbeat.

I'm sure that's a factor....behind a lot of the delays....but I've just noticed ideas in GNR often seem to happen around 2 years after inception....BD release was around 2 years after the aborted london cinema run from memory, the chinese album came out in 2008 which was around 2 years after Axl's big return in 2006....the UYI vocals took 2 years from the delivery of the finished instrumentals....hell even this reunion took 2 years to go public from when bumblefoot knew and quit!!!

I guess Axl seems pretty motivated at the moment between kicking ass on these shows and with Ac/Dc...but I dunno if I think Team Brazil is going to fast track stuff....I mean people in this thread are talking about a GH, then a new, album and a dvd, all during the next year and while on tour. Where's the precedent for that in GNR history...it's more than they did even back in the day.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Well good momentum aside, Axl himself dusted off the "soon is not the word" line for that Chinese Exchange thing.

That said and they can do what they please but to regain any sense of mainstream relevancy beyond with old fans, they need to get to stepping with releasing music.

I also doubt that a GH / Best Of would change their situation with the label. The label owns all of the Chinese Sessions probably in addition to some sort of X albums contract. I remember Prince shitting out albums purely to get around the latter in the 90s.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

There's also the question of Ac/Dc.

Cliff announcing his retirement almost suggests he knows Axl and Angus will continue. I mean why formally retire as the bass player if the whole band is wrapping it up this tour?

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:

We could very EASILY get at least CD 2 this year. This is all my speculation as is most of this forum but I think its possible.

1. Bumblefoot knew Slash was on the way in before the Residency ended, maybe before it started not sure.

2. Remember the interview with Fortus in 2014? Here's a link..
http://loudwire.com/guns-n-roses-slash- … to-studio/

3. Included in the link above with the interview is a pic that we all remember of Axl tweeting from the studio. Keep in mind its late 2014 when this pic is tweeted...

So Slash was already in the picture in 2014 or earlier per Bumblefoot.... We know that. We also know that Axl was in the studio in December of 2014, at a time when at least two guitar players are KNOWINGLY LEAVING THE BAND... and yet hes still in the studio. I mean sure there is all kinds of reasons he could be messing around in the studio. But with Fortus even coming out and talking about the new album and a studio pic from Axl, i doubt is was just him tinkering with some old tracks from the early 2000's. Also kind of interesting how it was ONLY Fortus that did an interview that mentioned anything NEW, yea the same guy that is included in this 'reunion' lineup. Call me crazy but coming from the band that most everyone thought would never regroup (we all know everyone thought of Axl and Slash as the reunion), and they did. They thought the first show would be in Vegas..nope, surprise motherfuckers its on APRIL FOOLS DAY of all days. I think we will get a surprise album by the end of 2016. "oh but no promotion" .... what better promotion could you have then to just randomly drop an album out of no where after 30 years. Imagine all the news articles... and in every one of the articles would be a mention of the ongoing tours around the world, so promotion for that. Maybe i'm dreaming but "soon is not the word" has as much meaning to me as "Not in this lifetime"

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Arguably one of the biggest factors in the delayed release of Chinese Democracy was that the label didn't fully buy into the idea of Axl's rebooted GN'R.

I don't think this is a fair statement.  The ONLY reason for the delay was Axl.

From 1995-1998 any rebooted-GnR really didn't do anything close to releasing an album. In 1999 with OMG the label wanted a record.  In 2002 with the MTV appearance & following tour the label wanted a record.  In 2006 the leaks happened, yet Axl seemingly never turned in the masters. Then we got it in 2007.

So let's not blame 12 years on the label.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Don't forget that both Live Era and Greatest Hits (not to mention the cancelled Very Best Of) were released because Axl wouldn't pony up the dough.

johndivney wrote:

Wake me up when they get to Europe..

Board footer