You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Suicide Squad/Justice League Films

BLS-Pride wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'm reserving judgement on

Hidden Text:

the wisdom of including the dream sequences

until after I see Justice League. I would assume it becomes relevant.

Hidden Text:

Yeah all the dream scenes tied in to Darkseid. Who will prob be the big bad for the JL. Those Alien creatures were his minions. His logo is in the sand when Batman first sees the post apocalyptic city but with out knowing what to look for and the comic history it just seems strange. And no one I talked too realized that it was The Flash who came to Bruce in his vision. Telling him to trust no one and Lois is the key.

AtariLegend wrote:

There were multiple dream sequences though and 3 fairly early in the film (not counting the conversation in Superman's head/or the flasback montage). Including the one we talked about, which isn't that brief.

It was completely unnecessary bait/switch to take that amount of time to include that. If you have no idea who

Hidden Text:

Darkseid

is you're left wondering what that was all about. Also

Hidden Text:

I didn't even know those were supposed to alien creatures, it looked like men with black flying suits especially when you see 1 land on the ground in the background. I didn't get that it was supposed to be post apocalyptic either, it looked like a war torn city in Syria (or another middle eastern location) and Superman rescues Lois from the desert not too long before that anyway.

I actually liked Watchmen apart from the final part of it, but why would I want to see an extended cut of a film like this that already has so much filler despite feeling like it merged the plot of 3 separate films.

AtariLegend wrote:

When I just realized Suicide Squad is written and directed by the same person who wrote U-571 my cynicism about it was replaced by pessimism.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Saw this today.

I sort of liked it for what it was but if anybody is going expecting brilliance don't.

Oh and Ledger smokes Leto btw.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

My thoughts on Suicide Squad are:

Hidden Text:

1. Actors were generally good in their roles. I didn't really get into Leto's joker yet. Mind you its basically an impossible job to follow ledger's performance I think. But it seemed to me that the set up was very scarface and he was sort of trying too hard to be charismatic. I might warm up to it yet. Could be like one of those songs you dislike then it gets stuck in your head. It sort of had cool aspects it just also felt a bit obvious or something to me. I dunno. I liked Deadshot and Harley.

2. Too many members in the squad, or not enough plot for some members. There's some of the team who seem to literally just follow around everyone. Like Killer Croc for example doesn't seem to have much of a role. 

3. Overall fun characters,mostly rendered well except possibly for Joker,  but not really a very good plot.

Enjoyable overall but I like B v S a lot better personally, although I know most people hate it.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

monkeychow wrote:

My thoughts on Suicide Squad are:

Hidden Text:

1. Actors were generally good in their roles. I didn't really get into Leto's joker yet. Mind you its basically an impossible job to follow ledger's performance I think. But it seemed to me that the set up was very scarface and he was sort of trying too hard to be charismatic. I might warm up to it yet. Could be like one of those songs you dislike then it gets stuck in your head. It sort of had cool aspects it just also felt a bit obvious or something to me. I dunno. I liked Deadshot and Harley.

2. Too many members in the squad, or not enough plot for some members. There's some of the team who seem to literally just follow around everyone. Like Killer Croc for example doesn't seem to have much of a role. 

3. Overall fun characters,mostly rendered well except possibly for Joker,  but not really a very good plot.

Enjoyable overall but I like B v S a lot better personally, although I know most people hate it.

Agree on Leto. Despite the Joker only really being portrayed twice before in movies it felt cliched and generic. In fairness the bar is set pretty high on that role now but he did nothing that 1000 other actors couldn't have done imo.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Holy shit. Suicide Squad is the worst movie I have ever seen in my life.

Did they film this movie and then decide to add music over EVERY scene? A lot of the music didn't even make sense in the context of the scenes. I believe it changed the tone and not in an intended way.

Every character was dumb and a fucking embarrassment. It's really hard to fuck up these characters but they definitely found a way. Will Smith was Will Smith. Absolutely not believable as Deadshot. Harley Quinn was so fucking cringey. "I like your perfume, is that the stench of death?" Jesus fucking Christ. Killer Croc was reduced to the token black guy somehow. And why the fuck did he get down on all fours to go down those steps? He could have literally just dove into the tunnel. This movie was so fucking tryhard. Nothing in this movie felt natural AT ALL. Captain Boomerang did NOTHING. Katana did NOTHING. The only one I found sort of compelling was Diablo, but even that's a stretch. Leto's Joker was a fucking...joke(hehe). Hey guys look at me I'm so quirky and eccentric! The Joker is someone you don't want to fuck with, but honestly Leto's performance just made me think that somebody needed to beat his punk ass. Man, this movie was so fucking bad. I left the theater with a headache and a giant feeling of dread and disappointment. Not only did I spend 10 bucks on it, but 2 hours of my life that I'll never get back.

Hidden Text:

Enchantress and her brother were such shitty villains. Those stupid fantasies at the end were laughable. I fucking get it. Deadshot loves his daughter. Also, they took him out with just a demo charge? Why not just bomb the building?

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

When I just realized Suicide Squad is written and directed by the same person who wrote U-571 my cynicism about it was replaced by pessimism.

Kudos on calling this a pos before hand.  I'm not even sure I want to see this for free (brother is offering to treat me and my nephews to this).

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

For an understanding of how Suicide Squad was made:

"A production schedule engineered to meet an ambitious release date; a director, David Ayer (Fury), untested in making tentpole movies; and studio executives, brimming with anxiety, who are ready to intercede forcefully as they attempt to protect a branded asset." -src

The script for this $175 Million venture (double that amount before seeing profit) was written in six weeks. 6 weeks. roll

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

And what a lot of people don't know, Will Smith has total control over script rewrites of his films, and has his own screenwriter to do uncredited ghost doctoring. Read the original drafts of I, Robot and I Am Legend. They would have been far, far, far superior films without him... That's why it's rare Smith ever works with a big time director.

Board footer