You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 641 

Re: Izzy tweet about Axl and Duff interview

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

You think it was that they approached him for guest spots (ie Steven) and he wanted the full time gig, or that he wanted the split Slash and Duff were getting for the guest spot?

If it were me it probably would have degenerated well before getting into the actual details like that.

It's an absolute guess but bet would be Izzy considers the real GNR as the AFD 5, wants to go back to that, and thus have 1/5th of everything like he would have in 1987.

As you guys know I'm a fortus fan, and I don't think Izzy is necessary other than for songwriting, however can see his point in some ways - he co-wrote the songs and co-founded the band and they didn't have much success without him for 30 years - if they want him back bring him back on the old terms. I can see the logic.

Then again I can also see the Axl/Slash position - in the big picture almost no one really cares if he's there or not - they cut him in and it costs them literally millions, and it just raises all kinds of problems.

pacu44
 Rep: 3 

Re: Izzy tweet about Axl and Duff interview

pacu44 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Bailed on GNR 2 weeks before their biggest tour ever.
Bailed on his own band
Bailed on VR
Bailed at RNRHOF

And he wonders why he isn't an equal.

Bailed on his own band
- no he didn't... you are making things up...

Bailed on VR
Didn't bail, didn't want that drug addict, wanted him and Duff to sing... Slash insisted...

Bailed at RNRHOF
WTF did Axl do? It was Izzy who tried to get the classic line up together for this...

pacu44
 Rep: 3 

Re: Izzy tweet about Axl and Duff interview

pacu44 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The split should have been

Axl 30%
Slash 30%
Duff 15%
Izzy 15%
Adler 10%

But Adler and Izzy would need to be on stage a good bit of time to earn that.


Axl cant sing and Slash doesn't sound like the records but they get a bigger cut playing Izzy written songs?

Wheres Trump, your fired...

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Izzy tweet about Axl and Duff interview

tejastech08 wrote:
pacu44 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The split should have been

Axl 30%
Slash 30%
Duff 15%
Izzy 15%
Adler 10%

But Adler and Izzy would need to be on stage a good bit of time to earn that.


Axl cant sing and Slash doesn't sound like the records but they get a bigger cut playing Izzy written songs?

Wheres Trump, your fired...

Yeah, Izzy wrote all the songs by himself. BULLSHIT. He was an important songwriting contributor, but so were the others. And if you want to know why they just racked up over $140 million in tour revenue over a very short period of time, it's because the general audience wanted to see Axl and Slash together again. The proof is in the pudding and Axl/Slash do deserve more money than the others based on actual butts in the seats to see the two of them.

FWIW Smoking Guns, MSL posted yesterday on his forum that Slash is getting more than Duff. So maybe it's not 25% for each of those guys.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Re: Izzy tweet about Axl and Duff interview

I'm not trying to shit on Izzy cause I dig the guy.

But, he has done nothing relevant after his Ju Ju Hounds stuff.

He hasn't kept the brand name alive like Slash, Axl or Duff. They've been far more successful.

It isn't hard to see why those three get more money.

Izzy hasn't toured, hasn't been fighting in the trenches and what not.

So it is pure fandom to think he would get an equal cut.

All he had to do was show up, and take the rhythm slot from Richard.

Prove that he can last a tour and not flake. But, he decided not to because it wasn't worth the dough.

Well boo fucking who.

You don't get a raise if you don't show up for work. And Izzy hasn't proven he can tour.

So enough shitting on Axl, Duff and Slash it is so lame.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 329 

Re: Izzy tweet about Axl and Duff interview

Smoking Guns wrote:
pacu44 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Bailed on GNR 2 weeks before their biggest tour ever.
Bailed on his own band
Bailed on VR
Bailed at RNRHOF

And he wonders why he isn't an equal.

Bailed on his own band
- no he didn't... you are making things up...

Bailed on VR
Didn't bail, didn't want that drug addict, wanted him and Duff to sing... Slash insisted...

Bailed at RNRHOF
WTF did Axl do? It was Izzy who tried to get the classic line up together for this...

Are you saying he didn't pull a no show to his own tour??

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 329 

Re: Izzy tweet about Axl and Duff interview

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
pacu44 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The split should have been

Axl 30%
Slash 30%
Duff 15%
Izzy 15%
Adler 10%

But Adler and Izzy would need to be on stage a good bit of time to earn that.


Axl cant sing and Slash doesn't sound like the records but they get a bigger cut playing Izzy written songs?

Wheres Trump, your fired...

Yeah, Izzy wrote all the songs by himself. BULLSHIT. He was an important songwriting contributor, but so were the others. And if you want to know why they just racked up over $140 million in tour revenue over a very short period of time, it's because the general audience wanted to see Axl and Slash together again. The proof is in the pudding and Axl/Slash do deserve more money than the others based on actual butts in the seats to see the two of them.

FWIW Smoking Guns, MSL posted yesterday on his forum that Slash is getting more than Duff. So maybe it's not 25% for each of those guys.

That is great if true.. He should be. Him and Axl should get he same.

monkeychow
 Rep: 641 

Re: Izzy tweet about Axl and Duff interview

monkeychow wrote:
pacu44 wrote:

\
Bailed on his own band
- no he didn't... you are making things up...

Interview with Jimmy Ashhurst

Q: Why the Ju Ju Hounds disbanded? You had already recorded two songs (Memphis and Good Enough) that finally included on the next solo album of Izzy ...

A.  Those two songs were taken from the last time the Ju Ju Hounds recorded in a room together- at Caribbean Sound Basin, Maraval, Trinidad. That was when Izzy left us there. We weren’t quite finished with the 2nd album…all he had to do was sing it. There were a lot more songs. I’ve been trying to find the answer to that question for 22 years.

Source: http://www.ecosdelvinilo.com/2014/10/th … jimmy.html

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Re: Izzy tweet about Axl and Duff interview

Ragnar wrote:

If this is true then Izzy is a greedy POS. Fuck him and whoever whinges what an unjustice has been done to him.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2016/09/12/gn … -show-fee/

monkeychow
 Rep: 641 

Re: Izzy tweet about Axl and Duff interview

monkeychow wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

If this is true then Izzy is a greedy POS. Fuck him and whoever whinges what an unjustice has been done to him.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2016/09/12/gn … -show-fee/


Personally I don't care about Izzy being there AT ALL but I don't think it's as simple as you make out.

$99k is rubbish money if the other people of your vintage in the band are bringing home millions.

As the article says - I can see both sides - He doesn't need money if it's going to be an offensive figure, and they don't need to give up millions to have him there - so we have the status quo.

But to be honest if I was Izzy i would have rejected that deal too.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB