You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: European Tour 2017 Thread

sp1at wrote:

GN'R are still linked with Hellfest for some reason. Metalheads also said they do trips to concerts as well as festivals, so I think it will be standalone concerts in Prague and Vienna.

johndivney wrote:

I came to a big decision this morning, sp1at. I think they should headline Glastonbury.
The time is right.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I came to a big decision this morning, sp1at. I think they should headline Glastonbury.
The time is right.

I think it would be great. Every big band should play there at least once. Who knows it may happen.

The betting on it doesn't suggest it though. The odds for Download tumbled to 1/12 at one point suggesting insider betting, whereas Glastonbury is about 4/6, similar to Leeds/Reading last year based on speculation.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Another Veltins Arena, Germany, story

http://www.radioemscherlippe.de/emscher … 164ab.html

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Two (light) headliners announced for Rock AM Ring.

To re-iterate, GN'R are currently locked in on three festivals, Rock AM Ring (RIP), Download UK and Hellfest (randomly). There are no solid links to any other festivals apart from offers at this time, so the rest of the dates could be stadium dates

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Given Hellfest, randomly, is more probability than possibility now, here is some addition info.

http://www.letelegramme.fr/festival/hel … 250864.php

An excerpt, translated. "We already have the names of two headliners, one has already come to the festival. A big American group will make a global announcement after the US elections and come to Hellfest 2017. "

FYI Metallica have been ruled out by Alexx of Hellfest. Alot of other bands have already announced. There are a few possibilites, but it is fair to say it may point to GN'R. It could also give an idea as to when the announcement will be, after November 8th

I am still not convinced it is GN'R though.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

People registering for a presale of Coldplay tickets in Germany on ticketmaster.de got a message referring to GN'R and not Coldplay, before it was later corrected.

https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php … ny.107881/

It looks like something might be happening relatively soon I guess, and I presume there are Germany stadium dates.

johndivney wrote:

Fuck Coldplay.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Fuck Coldplay.

It's more the GN'R reference that is of interest. They got a presale related message for GN'R instead of Coldplay before it got amended. So GN'R must be on their system somewhere ready for when things go live

Also, the Livenation Coldplay is interesting. I think it is fair to say the concerticket.net dates are educated guesses. Other dates mentioned by other sources, Milan, Lyon, Paris and Vienna along with their respective venues are all being played by Coldplay so I believe they give a good template for the Summer, beit not a complete one.

Board footer