You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

AtariLegend wrote:

For the record, Trump going on about the glories of Brexit. Alot of people don't feel that way and if you check the other thread, theirs multiple lawsuits from half the regions of the UK atm to stop it.

Plenty of people who voted for it, regretting it too.

Either you support democracy or your don't.  That the EU is managed/run by one man who wasn't elected and the will of the British people is being ignored so bureaucrats can prevent exit is a huge problem.  Some courts have also declared men can magically become women, so I'd take their opinions with a grain of salt.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Isn't it obvious?  America's military position and status as the sole superpower. Russia took over parts of Georgia in 2008 amidst the oncoming election between Obama and McCain. Obama took a "ahh shucks, Russia isn't a threat" theme which he continued into 2012. McCain ran the opposite making his famous "when I look into Putin's eyes I see 'KGB'" argument during the debates and advocating for an American response. Obama did nothing. Romney echoed the sentiment in 2012 to which Obama mocked him about talking about Calvary in the 19th century. Russia then takes Crimea.  Not to mention Obama's failed Middle East policy that allowed not only ISIS to form, but to bring Russian military into the Middle East as a military force again.

China is creating fake islands and is now taking over our relationship with the Philippines, which is our primary asset in South East Asia.  If we lose that site, our entire pacific fleet and force projection is dramatically handicapped.  Oh, and that crazy North Korea country having nukes and missles capable of hitting the west coast.

12 years ago there wasn't a country in the world who questioned our supremacy. Now we have every third rate leader acting up because they no longer fear quick and swift retaliation. That's what's always killed me about some of you. You still don't realize this is a high stakes game and the US has to smack the gnats occasionally to remind everyone we can.

So yeah. I think Obama's leadership has greatly hindered our strength globally. And that is to say nothing of our reduced ownership of our own businesses and economic power/influence abroad.

Are you saying we needed to start a war with Russia? Europe needs to deal with that shit. But I do give Romney and McCain credit, Russia is a threat, but Trump doesn't think so, right SG?
Sorry, Isis didn't start because of Obama. I know W. in't responsible for anything, and just ignoring it goes back to W.'s war, but this is a an outright lie. W signed and set the date for that withdrawal. And the seeds of Isis started in 2002.

I also don't see what your solution is for China and North Korea. Smack them like gnats?

When did ISIS form?  When did they become a problem?  Who called them the JV team and refused to do anything?  Who was president in 2011 when the SOFA in Iraq ended - almost 3 years after Bush left office?  Your understanding of the situation is only an inch deep.  Obama made the decision to pull out of Iraq at the end of 2011 and not extend or renegotiate the SOFA.  ISIS sprang up immediately in that wake.  It's been 8 fucking years.  It's time to stop blaming Bush.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Isn't it obvious?  America's military position and status as the sole superpower. Russia took over parts of Georgia in 2008 amidst the oncoming election between Obama and McCain. Obama took a "ahh shucks, Russia isn't a threat" theme which he continued into 2012. McCain ran the opposite making his famous "when I look into Putin's eyes I see 'KGB'" argument during the debates and advocating for an American response. Obama did nothing. Romney echoed the sentiment in 2012 to which Obama mocked him about talking about Calvary in the 19th century. Russia then takes Crimea.  Not to mention Obama's failed Middle East policy that allowed not only ISIS to form, but to bring Russian military into the Middle East as a military force again.

China is creating fake islands and is now taking over our relationship with the Philippines, which is our primary asset in South East Asia.  If we lose that site, our entire pacific fleet and force projection is dramatically handicapped.  Oh, and that crazy North Korea country having nukes and missles capable of hitting the west coast.

12 years ago there wasn't a country in the world who questioned our supremacy. Now we have every third rate leader acting up because they no longer fear quick and swift retaliation. That's what's always killed me about some of you. You still don't realize this is a high stakes game and the US has to smack the gnats occasionally to remind everyone we can.

So yeah. I think Obama's leadership has greatly hindered our strength globally. And that is to say nothing of our reduced ownership of our own businesses and economic power/influence abroad.

Are you saying we needed to start a war with Russia? Europe needs to deal with that shit. But I do give Romney and McCain credit, Russia is a threat, but Trump doesn't think so, right SG?
Sorry, Isis didn't start because of Obama. I know W. in't responsible for anything, and just ignoring it goes back to W.'s war, but this is a an outright lie. W signed and set the date for that withdrawal. And the seeds of Isis started in 2002.

I also don't see what your solution is for China and North Korea. Smack them like gnats?

When did ISIS form?  When did they become a problem?  Who called the them JV team and refused to do anything?  Who was president in 2011 when the SOFA in Iraq ended - almost 3 years after Bush left office?  Your understanding of the situation is only an inch deep.  Obama made the decision to pull out of Iraq at the end of 2011 and not extend or renegotiate the SOFA.  ISIS sprang up immediately in that wake.  It's been 8 fucking years.  It's time to stop blaming Bush.

IMHO....ISIS formed way before 2011...

It formed when bombs were destroying schools, churches, villages and towns.

It happened when the US gave a bunch of people who disagree with each other a common enemy - America/western world.

They may have officially incorporated in 2011 under Obama. But the root cause is worth noting.

johndivney wrote:

Lads, you let the Donald Trump joke get way out of hand. It should've been nipped in the bud in those first few days.

Have a safe revolution guys.

AtariLegend wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

That the EU is managed/run by one man who wasn't elected and the will of the British people is being ignored so bureaucrats can prevent exit is a huge problem.

You haven't been paying attention to this case. The British people didn't vote for several right wing nuters in a board room to decide the future of the country in a closed room without the input of parliament or the people. It isn't just a case of in/out.

Randall Flagg wrote:

That the EU is managed/run by one man who wasn't elected

Oh really? Name the 1 man who runs the EU. eating-popcorn-smiley-emoticon-1.gif

This should be interesting.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

This is Donald Trump in a nutshell.

https://twitter.com/AmandaMarcotte/status/796032737857699841

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Donald Trump is already filing lawsuits because 1) that's what he does and 2) he knows he's going to lose.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

When did ISIS form?  When did they become a problem?  Who called them the JV team and refused to do anything?  Who was president in 2011 when the SOFA in Iraq ended - almost 3 years after Bush left office?  Your understanding of the situation is only an inch deep.  Obama made the decision to pull out of Iraq at the end of 2011 and not extend or renegotiate the SOFA.  ISIS sprang up immediately in that wake.  It's been 8 fucking years.  It's time to stop blaiming Bush.

It was his war. You should know that fissure in Al Qaeda started while Bush was in office which directly led to Isis. No Bush War, No Isis. PERIOD.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

This is Donald Trump in a nutshell.

https://twitter.com/AmandaMarcotte/status/796032737857699841

[/embed]

Is that Milanea or whatever her damn name is?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Looks like it. And it looks like Donald is making sure she votes for him or he won't let her leave their basement again.

Board footer