You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 469 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

With everything that's been posted about him, and you don't have a problem with any of it, there's no point continuing anything. That's all that needs to be said really.

misterID
 Rep: 469 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

President douchebag and chief.

The Electoral College is actually genius in that it brings all states, including the smaller ones, into play. Campaigning is much different!
58 mins ago - Twitter

If the election were based on total popular vote I would have campaigned in N.Y. Florida and California and won even bigger and more easily
1 hour ago - Twitter

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: US Politics Thread

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I think Bri and maybe neemo mainly post from their phone as well. I cant hardly do it. That little keyboard gets on my nerves and I also have trouble reading the posts. If I use the net on my phone, its mainly to check news apps or youtube and listen to music that's not already on my phone.

I do alot, but it's hard to do long posts on a phone. If I'm posting during the day, I'm likely on a computer. At night, it's my phone; that's why most of my night posts are much shorter. Don't have the patience to type with 1 finger at a time.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

Re: US Politics Thread

TheMole wrote:

I am a progressive/liberal (shocker...), but I'm with Flagg on some of his remarks.

So here's the thing... racism (or sexism, or any other ism) has a fairly broad definition, but I think we should distinguish two basic ways that it can manifest itself (according to the dictionary definition of racism):
  - prejudice
  - discrimination

I don't think you can truly dispute that those quotes clearly reveal prejudice towards a number of groups, so by definition it's fair to call that racism/sexism/whatever. Now, if that were all that there's to it, I'd say fuck it... who cares... at most they will have offended some people. Being offended is not something we should protect people against, grow a thicker skin and get on with your life. Prejudice is a strange thing, it's not the result of a conscious effort, it's just... prejudice... it's what people believe deep down inside. You can't police that, you shouldn't even try to.

On the other hand, if there are acts of discrimination, that's clearly unacceptable. If you fly off the handle because the wife hasn't cooked you dinner when you get home from work, that's unacceptable. If you deny a black person a customer-facing job because you think it'll help your business if customers don't have to interact with black people, that's unacceptable. You're actively harming those people, purely based on their gender or race. Trump has done both of those things (one he admitted to himself, the other he was accused of... more on that below), and therefore is a despicable racist and sexist asshole who should never have won this election. It's disgusting that so many Americans fell for it.

Now, regarding those accusations (from black employees in the case of Trump, or the ex-wife in the case of Bannon), I will say that if you openly and arrogantly display prejudice towards certain groups (e.g. women), and you get accused of discrimination (e.g. sending your kid to a private school to avoid them having to spend time with jews), I will be inclined to believe the accuser. So in my opinion, although I agree with Flagg that nothing in the quotes reveals direct active discrimination, it is hard to make a bold-faced claim that he is not an anti-semite simply because the accusation comes from his ex-wife. Everything in his public writing supports the idea that there is a very high chance she is not lying.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

Re: US Politics Thread

TheMole wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

it simply IS homophobic and transphobic.

Oh please. This is the tactic used against anyone who doesn't fall in line with the agenda. You've been a member of this community almost since its beginning so I assume you've participated in this discussion before. If so.... you know that I have two gay relatives.....one my uncle who is more like my brother(and only two years older). He's the one I took to that Buckethead show. He doesn't flaunt it in peoples faces continuously and when you see him, you wouldn't think he was gay. In his early 20s he did some things like going to parks/rest areas to fool around. I criticized this at the time. Children go to parks and in the late 90s there was a story in Sacramento about a little girl at the park and when her mom went up to her, she had a used condom in her mouth....she had picked it up off the ground by the bathrooms. THis sparked an outrage here(rightfully so) and people wanted something done about it but of course not a damn thing really happened. Media dropped the story so no one ever found out what happened(or I simply didn't see it) but I hope that kid didn't get a disease from that incident.

My other gay relative is my cousin in her mid 20s. Its like night and day. Its shoved in your face 24/7 and other than #BLM, one of the few things she talks about. She's butch to the core and I've warned her about going too far with it. Not everyone thinks this stuff is peaches and cream and when the eventual backlash occurs, she's gonna have some splainin' to do and it wont be easy to backtrack on all her SJW nonsense. She'll also be on an island because the girls she dates aren't even really lesbians....they do it because its the 'cool' thing to do. When her last girlfriend broke up with her, she kept trying to get back together and she had to start bringing guys around so she'd take the hint. The current one will do the same thing.

Nobody gives a shit what they do in their bedroom so keep it there. The general public doesn't want to be constantly bombarded with it. We get it...you're gay....now move on. They don't move on though. They want everyone drowning in their gayness until they cant breathe. Society looks to be ready to come up for some air. I do realize its probably a minority of gays using this approach but if so, the media should stop focusing on it. LIke Chong said, "They're gonna ruin it for the rest of us...".

It is a bit funny to be called homophobic. Other than my grandma, I've done more for those two relatives than I have any of them. My younger cousin was a loner and outcast in high school. I befriended her and would take her to movies, concerts, etc. from time to time. Nobody else did anything...including her mother. If I was a homophobe, I wouldn't have gave the slightest fucks about the position she was in and just let her twist in the wind without any friends and sit home twiddling her thumbs. She came out of her shell when going to college and while I certainly don't agree with how she's placed that stuff on front street to such an extent, I'd like to think I had at least a minimal positive impact on her life at that crucial stage.

Listen, I don't want to re-hash the tranny discussion, as you put it. But given that I haven't had a chance to address this yet I wanted to put something straight. You can't use the equivalent of "some of my best friends are black" bullshit excuse to deny that some of your claims are homophobic. They simply ascribe a bunch of characteristics to a group of people that do not apply to all of them, or even the majority, and based on that generalization you want legislation to take away some of these people's rights. I couldn't care less if you think your niece is too butch for her own good, man... that's your right. It's just not the sort of thing that you can expect anyone to respect you for. And it certainly isn't an argument against letting gay people dress and act the way they fucking want.

James Lofton wrote:

Stop policing consenting adults' sex lives

Like I've already said, no one cares who people fuck behind closed doors. Keep it there. It doesn't belong in every fabric of our culture or at the local park.

Gays like to parrot the 10% statistic. Do you really think such a minority deserves or needs that much attention?!? While its not the same thing obviously, a small percentage of guys have a foot fetish and some here are aware of my interest in that regard. It doesn't mean I want or expect every hot chick to flash her feet on TV screens or for society to cater to my needs. I don't expect society at large to indulge it and certainly don't expect the media to bombard everyone else with it just because that specific interest is in the minority. While its not something I'm ashamed of, its not something I go around bragging about either. Other than some posts on the internet or a few jokes over the years with friends, its not brought out into the open until things get heated with whoever I'm hooking up with. I don't go around demanding special rights or walking down the street waving a flag with Mischa Barton or Angie Harmon's feet on it.

Dude, no-one gets to fuck at the local park... not gays, not straights, not transgenders, not fucking foot fetishists.... You don't need special laws that say that gays shouldn't fuck in the park. But if someone wants to put on a dress and grow a fucking hipster beard and prance around fucking Yerba Buena Gardens then so fucking what? No, you don't have to like it, but they don't have to care about what you like. That's the point man, personal liberties trump your ability to be offended. Think some show is not as good because it now has a couple of gay characters in it? Stop watching it, let the creators know and move on with your life. Don't just go off blaming society...

Don't get me wrong I don't really think you're a homophobe, I don't really think you're a sexist. I do think some of the things you say are homophobic and sexist.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 329 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

So far since the election, Trump has been great. People really only bitch about Bannon but I don't know enough about him. But he has seemed presidential for the most part.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

With everything that's been posted about him, and you don't have a problem with any of it, there's no point continuing anything. That's all that needs to be said really.


There's nothing you or anyone else has linked that I can't find similar language used by the left. Or is 'Uncle Tom' an acceptable term

All you offer is faux outrage when someone who doesn't think like you uses strong language.

Is referring to straight people as "breeders" ok?

Is it ok to talk about bitches sucking on your nuts as long as you're black? Cause that's half of what Jay Z talks about and I don't recall liberal outrage when he was on stage with Clinton and Obama.

Was it ok when Amy Schumer called Latino men rapist?  I know you guys are up in arms that Trump called out the amount of gang bangers Mexico exports and you've stuck your head in the sand to the fact that child rape is more common in Latino communities than any other. But why no posts from Amy Schumer who was a Clinton surrogate.

This is why you guys are full of shit. The email leaks show plain as day the anti Semitic comments and thoughts from the DNC and how they planned to use Sanders religion as an attack point for Clinton.

Not a single fucking comment from any of you. You're probably rolling your eyes as you read this, cause you do not care what the left says no matter how vile. But if a Republican looks at Kim Kardashian's ass, you scream they're objectifying women.


So this is my last post on the topic. If you were in college writing a paper on this topic, you'd fail. You've not only been unable to support your thesis that Bannon is a racist, you've flooded the comments with articles and quotes that have nothing to do with your claims. "Here's a bunch of quotes where he said things we consider mean (never mind their accuracy) so this is why he's a racist.  Never mind that democrat behind the curtain who said the same thing."

I don't know Bannon. Had never heard of him until yesterday.

But here's the bottom line. You lost. This country is going to change and there's not a single thing any Democrat can do to stop it. The party is literally powerless in Washington.

So because you guys are so tolerant and welcoming, I leave you with Obama's comments in 2010 when he was working really hard for bipartisanship, because it explains your status right now :

https://youtu.be/25HN1kZtRIw

misterID
 Rep: 469 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

With everything that's been posted about him, and you don't have a problem with any of it, there's no point continuing anything. That's all that needs to be said really.


There's nothing you or anyone else has linked that I can't find similar language used by the left. Or is 'Uncle Tom' an acceptable term

All you offer is faux outrage when someone who doesn't think like you uses strong language.

Is referring to straight people as "breeders" ok?

Is it ok to talk about bitches sucking on your nuts as long as you're black? Cause that's half of what Jay Z talks about and I don't recall liberal outrage when he was on stage with Clinton and Obama.

Was it ok when Amy Schumer called Latino men rapist?  I know you guys are up in arms that Trump called out the amount of gang bangers Mexico exports and you've stuck your head in the sand to the fact that child rape is more common in Latino communities than any other. But why no posts from Amy Schumer who was a Clinton surrogate.

This is why you guys are full of shit. The email leaks show plain as day the anti Semitic comments and thoughts from the DNC and how they planned to use Sanders religion as an attack point for Clinton.

Not a single fucking comment from any of you. You're probably rolling your eyes as you read this, cause you do not care what the left says no matter how vile. But if a Republican looks at Kim Kardashian's ass, you scream they're objectifying women.


So this is my last post on the topic. If you were in college writing a paper on this topic, you'd fail. You've not only been unable to support your thesis that Bannon is a racist, you've flooded the comments with articles and quotes that have nothing to do with your claims. "Here's a bunch of quotes where he said things we consider mean (never mind their accuracy) so this is why he's a racist.  Never mind that democrat behind the curtain who said the same thing."

I don't know Bannon. Had never heard of him until yesterday.

But here's the bottom line. You lost. This country is going to change and there's not a single thing any Democrat can do to stop it. The party is literally powerless in Washington.

So because you guys are so tolerant and welcoming, I leave you with Obama's comments in 2010 when he was working really hard for bipartisanship, because it explains your status right now :

https://youtu.be/25HN1kZtRIw

It's my opinion he's a racist, anti Semite with how he conducts himself and his publication which you ignore or discount. I've never heard David Duke call anyone a nigger, but I'm sure he has. Oh, and David Duke LOVES this guy for the reasons you've discounted. You can check your conservastive persecution complex about how we don't condemn whichever celebrity says something unPC, whether comedian or rapper. We're talking leaders of the country. There's a difference. And you know that. But at least now you found a new hero . smile

Oh, and Trump will most definitely fuck up in gloriously spectacular fashion and take conservatives down with him.  All we got to do is wait it out.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

With everything that's been posted about him, and you don't have a problem with any of it, there's no point continuing anything. That's all that needs to be said really.


There's nothing you or anyone else has linked that I can't find similar language used by the left. Or is 'Uncle Tom' an acceptable term

All you offer is faux outrage when someone who doesn't think like you uses strong language.

Is referring to straight people as "breeders" ok?

Is it ok to talk about bitches sucking on your nuts as long as you're black? Cause that's half of what Jay Z talks about and I don't recall liberal outrage when he was on stage with Clinton and Obama.

Was it ok when Amy Schumer called Latino men rapist?  I know you guys are up in arms that Trump called out the amount of gang bangers Mexico exports and you've stuck your head in the sand to the fact that child rape is more common in Latino communities than any other. But why no posts from Amy Schumer who was a Clinton surrogate.

This is why you guys are full of shit. The email leaks show plain as day the anti Semitic comments and thoughts from the DNC and how they planned to use Sanders religion as an attack point for Clinton.

Not a single fucking comment from any of you. You're probably rolling your eyes as you read this, cause you do not care what the left says no matter how vile. But if a Republican looks at Kim Kardashian's ass, you scream they're objectifying women.


So this is my last post on the topic. If you were in college writing a paper on this topic, you'd fail. You've not only been unable to support your thesis that Bannon is a racist, you've flooded the comments with articles and quotes that have nothing to do with your claims. "Here's a bunch of quotes where he said things we consider mean (never mind their accuracy) so this is why he's a racist.  Never mind that democrat behind the curtain who said the same thing."

I don't know Bannon. Had never heard of him until yesterday.

But here's the bottom line. You lost. This country is going to change and there's not a single thing any Democrat can do to stop it. The party is literally powerless in Washington.

So because you guys are so tolerant and welcoming, I leave you with Obama's comments in 2010 when he was working really hard for bipartisanship, because it explains your status right now :

https://youtu.be/25HN1kZtRIw

It's my opinion he's a racist, anti Semite with how he conducts himself and his publication which you ignore or discount. I've never heard David Duke call anyone a nigger, but I'm sure he has. Oh, and David Duke LOVES this guy for the reasons you've discounted. You can check your conservastive persecution complex about how we don't condemn whichever celebrity says something in PC, whether comedian or rapper. We're talking leaders of the country. There's a difference. And you know that. But at least now you found a new hero . smile

Farakhan endorsed Obama.  Does that discredit his term.  Trump never reached out to Duke, never spoke with him, never had a rally with him.  If that's how you define racism, just remember that the DNC is the party of Slavery, Jim Crow, Eugenics, Tuskegee and Robert Byrd.  That's a long list of guilt by association.

misterID
 Rep: 469 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

But Obama and Farakhan didn't share ideology, Bannon and Duke do... Sorry!

Aw, I love it when repubs have to back track 100 years to prove they're awesome with race. Too bad a majority of of those democrats switched to Republicans after Johnson signed The Civil Rights Act because they were racist bigots. You're quoting a time when liberals were republicans. Try again! smile

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB