You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Song Idea for GNR

monkeychow wrote:

Yesterday

There were so many songs that you never heard
now that reunion is happening
the lack of tracks is quite absurd

Cause Yesterday’s got nothing for me
Old setlists that you’ll always see
time just harms the vocals
and it’s harder to stay in key

Melissa in my pocket
I can’t sing about fucking banshies
Audience keeps on begging for rasp
someone tell them this ain’t Ac/Dc

‘Cause Yesterday’s got nothing for me
Old setlists that we’ll always see
albums of recordings waiting
but releasing’s too scary

Yesterday’s Got Nothing For Me
Got Nothing For Me

Yesterday, there were so many songs that I rarely played
some of them are only heard, on the alternative lists that the band display

Cause Yesterday’s got nothing for me
Old setlists that we’ll always see
The Seeker is the song
that the fans can use to pee

Yesterday

johndivney wrote:

That is fucking brilliant.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

POST OF THE YEAR, MONKEY!!  Bravo!!!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Absolutely brilliant. And sadly, also scarily accurate...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

It's crazy how fast the hype/excitement fizzled ... we've been dragged thru the mud too many times I suppose ... still I prolly should've went to the Toronto show ... tho i figure they prolly swing back thru USA/Canada next fall

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The hype is still there if your show is coming up but fuck, give us something, drop Seeker.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

It seems the machine is back at it.....so our prayers may soon be answered.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Unfortunately the muse disappeared just as fast as she came and the tour started with no single at radio to support it. 16

I'm not surprised because I don't expect another GN'R album will ever be released. Especially when they're making mad cheese.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

It's crazy how fast the hype/excitement fizzled .

Don't get me wrong, I'm as happy as anyone that Axl and Slash are back together.

I don't even know how to put what I think about all this without setting off the GNR camp's "entitled fans" feelings....but as a person who thinks genuinely that Axl and Slash are amongst the most talented people on the entire planet...I'm about wanting as much of that art to come about before life takes one of them as possible.

It's not that they owe me, or that we deserve it, or that they have to, or that they work for me, or any of that, and yes I should live my own life - it's just statistically we're probably in the last 10 to 15 years of the GNR story now, and it would be a god-aweul shame if it ended without anything else when they are so capable of so much more.

If we can be honest, we endured 30 years of nonsense and a war between half the band that was entirely unnecessary.

It resulted in the limited GNR work we got to not be either quite like what it would have with the old band, and, thanks to whatever industry nonsense, we never really heard quite what Axl wanted to do either.

Likewise many of Slash's works as much as I think they are wonderful could have been elevated without the nonsense we've all become used to over 30 years.

So yes, GNR is back, but they're 30 years behind schedule, there's a lost Axl/Slash album from the 90s, there's 2 more Chinese Era axl albums, there's what he recorded with DJ in 2012, there's what Slash recorded at the start of the year.

There is an absolute shit ton of stuff, but if you're like me you know the hourglass of fate is ticking on us all, it's beyond time for some progress. I love the shows and I'm looking forward to going to this tour, and I'm sure everyone is in their home town, and it's nice the reunion actually happened.

I love all that stuff. But at the same time it doesn't satisfy  the burning desire for more art I have. The more they recreate the glory days of 1991 the more than I realise how lacking the earth is of what actually made those days wonderful - not the tours - but that GNR was an artistically active entity.

johndivney wrote:

Axl is done with GnR. It's over. This is a(nother) nostalgia tour.
If this ever stops selling he'll retire. & honestly even if he stays with ac/dc for the foreseeable future there's no way to say the arrangement will sustain beyond that again, he could just retire completely.

Even if he is open to the idea of actually collaborating with Slash & Duff on GnR, you'd have think they'd have gotten around to something. The priority is touring & that has been said by the management & promoters & the actions of the band.

Board footer