You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

If only these "Closer Look" segments would have alerted the public to the problems with Obamacare or Black Lives Matters or Immigration.  People see what they want to see.  None of you were on this forum or any other bitching about the millions who were financially impacted when their premiums rose and could no longer afford insurance.  None of you said "Hey, wait a minute" when Obama decided to let mentally ill people join the military who will never be combat ready because their medication and counseling prevent them from entering a combat zone.  None of you posted any concern when Obama overreached his executive authority and set precedents that you won't enjoy now that Trump can wield that power.  None of you were here advocating how wrong Reid using the nuclear option in 2012, but are shitting your pants now that the GOP has total control and can literally remove the DNC from any control of our federal government.

But keep yucking it up with Samantha Bea and Seth Myers.  The adults will be making sure Trump doesn't kick start WW3 while correcting a lot of the damage the Obama administration has enabled the past 8 years.

Flagg continues to slab the libs around and I love it.

So you love conservative talking points?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

If only these "Closer Look" segments would have alerted the public to the problems with Obamacare or Black Lives Matters or Immigration.  People see what they want to see.  None of you were on this forum or any other bitching about the millions who were financially impacted when their premiums rose and could no longer afford insurance.  None of you said "Hey, wait a minute" when Obama decided to let mentally ill people join the military who will never be combat ready because their medication and counseling prevent them from entering a combat zone.  None of you posted any concern when Obama overreached his executive authority and set precedents that you won't enjoy now that Trump can wield that power.  None of you were here advocating how wrong Reid using the nuclear option in 2012, but are shitting your pants now that the GOP has total control and can literally remove the DNC from any control of our federal government.

But keep yucking it up with Samantha Bea and Seth Myers.  The adults will be making sure Trump doesn't kick start WW3 while correcting a lot of the damage the Obama administration has enabled the past 8 years.

Why don't you address why you were up in arms about Bannon but are mum on Ellison?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Yet not a single peep.

At work, so sorta can't.

As to your question about which cabinet picks I have a problem with??  Well let's see (quickly):

Billionaire 2 failed Senate attempt friend for Small Business Association haha
Fast Food Industry (notorious for LOW wages & ZERO middle class agenda) Billionaire for Labor Secretary
Person who SUED THE EPA as EPA Chief
The fact an ExXon CEO is being even considering for Secretary of State is frightening?!

I could go on, but these are the more laughable ones without coming off as uber-liberal or with an agenda. They're just terrible.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Yet not a single peep.

At work, so sorta can't.

As to your question about which cabinet picks I have a problem with??  Well let's see (quickly):

Billionaire 2 failed Senate attempt friend for Small Business Association haha
Fast Food Industry (notorious for LOW wages & ZERO middle class agenda) Billionaire for Labor Secretary
Person who SUED THE EPA as EPA Chief
The fact an ExXon CEO is being even considering for Secretary of State is frightening?!

I could go on, but these are the more laughable ones without coming off as uber-liberal or with an agenda. They're just terrible.

I don't think failed attempts at politics should stop someone. Biden failed at being elected President twice, yet was a fine Vice President.  But agree she is an unusual pick. That being said, I don't know what the fuck the small business secretary really does or what real impact she'll have on the economy.

The EPA has over stepped its bounds. A species of owl that are so stupid they can only survive in a hole in a special spot in Nevada, aren't important enough to halt construction of projects that will benefit millions of people.  Solar and wind aren't realistic alternatives to coal, oil and nuclear. Cut taxes to encourage alternative energies, but we shouldn't penalize energy sources that are proven to work because some celebrity believes it gave their child asthma 800 miles away. There's nothing wrong with improving technology and ensuring people aren't dying due to toxic waste being dumped in rivers. But at some point you have to accept risk. Open up off shore drilling and improve the oversight.

People were laughing that Trump said repeal 2 regulations for every new one. I think it's genius. He's not saying remove previous laws to create new ones. He's saying if something is so wrong it needs new regulation, we can look at existing regulations, clean them up and consolidate them into one rather than just patching endless regulations that are a minefield to navigate.

I don't think he'll be nominating the head of Exxon to be the State Secretary, but why is that inherently bad?  Why is a one term senator from New York an amazing pick or the life long senator from Massachusetts who married into the Heinz family?  I'm expecting Romney to get it, but would love to see Petraeus. Maybe the CEO of Exxon would be better suited for energy rather than some academic or life long lobbyist who mocks the miners and oil workers behind closed doors.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

For starters their world view & decisionmaking process had more than oil in it. As for 2 failed Senate terms, it's just a statement she couldn't get the voters in support of her so he shoehorned his friend into some cushy job. The statement of it, more than her capabilities (or lack thereof).

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Apparently he's also considering someone who it's documented posted fake news stories.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/potential-tr … 07693.html

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Why don't you address why you were up in arms about Bannon but are mum on Ellison?

I don't like Ellison. I have no reason to be up in arms about him, he's not the President's chief adviser, either. He wants to be DNC chair... I don't think he'll get it, but its nowhere near the same.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't like Ellison. I have no reason to be up in arms about him, he's not the President's chief adviser, either. He wants to be DNC chair... I don't think he'll get it, but its nowhere near the same.

Right, the leader of the Democratic Party, who sets policy and coordinates campaigns and fund raising is nothing similar to Bannon who holds no official power or responsibility. The mental gymnastics you guys pull is astounding.  I honestly have to wonder if you're not trolling. Whatever it takes to believe you have a shred of intellectual objectivity and honesty.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Right, the leader of the Democratic Party, who sets policy and coordinates campaigns and fund raising is nothing similar to Bannon who holds no official power or responsibility. The mental gymnastics you guys pull is astounding.  I honestly have to wonder if you're not trolling. Whatever it takes to believe you have a shred of intellectual objectivity and honesty.

He's not the DNC chair, so I don't know if you're actually this dense or just looking to argue. You asked why I didn't say anything and I told you, he's running for DNC chair, that has no affect on me, though I think he's an absolutely terrible choice, even if he wins he won't shape policy, Democrats have a song centrist membership and there will be all kinds of issues. I support Jaime Harrison. Bannon has the President's ear to try and shape policy with his admittedly alt right agenda, which could directly impact my life. You're talking about a guy who wants the reigns to the DNC. Not the same.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Oh, I'm not upset at all. I would have hand picked her to stay if my opinion mattered. She's the worst choice for the Democratic party. It proves that nothing was learned and your party has now officially squandered everything it got in 2006 and 2008. 10 years of control that will soon be a foot note in American history.

Here are some things I learned:

1) Republicans have a great way of using information to divide people

2) The amazing hypocrisy of conservatives of the last eight years claiming they weren't up in arms for the last 8 years over the black man in the white house - then turning around and saying they didn't act like total bitches for eight years AND

3) Now Democrats are just supposed to accept the 'new era' without being upset....

4) We're all supposed to forget how pathetically the Republican controlled congress obstructed everything for the last 6 years and blame Obama for everything that has gone wrong.

5) While obstructing everything Obama wanted, Republicans bitched about his use of executive orders.

6) Republicans shut down the government TWICE in the last 4 years and you all thought it was cool....even when it damaged our economy and hurt our national credit rating.

7) I learned that Republicans can be hypercritical of any Democrat but turn a blind eye to a white man grabbin pussy and calling mexicans rapists

8) I learned that it doesn't matter HOW you get elected....all that matters is that you get elected.

9) I learned that it's okay to insult anyone as long as they are not a rich white man CEO/real estate mogul.

10) I learned that when you disagree with our new president, he has the time to tweet for hours on end...

11) I learned that it's okay for our president to insult the very people he is to represent.

12) I learned that the popular vote matters nothing when the winner of the EC doesn't win it.

13) I learned that 2.5 million votes don't matter

14) I learned that by getting rid of SS and privatizing Medicaid is all about helping out wall street people who don't give a shit about you

15) I learned that you can say and do anything during the campaign and not be held accountable within weeks of winning said election.

16) I learned you can back track on every promise and theme during campaigning and supporters don't care.

17) I learned that Americans love questionable, unethical business practices that include filing bankruptcy to get out of paying taxes.

18) I learned that hypocrisy is okay as long as you win.

19) I learned that it's more fun the demonize the minority than it is to unify people.

20) I learned that the theme of Republican politics is to pull the ladder up behind you (ie Paul Ryan who benefited from many social programs growing up).

All this comes from a business owner whose life will likely get better as a result the new Republican policies. At least financially. But ethically and morally...I feel we're on the door step of the promotion of selfishness and ridicule. The hooray for me and fuck you attitude is alive and well in America. The last thing I've learned is that, I guess we're proud of that.

How's that for slapping around some conservatives?

Board footer