You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

Trump hasn't been sworn in yet. Why don't you wait till he and his congress actually pass their first law.

And for the millionth time, the republicans didn't gain control of congress until 2014 when they took the senate. Repeating something that is wrong indefinitely doesn't make it true. The Democratic Party is still the party of the KKK and Jim Crow no matter how many times you put your fingers in your ear and shake your head no.

You guys had your chance. The constitution is all that matters. Suck it up buttercup. It's going to be an awesome ride. axl

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

The Democratic Party is still the party of the KKK and Jim Crow no matter how many times you put your fingers in your ear and shake your head no.

No you've lowered yourself....

You will not criticize Drumpf now matter what he does....being a fanboy does nothing...

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:

The Democratic Party is still the party of the KKK and Jim Crow no matter how many times you put your fingers in your ear and shake your head no.

No you've lowered yourself....

You will not criticize Drumpf now matter what he does....being a fanboy does nothing...

I didn't vote for the guy. I stated on the forum I was concerned he'd be played for a fool by Putin. That's what drives me nuts. You guys come in here and scream because some cunt from Mother Jones said Bannon acknowledged that Breitbard has become a source for "alt right."  Nothing Bannon said or did, mind you. But the presumptive head of the Democratic Party is going to be an antisemite and black power racist and none of you say a peep. I mean, come on!

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you or anyone else. The point has been made.

But Trump hasn't even been sworn in yet and some of you are acting like it's 1929. A lot of dumb shit happened this week that haven't been appropriate to discuss.

#1 Ohio passing its retarded heart beat bill.
#2 Trump being an asshole bickering like a fucking millennial on Twitter with Baldwin.
#3 Trump taking credit for shit he had no involvement in

I'm just saying you guys set the bar pretty low when Obama got a fucking Noble Prize before being sworn in. Even he knew it was a farce and refused to participate.

I'll be the first to criticize Trump when he backtracks or fucks up. But if he ends anchor babies the day after he's inaugurated or refuses to admit refugees, I don't disagree with it so why would I bitch?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I've had a feeling Russia was going to become an issue before the inauguration and it looks like it will explode...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na … story.html

So far, two cabinet nominees have direct ties to Russia and Putin, Flynn and Rex Tillerson. All paths from Trump are leading back to Moscow. Seriously, Reagan would have never dropped to his knees to Russia. He would have never stood for this. This is shitting on the legacy of what Reagan stood for. This is the republican party now?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The CIA says Russia conducted espionage against the United States with a cyber attack and Trump attacks the CIA.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/10/politics/ … index.html

Republicans need to stand up and do the right thing and block Flynn and Tillerson. If there is no Russia connection then prove it by simply removing people who are associated with Russia from your cabinet.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

But Trump hasn't even been sworn in yet and some of you are acting like it's 1929. A lot of dumb shit happened this week that haven't been appropriate to discuss.

He's already acting like the president...he's not even waiting. He negotiated with Carrier and he's not even sworn in yet. It doesn't make any sense. What he did to 'save' Carrier was the exact thing that he criticizes Obama/Dems of doing. He just does whatever the hell on a whim and I think it's a window into the future.

Look at the jack-assery he's planning for the inauguration.

I'm just saying you guys set the bar pretty low when Obama got a fucking Noble Prize before being sworn in. Even he knew it was a farce and refused to participate.

And he's appointed Vince McMahon's wife to the cabinet!!!! It's not even funny anymore....he's a total buffoon.

Did anyone even care about that? Didn't Bob Dylan just blow them off? I didn't personally give him that award and in fact I had forgotten that it even happened...that's how little I cared.

#1 Ohio passing its retarded heart beat bill.

This is what happens when Republicans control all branches of the government...and there's more to come. These are the things that enrage me about Republicans. They get up in arms about people coming to this country from other places but when it comes to abortions, they all the sudden believe all life is precious....or is it just American lives?

I cannot believe....with all the things going on in the world that people have time to worry about other people having abortions. Why don't those people get jobs? Why doesn't anyone call those people lazy or call their behaviors atrocious like the people who protested after Trump won?

Doesn't anyone see the irony of the government getting involved to make choices for people - and the perpetrating party being Republicans? Could the Republicans possibly be this hypocritical?

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Doesn't anyone see the irony of the government getting involved to make choices for people - and the perpetrating party being Republicans? Could the Republicans possibly be this hypocritical?

I've raised this exact same point so many times, and the only arguments that seem to come up are of the "they are protecting my freedom to stop other people from doing with their bodies what they want" variety. Something about being a Christian nation, and it being about the protection of the "American way of life" or some other nonsense...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

To be pro choice means you offer no freedom to the unborn. Do they not have a right to live? A baby isn't part of the woman's body. It is just housed there. It has its own DNA, blood, organs, etc. In times of rape and major sickness, or health to the mother of course I am pro choice. But a baby to me has nothing to do about rights for the mother but rights for the innocent baby.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

To be pro choice means you offer no freedom to the unborn. Do they not have a right to live? A baby isn't part of the woman's body. It is just housed there. It has its own DNA, blood, organs, etc. In times of rape and major sickness, or health to the mother of course I am pro choice. But a baby to me has nothing to do about rights for the mother but rights for the innocent baby.

But once that baby is born...fuck that kid...he's on his own. He needs to pull himself up by his own boot straps!

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

But once that baby is born...fuck that kid...he's on his own. He needs to pull himself up by his own boot straps!

I don't agree with Smoking Guns. But what are you willing to do to people who have children they can't afford or are ill prepared to raise?  Food stamps doesn't help when there's 6 kids living in a 2 bedroom apartment cause mommy doesn't want to work and likes the attention from men.

Board footer