You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Random right wing outrage word generator: Cracked skull, commutation, transsexuals, polls, PC culture run amok, BLM, Social Justice Warriors, femi-nazis, liberal media, welfare queens, CIA (only for Trump's pee pee report), attack-on-Christianity, LGBT, Hollywood, Rachel Maddow, gun grabbers, baby killers, unwed mothers, France, birth control pills, Happy Holidays, cracked skull...did I say cracked skull? Immigrants, freedom haters, and kale chips.

Don't forget cracked skull. Once you get that you don't have to offer any legislation or defend your claims. Did you know he got his skull cracked?

Inch of his Life!!!!

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
TheMole wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

However NO PARDON FOR DAVID PATREAUS. What is going on here??

Why the fuck would he need to be pardoned, he's not even serving jail time?

Well he did have to serve 2 years of probation and pay a $100,000 fine. And he did far less than this person. Would be nice for him to get a pardon to get it off his record?

Manning didn't get a pardon either, she only got a ludicrously long sentence commuted to something slightly more sane (but still long for the crime she actually committed). You're advocating that a guy who's made similar, although admittedly less grave, mistakes FOR THE SAKE OF PUSSY gets a pardon (again, something Manning didn't get). Also, you don't serve probation, you're on probation... it's not like he wasn't free to go wherever he wanted. All probation basically is, is a warning: if you do anything like this again, we'll throw your ass in jail for real...

You have to admit that the incarceration figures in the US are completely out of whack. Repeat after me: more people in prison per capita than China! This is of course partly because of ill-advised policies such as the war on drugs, partly because of overzealous racial profiling, but at least in part also because of overly long sentences handed down by uber conservative judges that haven't yet caught up with the concept of correctional sentencing and get a hard-on from punishing people who've made mistakes. Commuting sentences is one of the ways Obama could correct some of the more egregious cases (such as Manning's).

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You're correct, I was wrong, she wasn't given a pardon.

And don't forget about private prisons paying off judges for harsher sentences.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

Youre correct, I was wrong, she wasn't given a pardon.

And don't forget about private prisons paying off judges for harsher sentences.

What does that have to do with Presidential pardon/commutations?

misterID

misterID wrote:
TheMole wrote:

You have to admit that the incarceration figures in the US are completely out of whack. Repeat after me: more people in prison per capita than China! This is of course partly because of ill-advised policies such as the war on drugs, partly because of overzealous racial profiling, but at least in part also because of overly long sentences handed down by uber conservative judges that haven't yet caught up with the concept of correctional sentencing and get a hard-on from punishing people who've made mistakes.

That.

Randall Flagg

removed

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'm not against guns, you just want to rant about blacks. I'm not getting into it.

Props to Bernie for the Price questions!!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm not against guns, you just want to rant about blacks. I'm not getting into it.

I liked the questions but often he would interrupt and not even let price answer.

Some of his stock purchases are questionable.

He does seem like a smart fella

Single payer is the only option that will make the Dems happy. But get used to waiting for major surgeries etc. would be good for basic Shit. But waiting period like Israel and Canada. If you have a cold in Canada or Israel, you are good. If you need your knee replaced or a lung transplant you may be waiting a while. Would be a huge cultural shift.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

You can't link someone's post claiming racism and then say "you're addressing the claims of race, so I'm not going to respond."

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree with Flagg. You guys act like the people in jail did nothing to be sent there. There are some folks in jail that don't deserve to be there. But most do.

Board footer