You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

How about this. Why should we admit these people to our country?

Because it's humane. Either you have empathy for other human beings fleeing a hopeless situation or you don't I guess. To quote that statue of yours:

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

But then again, the presence of halal meat is probably too high a price to pay for the safety of a family fleeing persecution by a savage dictator.

If you don't actually care about your country or anyone but yourself though, I can understand why you don't want them. You'd just have to admit that.

I care about my country. I'm willing to die for it. I don't give a shit about someone in a far off land I've never met, won't meet and has no idea I exist.  I'm not going to sacrifice mine or anyone else's safety for someone unwilling to defend their home. And especially not someone unwilling to defend their home and has no concept of my culture and values.

By that definition, many people here are just as much foreigners as actual foreigners. I don't know what 'America' it is that you're willing to die for...because you and I can't even agree on reality.

Is it just for the people that agree with you and see things like you that you're willing to die for....or....is it an idea of what you think
America should be?

Lately, you mostly just seem angry...and empowered by negative energy. You rant and rave about things...and there's just a ton of negative energy coming from you.

I've been listening to you for 6 months now...and the things you worry about don't even show up on my radar. You truly should've vote for Trump.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

*Oh, and some guy Mitch appeared. I don't really recall him much prior to here but look out, he's a pitbull 16  j/k, always good to see new posters.

I'm going to take this as a compliment 16:haha:

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Haha, yeah.

Just a heads up all, I won't be posting much if at all during the day. I get all riled up in here & it affects me at work. My anxiety goes thru the roof, plus I could post all day back & forth. Even at night I'll try to casually let my thoughts be known now & then.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Haha, yeah.

Just a heads up all, I won't be posting much if at all during the day. I get all riled up in here & it affects me at work. My anxiety goes thru the roof, plus I could post all day back & forth. Even at night I'll try to casually let my thoughts be known now & then.

Don't worry, America is being MGA... lol

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Haha, yeah.

Don't worry, America is being MGA... lol

lol, I almost urban dictionaried it, then it hit me.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

It's like a Royal Rumble in this place.  People just come running down the stands, dive into the ring, and start swinging haymakers around, every man for themself. Alliances be damned, friend or foe.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Come on PaSnow, we'll talk more about chicks...

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Come on PaSnow, we'll talk more about chicks...

Yeah that's always like our "Timeout" or safe ground where we carry on OffTopic.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

It's like a Royal Rumble in this place.  People just come running down the stands, dive into the ring, and start swinging haymakers around, every man for themself. Alliances be damned, friend or foe.

We'll let you draw #30 everyday day if you stay and play 9

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

th?id=OIP.M833b054e8857f26bc554f0719434d903o0&pid=15.1

Board footer