You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Steven Adler Reddit AMA

Axlin16 wrote:

Haven't posted really since I saw my show in July of last year, because there's been nothing of real interest. GN'R is now trying to copy the AC/DC-model to capitalize on being a multi-million dollar global stadium touring act. One of the last few in rock.

Saw this Steven interview, it was the first real thing of interest I had seen since last year after Izzy blew it off, and everyone (Steven included) stopped sucking their dicks, so they could be VIP's of the band.


This interview pretty much confirms a feeling I had when this story broke in April of last year. I always felt that Steven's "back" was nothing more than a cover story. Steven has HIS version of truth (to quote Duff), and blames basically everything on his back. Steven would have you believe that he was locked in to play half the shows, if not 2/3 of the shows, and his back went out, and he was 'just fine later in the day', and that they immediately brought Frank in.

What i'd love to know is what Axl, Slash & Duff's true HONEST opinion on it is. And what you're probably going to be told (especially from Axl), is that.... *drum roll* -- Steven couldn't pull off the tracks.

"But wait Axlin, I saw Steven on some YouTube cell phone video rehearsing and he was GREAT! You're full of shit! Frank sucks!"


What you saw was what Steven WANTED YOU TO SEE. What you saw was ONE TAKE of him NAILING something, but still (to my ears) being off-time and slow.

In 1991, this shit MIGHT HAVE flied in the band, because all of them were loaded. But GN'R have sold their souls, and have one lost shot at rock immortality to be the big shit in the business again, as a multi-million dollar corporation. An opportunity that KISS squandared, and to an extent Van Halen.

Guns isn't going to risk that with Steven Adler. Frank has proven he's sober, can show up, keep time, nail the fucking songs, the way they've... frankly... been played for the LAST DECADE.

Adler hasn't been in the band for 30 fucking years! Jesus Christ Steven, times fucking change man. The band has changed the way the song is played. Diehard fans don't like it. Oh well. Van Halen plays differently. Whitesnake plays songs a key or two lower to suit Coverdale's declining voice. Shit changes. And GN'R plays songs differently and faster.

Steven himself admits in the interview he didn't even recognize Brownstone when it was being played, because it's a completely different animal now.

Bottom line -- Adler couldn't pull the tracks off in 2016, the way Guns N' Roses plays the songs in 2000 fucking 16. Not 1990. Now. Axl imo, basically (like Stephen Pearcy did with Robbin Crosby in RATT after he had a drug-induced stoke and sobered up shortly before he died), that having Steven out for "a couple songs here and there" -- is okay. But anything more than that -- not gonna happen. 1/5 of the gross? I'll kill the mother fucker myself (in an Axl voice).

Adler couldn't hack it, and again took an olive branch and has let it go to his head, and instead of just being grateful that they were willing to fly him out to these locations, takes it as "Frank's my buddy" to "why is Frank here, I can do this"

No you can't. And just because you nail YCBM & Civil War in ONE TAKE, doesn't mean you'll last for another two hours.

There's a reason Peter Criss isn't in KISS anymore either.

Again...


This is why Axl stayed galaxies away from this clown for years. He's got what we've discovered in the past year as "BBS" -- Bobby Blotzer Syndrome. Maybe people haven't paid attention to the 2016 disaster of "Bobby Blotzer's RATT", but it's basically if Adler toured Adler today as Guns N' Roses. Bullshit, obviously. The least talented member, touring as the band. Well Blotzer's experiment is done, and Adler is still living in denial with his syndrome.

So like Blotzer before him, let's explain to Steven the problem -- you are WAY WAY WAY more important IN YOUR MIND than you actually are to Guns N' Roses.

"The fans want the original 5"

NO THEY FUCKING DON'T. Guns N' Roses has sold out stadiums WORLD FUCKING WIDE, with Axl, Slash & Duff and no one else that anyone knows is in the band. Most casuals don't even know Duff. They just know the big two of Axl & Slash. Most casuals don't even recognize the majority of the setlist. I was at the fucking show, when Duff was introduced -- it got a mild reaction from the audience. Dizzy got virtually an equal reaction when Axl introduced the band.

Know who got the big pops? Axl & Slash. No... one... else.


Live with it. Accept it. Be happy with it. And be thankful that they're willing to have you over every so often. You're such a fuck up, you're un-insurable. Period. That's not bullshit, that's a fact of life. Take the hint. Why do you keep sucking their dick, if it's obvious they don't want you back. Move on. Be thankful, stay in touch with Slash & Duff, maybe you'll be back out there.

YOU - ARE - NOT - THE - DRUMMER - OF - GUNS - N - ROSES

Frank Ferrer IS and has been since 2006. Anybody that wishes him OUT, is a fucking clueless moron, because that same moron is the one that is gonna piss and moan when GN'R has to cancel their tour and their show, because jackass got found in his hotel room with an 8-ball and dead hooker. Frank is there - to avoid this.

It is what it is. If "GN'R is dead; it's not a real reunion". Fine. Don't listen to it. I'm not interested without new music. I'm kinda over this tour. But all the best.


But this Adler fucker. I'm over this shit. Fuck this clown. You had your moment 30 years ago. All you had to do is stay the fuck away from needles and pipes. That's it. And you MADE YOUR CHOICE.

You wanted drugs, rather than fame and more money.


Now live with it.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 51 

Re: Steven Adler Reddit AMA

FlashFlood wrote:

Awesome post. Bill Ward with Sabbath is another good example...they seemed to make out just fine. But Steven is way worse. They threw him a bone he didn't deserve.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Steven Adler Reddit AMA

FlashFlood wrote:

Awesome post. Bill Ward with Sabbath is another good example...they seemed to make out just fine. But Steven is way worse. They threw him a bone he didn't deserve.

Saw Sabbath back in August. So proud of those guys and Tommy knocked it out of the park on the kit. They crushed it and both the band and tour ended on a high note.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 329 

Re: Steven Adler Reddit AMA

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

Haven't posted really since I saw my show in July of last year, because there's been nothing of real interest. GN'R is now trying to copy the AC/DC-model to capitalize on being a multi-million dollar global stadium touring act. One of the last few in rock.

Saw this Steven interview, it was the first real thing of interest I had seen since last year after Izzy blew it off, and everyone (Steven included) stopped sucking their dicks, so they could be VIP's of the band.


This interview pretty much confirms a feeling I had when this story broke in April of last year. I always felt that Steven's "back" was nothing more than a cover story. Steven has HIS version of truth (to quote Duff), and blames basically everything on his back. Steven would have you believe that he was locked in to play half the shows, if not 2/3 of the shows, and his back went out, and he was 'just fine later in the day', and that they immediately brought Frank in.

What i'd love to know is what Axl, Slash & Duff's true HONEST opinion on it is. And what you're probably going to be told (especially from Axl), is that.... *drum roll* -- Steven couldn't pull off the tracks.

"But wait Axlin, I saw Steven on some YouTube cell phone video rehearsing and he was GREAT! You're full of shit! Frank sucks!"


What you saw was what Steven WANTED YOU TO SEE. What you saw was ONE TAKE of him NAILING something, but still (to my ears) being off-time and slow.

In 1991, this shit MIGHT HAVE flied in the band, because all of them were loaded. But GN'R have sold their souls, and have one lost shot at rock immortality to be the big shit in the business again, as a multi-million dollar corporation. An opportunity that KISS squandared, and to an extent Van Halen.

Guns isn't going to risk that with Steven Adler. Frank has proven he's sober, can show up, keep time, nail the fucking songs, the way they've... frankly... been played for the LAST DECADE.

Adler hasn't been in the band for 30 fucking years! Jesus Christ Steven, times fucking change man. The band has changed the way the song is played. Diehard fans don't like it. Oh well. Van Halen plays differently. Whitesnake plays songs a key or two lower to suit Coverdale's declining voice. Shit changes. And GN'R plays songs differently and faster.

Steven himself admits in the interview he didn't even recognize Brownstone when it was being played, because it's a completely different animal now.

Bottom line -- Adler couldn't pull the tracks off in 2016, the way Guns N' Roses plays the songs in 2000 fucking 16. Not 1990. Now. Axl imo, basically (like Stephen Pearcy did with Robbin Crosby in RATT after he had a drug-induced stoke and sobered up shortly before he died), that having Steven out for "a couple songs here and there" -- is okay. But anything more than that -- not gonna happen. 1/5 of the gross? I'll kill the mother fucker myself (in an Axl voice).

Adler couldn't hack it, and again took an olive branch and has let it go to his head, and instead of just being grateful that they were willing to fly him out to these locations, takes it as "Frank's my buddy" to "why is Frank here, I can do this"

No you can't. And just because you nail YCBM & Civil War in ONE TAKE, doesn't mean you'll last for another two hours.

There's a reason Peter Criss isn't in KISS anymore either.

Again...


This is why Axl stayed galaxies away from this clown for years. He's got what we've discovered in the past year as "BBS" -- Bobby Blotzer Syndrome. Maybe people haven't paid attention to the 2016 disaster of "Bobby Blotzer's RATT", but it's basically if Adler toured Adler today as Guns N' Roses. Bullshit, obviously. The least talented member, touring as the band. Well Blotzer's experiment is done, and Adler is still living in denial with his syndrome.

So like Blotzer before him, let's explain to Steven the problem -- you are WAY WAY WAY more important IN YOUR MIND than you actually are to Guns N' Roses.

"The fans want the original 5"

NO THEY FUCKING DON'T. Guns N' Roses has sold out stadiums WORLD FUCKING WIDE, with Axl, Slash & Duff and no one else that anyone knows is in the band. Most casuals don't even know Duff. They just know the big two of Axl & Slash. Most casuals don't even recognize the majority of the setlist. I was at the fucking show, when Duff was introduced -- it got a mild reaction from the audience. Dizzy got virtually an equal reaction when Axl introduced the band.

Know who got the big pops? Axl & Slash. No... one... else.


Live with it. Accept it. Be happy with it. And be thankful that they're willing to have you over every so often. You're such a fuck up, you're un-insurable. Period. That's not bullshit, that's a fact of life. Take the hint. Why do you keep sucking their dick, if it's obvious they don't want you back. Move on. Be thankful, stay in touch with Slash & Duff, maybe you'll be back out there.

YOU - ARE - NOT - THE - DRUMMER - OF - GUNS - N - ROSES

Frank Ferrer IS and has been since 2006. Anybody that wishes him OUT, is a fucking clueless moron, because that same moron is the one that is gonna piss and moan when GN'R has to cancel their tour and their show, because jackass got found in his hotel room with an 8-ball and dead hooker. Frank is there - to avoid this.

It is what it is. If "GN'R is dead; it's not a real reunion". Fine. Don't listen to it. I'm not interested without new music. I'm kinda over this tour. But all the best.


But this Adler fucker. I'm over this shit. Fuck this clown. You had your moment 30 years ago. All you had to do is stay the fuck away from needles and pipes. That's it. And you MADE YOUR CHOICE.

You wanted drugs, rather than fame and more money.


Now live with it.

Well, let's assume you are right about Adler...  fine

But Matt Sorum AND Brent Fitz are light years better at drums than Frank. Frank is very average behind the kid. And based off talent alone and finding a groove, Adler is also superior to Frank. Frank is more reliable than Adler maybe. But he is reliably average. Sorum should be the drummer. All that said, I saw GNR 3 times in 2016. Frank didn't ruin it for me. So it didn't matter too much.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: Steven Adler Reddit AMA

zombux wrote:

awesome post Axlin! yeah, that's how things are.
talking about Sorum - yeah, he's a good drummer. but as a person, he's almost the same prick as Adler. albeit not THAT stupid. anyway, it's 20 years since he was in the band and his contribution to the band is very low (re-recording Adler's parts at UYI and playing covers at TSI - not a single writing contribution). he would most probably be a similar bad apple in the band as Adler.
nah, move on, Frank Ferrer is the drummer of GNR, like it or not.
(personally I don't really care, from an artistic point maybe I'd prefer Brain, Josh Freese or even Sorum, but it doesn't really matter)

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Re: Steven Adler Reddit AMA

Brett wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

Haven't posted really since I saw my show in July of last year, because there's been nothing of real interest. GN'R is now trying to copy the AC/DC-model to capitalize on being a multi-million dollar global stadium touring act. One of the last few in rock.

Saw this Steven interview, it was the first real thing of interest I had seen since last year after Izzy blew it off, and everyone (Steven included) stopped sucking their dicks, so they could be VIP's of the band.


This interview pretty much confirms a feeling I had when this story broke in April of last year. I always felt that Steven's "back" was nothing more than a cover story. Steven has HIS version of truth (to quote Duff), and blames basically everything on his back. Steven would have you believe that he was locked in to play half the shows, if not 2/3 of the shows, and his back went out, and he was 'just fine later in the day', and that they immediately brought Frank in.

What i'd love to know is what Axl, Slash & Duff's true HONEST opinion on it is. And what you're probably going to be told (especially from Axl), is that.... *drum roll* -- Steven couldn't pull off the tracks.

"But wait Axlin, I saw Steven on some YouTube cell phone video rehearsing and he was GREAT! You're full of shit! Frank sucks!"


What you saw was what Steven WANTED YOU TO SEE. What you saw was ONE TAKE of him NAILING something, but still (to my ears) being off-time and slow.

In 1991, this shit MIGHT HAVE flied in the band, because all of them were loaded. But GN'R have sold their souls, and have one lost shot at rock immortality to be the big shit in the business again, as a multi-million dollar corporation. An opportunity that KISS squandared, and to an extent Van Halen.

Guns isn't going to risk that with Steven Adler. Frank has proven he's sober, can show up, keep time, nail the fucking songs, the way they've... frankly... been played for the LAST DECADE.

Adler hasn't been in the band for 30 fucking years! Jesus Christ Steven, times fucking change man. The band has changed the way the song is played. Diehard fans don't like it. Oh well. Van Halen plays differently. Whitesnake plays songs a key or two lower to suit Coverdale's declining voice. Shit changes. And GN'R plays songs differently and faster.

Steven himself admits in the interview he didn't even recognize Brownstone when it was being played, because it's a completely different animal now.

Bottom line -- Adler couldn't pull the tracks off in 2016, the way Guns N' Roses plays the songs in 2000 fucking 16. Not 1990. Now. Axl imo, basically (like Stephen Pearcy did with Robbin Crosby in RATT after he had a drug-induced stoke and sobered up shortly before he died), that having Steven out for "a couple songs here and there" -- is okay. But anything more than that -- not gonna happen. 1/5 of the gross? I'll kill the mother fucker myself (in an Axl voice).

Adler couldn't hack it, and again took an olive branch and has let it go to his head, and instead of just being grateful that they were willing to fly him out to these locations, takes it as "Frank's my buddy" to "why is Frank here, I can do this"

No you can't. And just because you nail YCBM & Civil War in ONE TAKE, doesn't mean you'll last for another two hours.

There's a reason Peter Criss isn't in KISS anymore either.

Again...


This is why Axl stayed galaxies away from this clown for years. He's got what we've discovered in the past year as "BBS" -- Bobby Blotzer Syndrome. Maybe people haven't paid attention to the 2016 disaster of "Bobby Blotzer's RATT", but it's basically if Adler toured Adler today as Guns N' Roses. Bullshit, obviously. The least talented member, touring as the band. Well Blotzer's experiment is done, and Adler is still living in denial with his syndrome.

So like Blotzer before him, let's explain to Steven the problem -- you are WAY WAY WAY more important IN YOUR MIND than you actually are to Guns N' Roses.

"The fans want the original 5"

NO THEY FUCKING DON'T. Guns N' Roses has sold out stadiums WORLD FUCKING WIDE, with Axl, Slash & Duff and no one else that anyone knows is in the band. Most casuals don't even know Duff. They just know the big two of Axl & Slash. Most casuals don't even recognize the majority of the setlist. I was at the fucking show, when Duff was introduced -- it got a mild reaction from the audience. Dizzy got virtually an equal reaction when Axl introduced the band.

Know who got the big pops? Axl & Slash. No... one... else.


Live with it. Accept it. Be happy with it. And be thankful that they're willing to have you over every so often. You're such a fuck up, you're un-insurable. Period. That's not bullshit, that's a fact of life. Take the hint. Why do you keep sucking their dick, if it's obvious they don't want you back. Move on. Be thankful, stay in touch with Slash & Duff, maybe you'll be back out there.

YOU - ARE - NOT - THE - DRUMMER - OF - GUNS - N - ROSES

Frank Ferrer IS and has been since 2006. Anybody that wishes him OUT, is a fucking clueless moron, because that same moron is the one that is gonna piss and moan when GN'R has to cancel their tour and their show, because jackass got found in his hotel room with an 8-ball and dead hooker. Frank is there - to avoid this.

It is what it is. If "GN'R is dead; it's not a real reunion". Fine. Don't listen to it. I'm not interested without new music. I'm kinda over this tour. But all the best.


But this Adler fucker. I'm over this shit. Fuck this clown. You had your moment 30 years ago. All you had to do is stay the fuck away from needles and pipes. That's it. And you MADE YOUR CHOICE.

You wanted drugs, rather than fame and more money.


Now live with it.

I don't think Adler necessarily deserves to be on the tour but gimme a fuckin' break if you don't think they shouldn't dig into the real groove of AFD tracks and play them as intended.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 87 

Re: Steven Adler Reddit AMA

Brett wrote:

I don't think Adler necessarily deserves to be on the tour but gimme a fuckin' break if you don't think they shouldn't dig into the real groove of AFD tracks and play them as intended.

But they've changed up the songs. I like the new versions; Frank and Melissa make them feel a bit more contemporary. I just wish they'd pull their finger out and record a new album (while recognising the very good reasons why they haven't bothered to do so yet).

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 329 

Re: Steven Adler Reddit AMA

Smoking Guns wrote:

Who gives a fuck now. It is a money grab tour. We all know Sorum is a much better drummer but Axl doesn't need Sorum for this let alone Duff. All he needed was Slash. Very sad how he thinks....  no new music, flog the hell out of Angus and the fucking Seeker.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 329 

Re: Steven Adler Reddit AMA

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Brett wrote:

I don't think Adler necessarily deserves to be on the tour but gimme a fuckin' break if you don't think they shouldn't dig into the real groove of AFD tracks and play them as intended.

But they've changed up the songs. I like the new versions; Frank and Melissa make them feel a bit more contemporary. I just wish they'd pull their finger out and record a new album (while recognising the very good reasons why they haven't bothered to do so yet).


Frank and Melissa are the weak spots of the band.

Re: Steven Adler Reddit AMA

johndivney wrote:

SG is correct with both his posts.
There are no "very good reasons" why they haven't recorded: again SG is right, it's sad(!) the direction Axl has chosen. The only reason is because Axl doesn't want to, he's happy milking the touring machine for as long as he can be bothered, until his greed will be satisfied.
+ Axl's been neutered, TB have him anaesthetised with whatever meds they've been pumping into him the past 15 years.
These Axl apologists get right up my nose. The guy has spent his entire career ripping off his fans & acting in his own interests & people are fuckin stupid enough to think this is a good thing & to be grateful to breathe the same air as that asshole, like he's gonna descend from the sky & empower them to be even bigger dickheads than they already are.
Axlin is absolutely full of long winded nonsensical bullshit. As per usual. Talking out of his fat ass.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB