You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Re: Steven Adler Reddit AMA

Ragnar wrote:

When Axl gets AC/DC off his system maybe then he will start thinking about next Guns` album. Till then don`t hold your breath.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
johndivney wrote:

SG is correct with both his posts.
There are no "very good reasons" why they haven't recorded: again SG is right, it's sad(!) the direction Axl has chosen. The only reason is because Axl doesn't want to, he's happy milking the touring machine for as long as he can be bothered, until his greed will be satisfied.
+ Axl's been neutered, TB have him anaesthetised with whatever meds they've been pumping into him the past 15 years.
These Axl apologists get right up my nose. The guy has spent his entire career ripping off his fans & acting in his own interests & people are fuckin stupid enough to think this is a good thing & to be grateful to breathe the same air as that asshole, like he's gonna descend from the sky & empower them to be even bigger dickheads than they already are.
Axlin is absolutely full of long winded nonsensical bullshit. As per usual. Talking out of his fat ass.

If you want to bitch about the lack of recording/new material, all the power to you. There is literally no argument to be made against that.

At the same time, if people are bitching that this reunion isn't a "true" reunion because it's missing two of the people that played on tracks you lost your virginity to in the 80s, that's lame. Taking Axl's side over Steven's...no shame in that game.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
johndivney wrote:

SG is correct with both his posts.
There are no "very good reasons" why they haven't recorded: again SG is right, it's sad(!) the direction Axl has chosen. The only reason is because Axl doesn't want to, he's happy milking the touring machine for as long as he can be bothered, until his greed will be satisfied.
+ Axl's been neutered, TB have him anaesthetised with whatever meds they've been pumping into him the past 15 years.
These Axl apologists get right up my nose. The guy has spent his entire career ripping off his fans & acting in his own interests & people are fuckin stupid enough to think this is a good thing & to be grateful to breathe the same air as that asshole, like he's gonna descend from the sky & empower them to be even bigger dickheads than they already are.
Axlin is absolutely full of long winded nonsensical bullshit. As per usual. Talking out of his fat ass.

Wish I could give you Karma for that!

Axlin made a long post that was 99% bullshit but because it was realllllly long it makes him, "brilliant". Haha

johndivney wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

If you want to bitch about the lack of recording/new material, all the power to you. There is literally no argument to be made against that.

At the same time, if people are bitching that this reunion isn't a "true" reunion because it's missing two of the people that played on tracks you lost your virginity to in the 80s, that's lame. Taking Axl's side over Steven's...no shame in that game.

It's not about taking sides: they're all wrong, to various degrees they're all assholes & it's the fans who lose out. But it's hardly fair to single out Steven when they're all guilty of something or other. & I mean anyone can hear, & feel, the difference in the rhythm when Steven was drummer. I did actually agree with your post about Steven not being accountable in his own mind, but when people start diminishing his credits, or even Matt's in comparison to Frank who has what, appeared on a freakin DVD release? I mean, come on! People are trying to deny Steven's place in the alchemy. He fuckin played on the greatest fuckin album ever made for fucks sake. He deserves more love than he gets is what I'm thinking.

Ragnar

Ragnar wrote:

I`m sorry but I find all this white knighting for Steven both proposterous and ridiculous.

I can understand complaints about Izzy`s absence but Steven ? Steven fucking Adler ?..... give me a fucking break, he`s a waste of space, the lowest of the low, no one owes him anything, I would n`t allow him to play those two songs if I were Axl.

As for his contributions, they`re overblown and exaggerated, any 80`s drummer would have done what he did and difference would have been hardly noticeable, He was in the right place at the right time, nothing more.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

I`m sorry but I find all this white knighting for Steven both proposterous and ridiculous.

I can understand complaints about Izzy`s absence but Steven ? Steven fucking Adler ?..... give me a fucking break, he`s a waste of space, the lowest of the low, no one owes him anything, I would n`t allow him to play those two songs if I were Axl.

As for his contributions, they`re overblown and exaggerated, any 80`s drummer would have done what he did and difference would have been hardly noticeable, He was in the right place at the right time, nothing more.

Please list here Frank's record credits with GNR.

Then list Sorum's and Adler's and you tell me who looks fucking ridiculous.....

What is Frank's Mr. Brownstone moment? Or YCBM moment? or Paradise City moment, or a signature think like the cow bell, or a signature fill like NR or the epic drumming of Rocket Queen, etc.

Ragnar

Ragnar wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Please list here Frank's record credits with GNR.

Then list Sorum's and Adler's and you tell me who looks fucking ridiculous.....

What is Frank's Mr. Brownstone moment? Or YCBM moment? or Paradise City moment, or a signature think like the cow bell, or a signature fill like NR or the epic drumming of Rocket Queen, etc.

Record credits mean jackshit in this case. Seriously, some of you are either dense or ignorant as to how multi-million dollar businesses work, I`m sorry. Millions are at stake and when you`re at the helm of a big business entity like Guns N`Roses, you have to make sure everything runs smoothly and without any hiccups.

I`m not a fan of Frank`s at all, in fact, I think he should go but he`s proven himself to be a loyal, diligent and a competent employee so, he is n`t golng anywhere anytime soon.

Steven is a liability. He may be able to handle few gigs but he will eventually fall off the rails along the road and relapse which will coast the band millions of dollars. I`m sure no one wants such burden on their shoulders. I don`t blame them.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

You're being way too hard on him. For real.

That said, going back to the original article, I kinda like it. One thing I'm not sure was mentioned, if you do look at it a certain way, does it seem Guns did sortof give him a chance?

I mean, they brought him in to rehearsals on Day One!! To me there's a story right there, a story in that, part of the job was his to lose. Unfortunately for him he injured two vertebrae in his back & neck right away. I think that had to be sortof a telling moment to Axl, Slash & Duff that, this wasn't going to work. Drugs aside, Steven was a liability on too many levels, could he remain healthy, and could he keep up with the speed and timing?

I wonder if at first they did consider having him play alot of the earlier stuff.  It also seems apparent that maybe early on they talked about bringing Matt back to play the UYI and Axl pushed harder for Frank and Slash and Duff accepted, and that Sorum was never in the picture. So when Steven got hurt instead of having Frank as the UYI & backup QB for Steven, they just felt he was too much of a risk, and went all in on Frank.

Sucks he got hurt, we'll never know what was on their minds if he hadn't.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I'm not sure the back injury is really what did him in. In fact, I'm not sure he was ever seriously considered for the gig.

In an interview with Eddie Trunk this past week, he says he only rehearsed twice and it was only with Slash and Duff:

On whether he ever rehearsed with the full band at any point:

Adler: "No. Just those two rehearsals before I hurt my back, and that was just with Slash and Duff. Richard wasn't even there."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/steven … uyClsXs.99

If they were serious about him, he would have rehearsed with the whole band. I think they just wanted to test him out to see if he could even handle a guest spot.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Ok, I see.  Still I think he might have had a more prominent part in it. I do think Sorum was panned, obviously. We could go on about the drummers in this tour.  Still not worth bashing Steven or Matt as to their legacy to GnR.

Board footer