You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Rumour: Motley Crue to record new album and tour

monkeychow wrote:

Motley-Crue-photo-3-e1464740581255.jpg

Mötley Crüe rumoured to be working on “top secret” new album with tour to follow in 2018

Legendary sleaze rockers Mötley Crüe are apparently working on a “top secret” new album and planning a tour to follow for sometime at the end of 2018 despite having previously signed a contract never to tour again.

Cindy Scully from 97.1 The Eagle Scully Morning Show has reported in part on kegl.iheart.com;

‘The rumor is that MÖTLEY CRÜE been working on a top secret new album. Sources are admitting there are strong indications that Motley will return to the studio for a new album in conjunction with a Netflix biopic starting production soon.

According to a source close to the band, the early stages of recording rumors are true, with as many as eight songs….

Mötley Crüe are rumored to be planning a worldwide tour at the end of 2018. REPS are not giving ups any information on a new album, or any of the rock band’s future plans.

What about the special contract put in place so that they would never perform again? That apparently stipulates only “unless they ALL voided the contract together”.

The source claimed “Mick is the one who made this happen. ” They also claim that this will definitely be THE END after the movie hits Netflix and they do a special world tour for the new album.’

Source: http://sleazeroxx.com/motley-crue-rumou … w-in-2018/
Credit: Metalalex for sending me this link

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

lol @  ” They also claim that this will definitely be THE END...:

Yeah, um, ok.  I can't blame them, the previous 'retirement tour' was obviously far too soon. They've got another 10-20 years of nostalgia tours if they space them out well enough.  Looking forward to the biopic. If anything it'll just be an entire metaphor for all these bands, which would make a good concept. Sorta moprh stories together like Almost Famous did to the 70s rockers.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I can't blame them, the previous 'retirement tour' was obviously far too soon. They've got another 10-20 years of nostalgia tours if they space them out well enough.

It did seem early to me too - like when you have people like the stones, ac/dc and aerosmith carrying on into their old age and mostly still impressing audiences.

Although I guess in the longer term there's Mick Mars' health - who knows how his condition degenerates each year poor guy. Before this whole retirement thing - I figured the future of Motley would be to eventually add DJ Ahba in as a replacement for Mars. After all he has their look, he contributed to 'Saints of La' and of course he's also in Sixx:Am with Nikki.

Starting a new tour would be a massive WTF given all the long winded "Go out at our best, not play fairs" rants from the band members in the media , but lets face it, they wouldn't be the first band to retire then go back on it. Hell, if Axl can play with Slash again in this lifetime, I think we all know that things change.

I'm keen for a new album though. They promised a new album about a year before "The End" tour, but instead it got shelved and they just released  the singles "Sex" and "All Bad Things". I think their contract (which they could avoid anyway) never even said anything about recording, just live shows. So there's nothing stopping a new album other than to drop it with no tour doesn't make financial sense these days.

PaSnow wrote:

Looking forward to the biopic. If anything it'll just be an entire metaphor for all these bands, which would make a good concept. Sorta moprh stories together like Almost Famous did to the 70s rockers.

I loved the book. As you say a metaphor would be cool as hell too - a bit like Rock of Ages and Rockstar too - you could imagine someone could do a really good 80s rock story about the insanity of the period.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

UPDATE:

Nikki Sixx rejected the rumour today:

"A radio station recently posted a bullshit article that is getting picked up by the press because the press only wants ‘press’ SAD,” the rocker posted on Facebook. “Motley is not getting back together… I wish the press had more credibility and wouldn’t shit on fans’ feelings… Anything to get someone to click on their website so they can sell advertising… SAD… The press is supposed to report the news, not make up gossip or spread it….”

johndivney wrote:

Thank fuck for that.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I think their contract (which they could avoid anyway) never even said anything about recording, just live shows. So there's nothing stopping a new album other than to drop it with no tour doesn't make financial sense these days.

I think the OP article states the contract can be voided as long as they all void it together. Which is kinda cool, only if all 4 originals are on board with it. No Vince & Tommy moving on from the rest unless they all are onboard with it. I'm sure they will be.

Board footer