You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

monkeychow wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Why did they leave ? if it`s not a secret ? I find all these forum dramas ridiculous.

If you want to leave just fuck off no need to make grand gestures.

This was all about 2-3 years ago. I think 130 weeks according to the forum time stamp lol

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Why did they leave ? if it`s not a secret ? I find all these forum dramas ridiculous.

This was all about 2-3 years ago. I think 130 weeks according to the forum time stamp lol

And what happened exactly ?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

It kinda started from when the DJ lineup was out and active, and a bunch of people were going on about wanting Bucket & Robin back, and it was being discussed in threads about the touring band featuring DJ/Bumble etc and a bunch of us, myself included, thought that should be relegated to ex member talk. I always wanted Slash back, but I wouldn't go to DJ/Bumble threads and post about Slash. And I thought it was hypocritical to be doing so with Robin and Bucket to the DJ/Bumble lineup and also a real dampener for those that supported that band.

Anyway, that turned some people sour, and a bunch of other fighting that turned into more fighting and what looked like baiting of others. And then some back and forth PM's over the subsequent Bono banning, and Russ decided to leave.

Reading that all it all seems quite silly now, but it was like - you could be negative against the DJ/Bumble band if you prefered Robin/Bucket, but not if you wanted the original lineup back. And to many of us that was completely hypocritical and bullshit. We should allow all opinions of all lineups here, with respect, which is something I always liked about this board

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

So, basically, what it all boils down is " I like this, I like that, you`re an asshole no, I`m not, you`re an asshole" childish back and forth bickering. Usual forum stuff 14

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I can assure you if the main culprits from the political thread got together in a bar and just chatted about anything other than politics, we'd get along fine.

-- Would this include Flagg & SLC? 16  Cause if so, I'm taking you up on that bet. Not only that, but I'd be willing to gather that one of them would walk into the bar with the 20 or 30 of us, and without even knowing who we all are those two would immediately battle it out. "You fuckin dickface are you really that stupid. Let me put this into words you can comprehend..."

I'd have a beer with him.  I think he's completely off the reservation when it comes to politics (i'm sure he feels the same), but that doesn't mean I'd hurt him or wish harm on him because we disagree over the internet.  I'd have taken you up on your offer to grab a beer in Philly, but with the concert and having to rush down to DC the next day, I didn't have time. 

I met a bunch of forum dudes at Mustang Harry's during the Hammerstein shows.  Good group of cats.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Ok - in their case not knowing names might be better, but at the time in Vegas, people may have thought the same about Russ and bono, so who knows.

Yeah Russ & Bono is a heckuva pairing, I never would've thought. Russ seemed pretty bitter in the way he left.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Ragnar wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

And what happened exactly ?

Sorry misread that I thought you said WHEN not WHY...I wrote an unnecessarily long description of why they left a couple of pages back if you're keen to know. 5

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

All the Bono stuff was dumb. Like Monkey, I went on to become friends with him outside the forum, and he is a great guy and is just as passionate a fan as any GNR fan I've met. I guess people here just didn't like him calling out all the bullshit from GNR, though most of us here agree with him.

Bono was abrasive? Please...

Bono went full stalker and was enabled in his trolling and egged on.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

All the Bono stuff was dumb. Like Monkey, I went on to become friends with him outside the forum, and he is a great guy and is just as passionate a fan as any GNR fan I've met. I guess people here just didn't like him calling out all the bullshit from GNR, though most of us here agree with him.

Bono was abrasive? Please...

Bono went full stalker and was enabled in his trolling and egged on.

You may believe that, but given that the guy ain't here to defend himself, I wouldn't hold that as truth, at all.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I liked Bono. I feel maybe a bit 'antagonistic' would be a better description than 'abrasive' or 'trolling'. He would push peoples buttons, and push the envelope, I don't think he was ever 'a dick' to anyone, or not intentionally.

Board footer