You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Live nation bills NITLT 2nd USA leg as "their legendary last tour"

monkeychow wrote:

guns_last_tour.jpg

Marketing Error? Or is GNR done soon? Richard seems to hope for something more...but then maybe the future is Axl/Dc for GNR.

Or maybe they just mean the last leg of this tour?

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Who knows at this stage. Although if it was the last tour you would expect promoters to make far more of it. It's another way to sell tickets. Any empty seat is one that might have been filled if people had known it was the final tour.

I know it was a year ago but Axls interview at the china exchange seemed to suggest he wanted to keep the reunion going for a long time. He didn't put a time on it but the inference was certainly longer than 18 months then hang up the mic.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Jim says it's not true over on Truth. Slash's lady also denies it's their last tour.

bky5oR.jpeg

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I would guess marketing error. You would think the copywriting gets some pretty thorough QA'ing, but otoh I can see how its an oversight. Plus, a design firm (or department) like this probably kicks one of these out an hour. So it's not like it was carefully drawn up over a weeks time with revision stages.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I would guess marketing error. You would think the copywriting gets some pretty thorough QA'ing, but otoh I can see how its an oversight. Plus, a design firm (or department) like this probably kicks one of these out an hour. So it's not like it was carefully drawn up over a weeks time with revision stages.

marketing error? if anything, i'd say this is marketing strategy. if the US tour is struggling to sell out, why not get a buzz out there that this will be the last time anyone ever sees them on stage together?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I lean towards error as you'd think if it was real they would have been balls out marketing it that way for years  - like Motley Crue's The End tour was....then again this is GNR....not like much happens according to logic.

Board footer