You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Re: The Lost Velvet Revolver Albums - Could they become GNR?

Ragnar wrote:

Everything recorded with the wanker called Corey Taylor should be buried hundred feet under.

He sucks hairy balls. Everything he`s a part of ends up being trash. Both Stone Sour and Slipknot are abysmal.

One is generic, watered down post grunge rubbish and the other unlistenable nu metal cacophony.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

One is generic, watered down post grunge rubbish and the other unlistenable nu metal cacophony.

lol, I agree with you on this part.  Not a fan of either.  Although, I've looked him up after constant remarks about how great he is, and he actually would make a good singer in the right band. Sortof a David Coverdale of his era. Great singer, wrong bands.

zombux wrote:

yup, I remember the time The Project started, back then it was rumored to be called Cherry Roses (because members of Buckcherry were involved or rumored to be involved)

Yeah, remember it well. I didn't expect Izzy to not go thru on it either. I don't recall Cherry Roses, or at least I never took that seriously, thats so cheesy a name.  However Josh Todd was a bit of a frontrunner from what I recall. I didn't want him, at all, however his later album, 15 I think, was actually pretty good. I just remember him from the Cocaine song at the time, Lit Up.

Josh Todd, Kid Rock, singer from The Cult, Sebastian Bach, Travis Meeks. I remember someone Replied To All on an email chain I was in and opined "Gee, it's like a who's who of out of work washed up singers looking for a band". Or something like that. It was slim pickens for sure. Weiland was alright but I always felt they never quite got that singer that they needed. Not sure who, there just weren't enough available & outta work at that time.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think in his Autobiography Slash implied that he wrote Crazy Bitch too - or at least that the buckcherry hit came from something they jammed with the VR boys.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I wonder if any of the stuff Corey did with them filtered out into the new Stone Sour album?

Maybe...but Cory said he wrote 3 songs from scratch with them and the other 6-7 he just added vocals too. So i dont think the Vr instrumental ones would have.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, remember it well. I didn't expect Izzy to not go thru on it either. I don't recall Cherry Roses, or at least I never took that seriously, thats so cheesy a name.  However Josh Todd was a bit of a frontrunner from what I recall. I didn't want him, at all, however his later album, 15 I think, was actually pretty good. I just remember him from the Cocaine song at the time, Lit Up.

exactly, it was more or less just a shortcut for media smile
I also remember this was the time when bands first started putting video content on the web - I have a pile (low quality though) of videos from that era - Randy Rhoads tribute show, some Slash/Duff/Sorum jams, related Camp Freddy videos, etc. crazy era indeed, especially putting it into context with the parallel GNR 2002 tours - it all went to shit in late 2002, while the ex-guns were pretty active, albeit nobody could even guess what the hell was going on smile and then a bit later, Set Me Free got out (the first moment I heard of it was the promo interview video with all VR members talking about the Hulk movie). and shit got real smile

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Haha, I think I remember something about Set Me Free. It was like background music during an interview or something. Same thing with Money. This was before YT but like a commercial for the movie The Italian Job or something, we heard just a short clip of it but were excited. Funny times back then. Now, if CD2 came out we wouldn't need to even buy it, just listen on YT once or twice.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

(hope this is the vid, my comp is muted atm, so I'm just guessing)

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, that's likely it. It does have SMF. Cool song. Hard to believe that was 15 years ago hmm

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Two of those instrumental tracks ("Clappy" and "Mother Fucker" IIRC) were shared with prospective vocalists when they were looking to replace Weiland.

Board footer