You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: New Tour Dates Added

It's almost certainly nothing but I notice GNR's snapchat vids this morning were of the band rehearsing in Edmonton for the show tonight.

Nothing unusual in that except that Axl was there and singing with them as well, which you don't often see. They also seemed to have muted the sound on the vid. Could be Axl didn't want his soundcheck voice being recorded on snapchat or who knows maybe they were trying out something different?

Just idle speculation on a boring Wednesday afternoon 19

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

What's the gnr snapchat id?

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Guns N Roses

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

A Private Eye wrote:

It's almost certainly nothing but I notice GNR's snapchat vids this morning were of the band rehearsing in Edmonton for the show tonight.

Nothing unusual in that except that Axl was there and singing with them as well, which you don't often see. They also seemed to have muted the sound on the vid. Could be Axl didn't want his soundcheck voice being recorded on snapchat or who knows maybe they were trying out something different?

Just idle speculation on a boring Wednesday afternoon 19

There was some chatter that they were prepping Madagascar, based on a blurry framegrab showing Axl's lyrics monitor. Hope they do – and I hope that if they do, they let Fortus do the solo.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Didn't fortus do the solo in the 2006 performances or was it bumble I forget?

I remember Axl did it on a number of nights with a lot of rasp...was good stuff.

This is controversial but personally I never cared much for the bucket solo - I think the song would have been improved with a Slash blues solo sort of like Yesterdays or something in that place. So i'd like to see Slash play it...although I guess even Slash there these days would do a version of the bucket one like he does with TWAT....but still....

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

what. an. amazing. band.
better than any contemporary rock bard.
green day. metallica. peral jam. phish. taylor swift, bruce springsteen.
fuck. them. all.
gnr is the best.
no one services the fans like they do.
best and mpst prolific band of the 21st century - true innovators and cultural vanguards - no band has more influence on united staez popular culture than the 20 years of touring by wahe ver band of cock swiging pickup musicians axl rose has chosen to call gnr

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Guys Gong finally snapped like the rest of us. 14

And yes, it was old Richard who did the solo in 2006. He got better at it but extended bends like everything every replacement has done has been a far cry from the original player.

Edit: Billy Joel has been rubbing off on Axl. GN'R performs "Wichita Lineman" for the first time. The song was first written by Jimmy Webb and performed by Glenn Campbell in 1968. Webb performed the song on his 1996 album Ten Easy Pieces and later with Joel on his 2010 album Just Across The River.

TL;DR: Webb > Campbell > Webb > Webb/Joel > GNR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhGogr2qbwA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjQOHoSQFv4

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

Fortus was making great solo spots during the Ashba era - remember the James Bond Theme?

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
zombux wrote:

Fortus was making great solo spots during the Ashba era - remember the James Bond Theme?

Can't say I was a fan.

I enjoyed Robin's spots in 2006, Buckethead's the most in 2002.

I'm not much a fan of the practice unless it's to jam out and experiment with new ideas.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I loved Fortus' james bond spot....was the best of all the solo spots to me (well ok slash is always better...)...but I preferred it over Matt/Duff/Robin/Bucket/Bumble /DJ spots in the set....even though I'm a bumble fan.

Board footer