You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

monkeychow wrote:

f2lkis.jpg

The Big Bad Booty Daddy only cares about two things. My Freaks and my LEAKS. Holla if you have them.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

For my taste, I thought most of bumble's additions actually improved the songs - the final mixes were messy on the album from a mixing standpoint - but musically - the CD riff was cooler with additions, his Riad solo was much better than the leak with Robin, I like his IRS outro.

I'd love to hear some unreleased songs with Ron on them.

No offense, but you're smoking crack... bff ruined every aspect of the final versions...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

No offense, but you're smoking crack... bff ruined every aspect of the final versions...

I disagree I think the mix and mastering job is the problem with the final versions.

The actual performances are cool.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

I disagree I think the mix and mastering job is the problem with the final versions.

The album versions of the songs the guitar parts from BBF are just cut and pasted on top of the old tracks.  The 50 guitar layers on every track is over kill as well.

So you think the guitar work on CITR the album version is better than the Brian May version?

Vampiro
 Rep: 0 

Vampiro wrote:

I feel in some places BBF works, and in others the editing is so sloppy it doesnt sound like it fits at all. Also I hate BBF's tone in most tracks, almost has that Steely Dan plugged right into the mixing board feel to it, also has that "gain is a volume knob right??" feel to it as well.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Did somebody say leaks?

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Vampiro wrote:

I feel in some places BBF works, and in others the editing is so sloppy it doesnt sound like it fits at all. Also I hate BBF's tone in most tracks, almost has that Steely Dan plugged right into the mixing board feel to it, also has that "gain is a volume knob right??" feel to it as well.

I think he ruined everything he was on that we can compare to an older cut of the song without him.

His mindless noodle on CD the song, do nothing for me, like I said i prefer the first leak from 2006 with that synth melody instead of his shitty guitar fills.

the thing that is missing the most from CD the song is teh wah wah wah thing BH did at the HOB show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P9qTtiH8uA

at the 1:20 mark and again near the end 2:12

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Vampiro wrote:

I think he ruined everything he was on that we can compare to an older cut of the song without him.

His mindless noodle on CD the song, do nothing for me, like I said i prefer the first leak from 2006 with that synth melody instead of his shitty guitar fills.

the thing that is missing the most from CD the song is teh wah wah wah thing BH did at the HOB show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P9qTtiH8uA

at the 1:20 mark and again near the end 2:12

Chinese, The Blues, and CITR all certainly seemed to have 'lost' something from some of our POV compared to how we experienced the songs at first.

For Chinese, I really enjoyed the distorted riff that comes out of nowhere and then the synth flourish that proceeds the drums.
It came out of nowhere. We got a taste of it during these first shows and also the Boston radio ad.

And then? They did that guitar tease live. Then we had a leak of that minutes-long introduction. The riff starting and stopping.

I missed how the thing started and then kicked in your teeth.

The Blues also lost it's teeth. It was a up tempo radio friendly ballad. Like...Train. Or something else! Then it got slowed way down into mini-November Rain territory. It didn't need to go there. Sure, they never played it as fast as RIR, but it got painfully slower year after year.

And Catcher.... maybe they had to conjure and splice that Brian May solo out of thousands of feet of outtakes, but damn that was melodic and haunting and the synth had room to breathe. Even in that analog recording we got. I could hum and air guitar that solo all day long. I still don't know what BBF is doing on the record version. The song got strangled.

I would very much like to hear more of these.

Someone had a comment about tape being out of date when these were first leaked - not exactly.

The most convenient form of recording sound and taking it somewhere else was still a cassette tape. Unless you had a MiniDisc recorder (remember those?). Ain't nobody had a MP3 player with a line in encoder, and if you did, it sounded like @#$%. Cars still had cassette decks (and CDs!) - and you were happy yours did, because you could connect your iPod with a tape adapter, and that sounded way better than the FM tuner your friend with JUST the CD player had to have.

The first leaks all - whatever the source, strip club CD, record label CD, band insider CDR - were put to some tape and then put back on a computer later. There's too much hiss and analog distortion on IRS 99, Twat 99, CITR, and (IRS?). OR maybe they were put into an analog out and then into an analog in on a MiniDisc. That's the best case. This latest file was definitely digital all the way to us. A good hi-fi system back in the day always had a CD player and a couple of tape decks. Remember that. That would have still been contemporary during the ol' leaks.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

No amount of mixing can save the shacklera or rhiad solos...

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Bumble played the CD solos like Robin played the AFD solos in 2002

Shrill and off key, killing the melody

I wonder what CD 2001 mix sounds like for obvious reasons but also because Zoot specifically mentioned that the synth is dialed back, not much else there which is why Bumble filled the gap like a drunken dentist

Board footer