You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

dalethirsty wrote:

axl was calling bucket up until hours before the first hammerstein show in '06.

it really is a shame that merck's dumbass sabotaged bucket's relationship with the band. if axl and bucket communicated directly, things would have been a whole hell of a lot different.

axl's press release blaming bucket for everything was so disgusting. it makes my stomach hurt every time i read it. axl was so delusional. did he really think that bucket joined the band just to get a record deal?

Axl wrote:

During his tenure with the band Buckethead has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and commitment - despite being under contract - creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence. His transient lifestyle has made it impossible for even his closest friends to have nearly any form of communication with him whatsoever.

projecting much, axl?

Axl wrote:

According to those who have actually spoken with Buckethead it appears his plans were to secure a recording contract with Sanctuary Records which I encouraged my management to make available to him, quit GN'R and to use his involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote his individual efforts...Nice guy!

neutral

Axl wrote:

We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to "discussions" as there are obviously several issues to resolve. In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further

whatever you say, big guy.

i bet bucket was really, really hurt by this press release. he got publicly trashed by a guy he considered a hero.

but whatever -- axl doesn't deserve buckethead.

part of me thinks that bucket is so prolific as a big "fuck you" to axl. while recording his parts on the album, bucket dropped like 6 solo albums. since chinese democracy has been released, bucket's released over 280 (!) original studio records.

crazy shit.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I'm a bit foggy on some of this. So Robin quit before CD was released?  Huh, I remember him on the tours & shows, all hippied out. But yeah Hammerstien was 06, did they have a mini-US tour in 06-07 that he played alot of these shows?  (Fundraising tour lol).

Personally I think 02-03 was the time for it. I guess we're rehashing old topics now & I'm getting off subject. I just think with the VMA's & where the music industry was at the time (rap-rock declining) it was the time for it. And yeah BH was ready to explode & the one Guns needed to come back with. Plus you had VR with Contraband coming out, and CD to compete with it. I agree BBF was ok & a nice guy, great guitarist, but the time had just passed anyway by 08. No mystique in that lineup either, gosh esp with Ashba. They just evolved into a tribute band by that point.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I can't tell you how absolutely heartbreaking the Ron/DJ era of GN'R was for me. On every single level. It was so depressing to see all that promise just fall apart. The band lost it's identity, became a cookie cutter franchise of typical rock bands. Axl came out with the trucker stache and hiding under layers and layers of clothes, hats and jewelry, reverting back to the 02 voice... I can only guess he didn't want to be there.... Again. He was so, so, so close....

And I do firmly believe he was sabotaged by managers who were intent on a reunion.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I can't tell you how absolutely heartbreaking the Ron/DJ era of GN'R was for me. On every single level. It was so depressing to see all that promise just fall apart. The band lost it's identity, became a cookie cutter franchise of typical rock bands. Axl came out with the trucker stache and hiding under layers and layers of clothes, hats and jewelry, reverting back to the 02 voice... I can only guess he didn't want to be there.... Again. He was so, so, so close....

And I do firmly believe he was sabotaged by managers who were intent on a reunion.

Yeah, I remember this board was dead as well. I'd log in & days went by without many posts & the off subject areas were sparse too. Granted they still are to an extent, but it was way worse about 11-14ish. By 2015 I was curious if alot of these boards would begin shutting down, once in a while I'd log on expecting to see some form of announcement, glad we got a bit of a reprieve.

The bad voice was bizarre, that he had control over, but just gave up. To his credit he probably does need to keep up with some serious training/coaching to hit some of these notes on his songs, and once he lapses its just gone.

Remember the video of him signing autographs in a hotel lobby with his brazilian handler (forget her name right now) egging him on to leave. He was decked out exactly like you say, multiple clothes, jewelry etc. That was around when MJ passed & I was wondering if he wasn't all with it either himself.

Interesting point about the managers intent on reunion. While talk has probably always gone on about that, I wonder how far back it went with serious discussions & financial people saying 'The current Guns tours aren't sustainable'. Probably 10x'd his income per show once the reunion signed off.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

axl was calling bucket up until hours before the first hammerstein show in '06.

it really is a shame that merck's dumbass sabotaged bucket's relationship with the band. if axl and bucket communicated directly, things would have been a whole hell of a lot different.

axl's press release blaming bucket for everything was so disgusting. it makes my stomach hurt every time i read it. axl was so delusional. did he really think that bucket joined the band just to get a record deal?

Axl wrote:

During his tenure with the band Buckethead has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and commitment - despite being under contract - creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence. His transient lifestyle has made it impossible for even his closest friends to have nearly any form of communication with him whatsoever.

projecting much, axl?

Axl wrote:

According to those who have actually spoken with Buckethead it appears his plans were to secure a recording contract with Sanctuary Records which I encouraged my management to make available to him, quit GN'R and to use his involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote his individual efforts...Nice guy!

neutral

Axl wrote:

We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to "discussions" as there are obviously several issues to resolve. In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further

whatever you say, big guy.

i bet bucket was really, really hurt by this press release. he got publicly trashed by a guy he considered a hero.

but whatever -- axl doesn't deserve buckethead.

part of me thinks that bucket is so prolific as a big "fuck you" to axl. while recording his parts on the album, bucket dropped like 6 solo albums. since chinese democracy has been released, bucket's released over 280 (!) original studio records.

crazy shit.

Buckethead drifted away because he figured out Axl was never going to release CD, but didn't have the heart to tell him. Merck was sacked because he also tried to force the issue, lightly. Axl doesn't release albums. UYI and CD were not released willingly. Axl does albums but doesn't do album releases. Probably a psychological thing.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Axl turned in the album for release in '99 and they told him to work on it more. I believe it was Iovine. I believe Axl turned in the album before Azoff came on board. I remember Beta posted on HTGTH that Axl had turned the album in and the label wasn't doing anything with it. Azoff was then hired and got the thing released with the Best Buy deal. He definitely doesn't want to be pressured or forced into anything, though.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:

Axl turned in the album for release in '99 and they told him to work on it more. I believe it was Iovine. I believe Axl turned in the album before Azoff came on board. I remember Beta posted on HTGTH that Axl had turned the album in and the label wasn't doing anything with it. Azoff was then hired and got the thing released with the Best Buy deal. He definitely doesn't want to be pressured or forced into anything, though.

I can see why they would want him to work on the album more if the IRS and TWAT 99 is the versions that were turned in.  They still needed work.

The best TWAT is the first version with that longer BH solo.  Everything after that was over kill.

The 99 album would probably have been not as great but the 2002 version would have been the best based on hearing this verison of madagascar.  If they just cleaned that up a bit it would have been perfect (like that sloppy guitar work and adding in fincks guitar work)

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's a myth. You can check with Iovine/Universal, but nothing was turned in for 'release'. The reason all the money was pumped into CD is because they were trying to get Axl to a place where he was happy for release.

misterID

misterID wrote:

If it's a myth Tommy is perpetuating it, as he told the same story. It was the reason RTB was brought in. And I remember Beta saying CD was turned over and the label wasn't doing anything. Azoff came on board and it was released not long after.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

It's a myth. (I think) there was a contractual deadline in 1999 and an album was handed over but Axl was not happy with it. Oh My God was released on a soundtrack, but I am sure it is recorded publicly somewhere that Axl was not happy with it being released.

Wrt Tommy, people close to Axl will only repeat what Axl says and I am sure he will blame the record company for this, that and the other.

I am working off memories of stuff from 10 years ago, but I was in contact with Universal for 2 years and I am sure this is all right

Board footer