You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

misterID wrote:

Perhaps that's why he didn't want to make a release date? This was after the infamous "how many Tuesdays?" There are no excuses, someone should have noticed the fuck ups. But if you turn in an album and the other party refuses to release it, not releasing an album can't all be on Axl.

They deserve criticism, but I'm not going to say it was all 100% on Axl and the label had zero culpability in any fuck ups.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Perhaps that's why he didn't want to make a release date? This was after the infamous "how many Tuesdays?" There are no excuses, someone should have noticed the fuck ups. But if you turn in an album and the other party refuses to release it, not releasing an album can't all be on Axl.

They deserve criticism, but I'm not going to say it was all 100% on Axl and the label had zero culpability in any fuck ups.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I could go back into it but it’s ancient history so who really cares anymore. It’s just opening old wounds and scratching at old scars.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

So CD being mastered in 2000 clearly not true then?

They were still with Sterling Sound and Marino back then, and there is no record of it. Remember in 2005, Marino listed a GN'R project, nothing for 2000 though

If on the slight off chance it was done elsewhere, there would be at least one mention of it somewhere.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:
sp1at wrote:

They were still with Sterling Sound and Marino back then, and there is no record of it. Remember in 2005, Marino listed a GN'R project, nothing for 2000 though

If on the slight off chance it was done elsewhere, there would be at least one mention of it somewhere.

Ahh.

I believe the old canard was that the 2000 Sean Beavan album was mixed, mastered, delivered, and rejected.

It's curious how many people so quickly moved on post-CD. I suppose it's the simple case of the vested interests in generating background noise becoming divested. I'd like to raid some executive's closets.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

September 2006 - North American tour
October 2006 - Andy Wallace mixes done

Gosh, I can't believe I've been following this saga for so long?! (even a year or two prior) It's mind boggling in that they essentially released 1 album and all in all toured 2 or 3 times (06-08, 09-11, Reunion) and I'm on these boards religiously?!

Like wtf. and I'm not even a big fan of the album, haven't listed to it in years. I gotta put it on YT this weekend while I'm cleaning up to revisit it.

CrucialFate
 Rep: 0 

CrucialFate wrote:

I really hate being "that guy" but I've been looking around seemingly everywhere for this Madagascar leak since I read about it last night and can't find shit. Was out of town without internet most of the week and missed the initial leak. Anyone able to help me out?

esoterica

esoterica wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Gosh, I can't believe I've been following this saga for so long?! (even a year or two prior) It's mind boggling in that they essentially released 1 album and all in all toured 2 or 3 times (06-08, 09-11, Reunion) and I'm on these boards religiously?!

It seems like forever and a day.

PaSnow wrote:

Like wtf. and I'm not even a big fan of the album, haven't listed to it in years. I gotta put it on YT this weekend while I'm cleaning up to revisit it.

Imagine loving the album and being obsessed by it. I am cursed.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

please please can the blues be shared this weekend smile

Cowboy Buddha
 Rep: 1 

I hope the blues is like the 2002 live versions.

Board footer