You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AndreCC
 Rep: 0 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

AndreCC wrote:

Madagascar - Sounds like it needed a little bit more work on the guitars, but the mix is clean, and for that alone it's worth listening to it.
This version is 10000 times better than the album version.

I would really like to hear another mix of Oh My God, old or more recent. That is the New GNR song that always fascinated me.

Walker
 Rep: 8 

Walker wrote:

AndreCC sent me dozens of messages on facebook talking shit about Axl, Guns N' Roses, and Chinese Democracy, and saying that he doesn't care about anything else. He also repeatedly called me a liar.

Fuck off, AndreCC. You aren't getting jack or shit from me.

AndreCC
 Rep: 0 

AndreCC wrote:

I understand Why you're mad. I didn't even know if I had been banned here or not, but I did come here because I wanted to apologize. I had talked to another person about doing it, but I didn't know if you we're gonna be receptive to it or not.

Walker, you don't have to send me anything or let me hear anything in the future, I'm not doing this because of songs. I'm doing this because I know when I'm wrong, and this time I was wrong. It's the right thing to do. I just want to apologize to you for doubting that you were legit, and because I was rude to you (as I thought you were trolling me).

As for GNR, it's quite simple, I'll be honest! GNR are no longer my favorite band, however from time to time I see myself exploring it again, then I disconnect again, then I explore it again. It's a love/hate thing. I can't explain it. Sometimes it gets really frustrating, so I may have said some "not so nice things", I know I can be horrible sometimes When I'm venting shit. If I didn't truly like GNR I wouldn't be here.

I want you to know though that I appreciate what you just did for the fans, and I want to sincerely Thank You for that, not for me, but for all those people that I know that were very pleased with your gesture and that have been here for ages looking for this kind of gesture.
I came here just to let you know that. I'm not looking for anything in return.
You also don't have to accept my apology, I  just feel it was fair and it was the right thing to do.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm lost here.

Why is it a problem if Andre said some mean things about the band?

Most people I know who are heavy GNR fans have loved the band since the 1980s.

But who amongst us doesn't feel some frustration at some stage of this journey? One new album since 1995 and it's now 2017. Or the raspy vocals of Ac/Dc verses the voices used in early 2017.

I know that sycophantic praise even at the expense of personal integrity was used by the jarmos of the world to get on staff. But is that now what's needed for us common folk to enjoy music?

Here in reality - many of us find GNR music to be magical and the best band we ever knew, many of the same people find the way the band carries on it's business to be frustrating and self harming.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

I hate Madagascar but I like Madagascar. Typical GNR fans 14

Which one is it. Make up your minds already 14

How can anyone prefer Maddy demo to album version is beyond me.

I mean, it`s cool and everything but it`s not finished, it needed work, it`s disjointed.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

As someone said earlier in the thread. I think there's a bias towards new versions because they are new and different. Like if we'd had the other once since 2008 and the CD version leaked we'd probably be excited about the new parts in that.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

I hate Madagascar but I like Madagascar. Typical GNR fans 14

Which one is it. Make up your minds already 14

How can anyone prefer Maddy demo to album version is beyond me.

I mean, it`s cool and everything but it`s not finished, it needed work, it`s disjointed.

Ill take underfinished than overdone finished any day

Like take the dont cry demo vs the album version.

The dont cry demo blows away the album version.

Ill take the rough cut of coma over the bloated version on UYI any day as well.

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:

I still don't like Madagascar as a whole, but I much prefer the more stripped down, gritty sound of the demo version. It just feels less clustered and muddy to me. Yeah, it still needs work, but I prefer that to having too much work done to it.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
LocoComa wrote:

I still don't like Madagascar as a whole, but I much prefer the more stripped down, gritty sound of the demo version. It just feels less clustered and muddy to me. Yeah, it still needs work, but I prefer that to having too much work done to it.

The best versions of madagascar are the RIR 3 and 2002 live versions.  I still dont love any of the studio versions, Axls shitty vocal track ruins the song.

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
LocoComa wrote:

The best versions of madagascar are the RIR 3 and 2002 live versions.  I still dont love any of the studio versions, Axls shitty vocal track ruins the song.

It's more than just the vocals for me. The music as a whole really just doesn't do it for me. Kinda the same with Breakdown. It feels sorta... bland.

Board footer