You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GNR at The Forum on Sirius XM. Tonight! 10:30ET, 7:30PT!

imsorry wrote:

Enjoy 9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgt6b0e5veU&feature=youtu.be

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Sounds good to me

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

people really think Axl sounded good at this show. damn. He sounded horrible, he cant even sing any more espeically going high.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

yup. Mickey all over. better than earlier this year, and the lower registers sounded really good, but heights were terrible again.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

I think he sounds fine for a 55-year old hellraiser. Don't you guys think you're being a little harsh? Maybe cut him some slack.

Conspiracy time:

Also, it's obvious (to me) Axl suffered from some medical condition between the years of 1994 and 2000 which affected his voice/appearance greatly. That kind of change isn't even remotely normal.

imsorry wrote:

The main problem is his not fit he loses his breath pretty quickly and that is not good for a singer , his sound engineer could use waves vocal rider will make his voice more consistence with less drops and cut in half that gig jesus 4 hours....also this soundboard doesnt sound good that Caram guy already fucked up the sound of CD and still make them sounds bad.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

I think he sounds fine for a 55-year old hellraiser. Don't you guys think you're being a little harsh? Maybe cut him some slack.

Conspiracy time:

Also, it's obvious (to me) Axl suffered from some medical condition between the years of 1994 and 2000 which affected his voice/appearance greatly. That kind of change isn't even remotely normal.

nah, he sounded badass in 2006/7 and still very good in 2009/10. then shit hit the fan and something got wrong in 2011 or so.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I have always preferred studio Axl

On Chinese Democracy hes not even singing...sounds like a phone in performance to me...but to each his own

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

Conspiracy time:

No not harsh at all. There are tons of singers who are in their 50s and still sound good, not terrible like Axl.  Before Chris Cornel died he sounded amazing live, Steven Tyler is almost 70 and sounds way better than Axl. Tyler at Axls age blows Axl way.

Axl has not sounded good since 92 or 93, its because he stopped giving a shit.   People love to claim he was so amazing in 2006, he was spotty at best in 2006, but shows the few times he tried he could sound pretty good.  And even at teh shows people think Axl sounds amazing, its not on every song, its just a handful of songs and teh rest of them he sounds like ass.

Axl had botched botox that is what fucked up his face.  remember this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5eFa6vUr-g

Axl did have some vocal sugeries which hurt his voice but since he never kept his voice in shape, he never got back to where he was.

Adele who is an amazing singing had vocal surgery where they didnt know if she would ever sing again, and she worked her ass off after the sugery, and she is back to top form.

If Axl actualy worked at his voice he could be half way decent.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

I agree with you in regards to him not doing everything it takes, I definitely believe he cuts corners. AC/DC is a testament to that - he rehired his vocal coach and gave 110% at every show. Why? I don't know but I suspect it's because he understood what was at stake and knew he couldn't afford to embarrass himself.

Again I can't tell you or anyone else if he's still employing said coach but I somehow doubt it.

With that said, I stand by my comments on him being very sick at some point. That level of change just doesn't occur normally over such a short span even in the case of botox injections or "not giving a shit".

Look at the mugshot of him in 1998 and then compare that to photos from 2000/01 - it's like a completely different person. Listen to the rerecorded vocals from Live Era or Oh My God and compare those to him performing live between 2001 and 2002 (or the studio performances of the early CD songs).

Something isn't right.

I believe him becoming a recluse and coming to a complete halt in terms of using his voice to sing plays a key role in all this but it's not the whole story.

Board footer