You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Sexual Misconduct becoming epidemic at U.S. Schools

Agreed about the age of teachers nowadays.   I remember my teachers and none of them were close to my age.   I see some teachers now and I can't believe how young they are teaching high school. 

At least in school they'd be monitored all the time, everywhere.   It's a start.  I think sex is always on the mind of pubescent teens no matter what era we are in, hell I remember having a crush on my gym teacher and definitely flirting my ass off, good thing he wasn't a perv.    I think what's changed is the conduct of the teachers.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

The problem is definently younger teachers, and kids being introduced to sex at a much younger age.  It causes a lot of psychological damage to the students as well, all of a sudden once they hit 7th grade they get all this pressure to lose their virginity.  Combine that with teachers who look like they could be high school students themselves, and you have a big problem.  You have students willing to put out for their teachers, whether it be just to say you had sex with a teacher, to lose your virginity, or in some cases to raise your grade. 

And let's face it, a lot of the teachers aren't exactly someone students should look up to as a morally righteous figure anymore.

Jameslofton wrote:

Now anything sexual regardless of how obscene is a google search

you can say that again. 14

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I guess it may just be that I'm in an especially good district, but I don't see stuff like this. One teacher was once fired and liscence was, I think taken away. But that was with a 17 year old, and not a student of his as far as I know. There was no covering up or even a lawsuit.

My school doesn't hand out birth control, they don't have it upon request either. You take a Health course in 8th and 12th grade, but they don't treat us like rabbits.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

A few years after I left high school, my aunt (who works in the school district) told me about my old assistant principal.  He left his wife and two kids for a student who just turned 18 and graduated. I dont know if he still works there, but I"ll have to ask my aunt about it.

Board footer