You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Mitch, they are paying $200,000,000 in bonuses. You act like it is $20,000.

I thought it was $1k per person.

For 200,000 employees.

Alright...if they do this again next year and the year after that...then I'll tip my cap and admit I'm wrong...but the announcement of bonuses the same day as it passes the house and the senate just has the pungent odor of political pandering.

Show me this type of behavior over a course of several years and I'll be convinced.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

http://www.businessinsider.com/papa-joh … eo-2017-12

God forbid anyone criticize a bunch of millionaires who’d be gang bangers if not for the NFL, kneeling because their gang banger friends got shot.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

People should support small business owned pizza shops anyway, not corporations. Their food is like the McDonalds of pizza anyway.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Mitch, they are paying $200,000,000 in bonuses. You act like it is $20,000.

How much of a bonus are Trump Hotels giving their employees? 16

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

People should support small business owned pizza shops anyway, not corporations. Their food is like the McDonalds of pizza anyway.

I don't disagree with you.  But what he said was true.  NFL ratings are down in part, because of the flag bullshit.  He shouldn't have to step down because he wasn't PC.  If he's a shitty CEO and his leadership is leading to a decline, then he should step down.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I don't disagree with you.  But what he said was true.  NFL ratings are down in part, because of the flag bullshit.  He shouldn't have to step down because he wasn't PC.  If he's a shitty CEO and his leadership is leading to a decline, then he should step down.

To be fair though businesses should be uncontroversial imho. Sometimes, a person shouldn't know who the CEO is. Verizon is a good example. No idea who it is, I imagine just a NYC multi millionaire Wall St type, but I couldn't tell you his name or opinions on political leanings (I'd guess pretty right fiscally).

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I want to make this very clear, why I'm not impressed and in fact, pretty pissed off, is that they passed this tax bill KNOWING they can't pay for it, KNOWING it was going to increase the debt. They did it knowing they were going to complain about the debt and using it, purposely, as a reason to cut the social safety net;Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. That's the big plan. Pass a tax cut we didn't need to attack and rape entitlements.

Every single political conversation I've ever had with a conservative always went to the debt and how important that was. What a bunch of liars. They could have easily passed a payroll tax cut.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I want to make this very clear, why I'm not impressed and in fact, pretty pissed off, is that they passed this tax bill KNOWING they can't pay for it, KNOWING it was going to increase the debt. They did it knowing they were going to complain about the debt and using it, purposely, as a reason to cut the social safety net;Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. That's the big plan. Pass a tax cut we didn't need to attack and rape entitlements.

Every single political conversation I've ever had with a conservative always went to the debt and how important that was. What a bunch of liars. They could have easily passed a payroll tax cut.

Give me a minute.  I'm going to go find your post saying the exact same thing when Obamacare was passed. Do you know what page I'll find that on?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Snarky comments aside, there's no way this isn't changed before it expires. That's how these things roll, but it's not as good in the headlines that way.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think so. This is a bigger picture issue. I think Ryans been known to have an idealistic view of drastically less government spending. This is just Step 1. Less money for the government to have. Now, Step 2 is work with what they have, and passing that onto the Democrats. Dems now need to cut spending drastically, or raise taxes. I suppose that's their MO for staying in office, if Dems raise taxes they'll just get voted out. My fear is a skyrocketing debt & spiraling devalue of the dollar.

Board footer