You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

MEXICANS ARE NOT THE FVCKING PROBLEM. JESUS CHRIST!  We have a nation full of the hardest working sons of bitches that aren’t terrorists and are Christians. I would deport 2 lazy Americans for every hardworking Mexican I could get in here. AND WE LOVE THEIR FOOD!!!  Fvck all the Mexican haters.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This guy is married to an American and has kids and has no criminal background. This is not who I would target to deport. Everyone is watching. These types should be only looked at after every drug dealing gang banger is deported first. But no, let’s deport a man whose only crime is being here and TRIED to become legal. Just seems silly. Maybe he can come back soon. Maybe there is more to the story.

I’m sure the overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants are good people just trying to put food on the table. That doesn’t negate that he violated the law coming here. Borders are real and we can’t allow sob stories to let us forget that a law was broken and this man has no right to be here.

It’s like Buzz said the other day. Empathy and sympathy aren’t the same thing. Is this guy a priority, of course not. That doesn’t mean we ignore the court order another 9 years to make his eventual deportation that much more difficult.

These countries are shit holes. That’s why their people risk life and limb to come to America. We can’t let sob stories negate the rule of law. He had his day in court and the judge ruled to deport him.

This is hardly a lawful land....we're constantly changing the rules to appease those who are in power and those who put them in power.

The law is a fluid and changing thing.

Again....all I hear if I listen close and read between the lines is....."I was here first!"

I really don't care what happens to these people anymore. I'm sick to death of arguing over the meaning of the law, and the letter of the law....personally I say fuck the law. It doesn't matter anymore...y'all are gonna do what you wanna do because (conservatives) are in control of the government....so just do it. There is no compromising to be done...the best political move is to allow Trump and his repugnants to get rid of these people. It'll make for great TV. All Republicans have done over the last 8-10 years now is try to change rules...this person can't vote anymore....that person needs this ID...Obama isn't even an American citizen...let's change voting districts...let's accuse people who vote for Democrats as vehicles of voter fraud.

Even after all that you want to talk about the letter of the law...pretend you're rational and talk about the greatness of America while simultaneously picking and choosing who should and shouldn't come...under the false pretense of 'the law.' The president is talking about about 'shitholes' or ' shithouses' or whatever and you're claiming this is about the law. Do you think Norwegians would be put to the same scrutiny as someone from Nigeria. I don't....and if they're not both held to the same standards then you can't claim this is about law anymore. This is about hatred. Always has been.

I just don't buy it....I don't buy what you're selling.

The law has always been enter legally. Democrats tried in 65 and 86 to fix immigration and here we are kicking the can down the road once again. Do you even know how the diversity visa system works?

We’re not taking college educated workers. We’re taking the poor with their 12 kids, cousins, uncles, brothers and step children. More than 50% of our legal immigrants are on welfare.

The system is broken. It needs fixed. Crying racist because you refuse to make an objective and accurate distinction between the average Norwegian and average Nigerian is on you, not me. And no one is saying give a free pass to every person from Norway who wants to come (Hi, Polluxlm). But the average Norwegian is objectively a better economic contributor than the average Haitian or Nigerian. Every college educated Nigerian can apply. They just don’t get to bring 40 relatives with them if Trump gets his way.

Randall Flagg

Smoking Guns wrote:

MEXICANS ARE NOT THE FVCKING PROBLEM. JESUS CHRIST!  We have a nation full of the hardest working sons of bitches that aren’t terrorists and are Christians. I would deport 2 lazy Americans for every hardworking Mexican I could get in here. AND WE LOVE THEIR FOOD!!!  Fvck all the Mexican haters.

Who is talking about Mexicans?

I mean yes, Mexico is a shit hole. I saw Juarez every day for 2 years. It’s the most dangerous country in the world. It has incredible poverty and corruption. If that’s not a shit hole, what is?

But Mexican migrants who have a skill and won’t need welfare for themselves or their children are free to come on in, in my book.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Seriously though, I am typically a republican voter. When I see Tucker, Laura Ingram, be Ann Coulter rage on our Mexican neighbors is rustles me to the Max. I want to seal the border. The people here, issue a tax ID. If they don’t comply with our rules, etc they get deported. I see zero benefit to you or I for deporting this guy.

America loves Mexican Culture. We love the people, the food, the drinks, and Mexican destinations. They are our neighbor. We are so damn lucky to have them as a neighbor vs. Iraq or Afghanistan. Does nobody understand we need a cheap labor pool for our lazy ass society? Makes me so mad.

Again, seal the border. Kick out the bad ones. Make the ones here legal.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Obama increased suffering for momentary feel good stuff. This is what DACA and every other immigration move is about. Kick the can down the road instead of doing what the law says, then cry outrage when someone else enforces the rules.

Trump is the bad guy here, when the child and his relative should have been deported the moment he enrolled in school.

This guy is married to an American and has kids and has no criminal background. This is not who I would target to deport. Everyone is watching. These types should be only looked at after every drug dealing gang banger is deported first. But no, let’s deport a man whose only crime is being here and TRIED to become legal. Just seems silly. Maybe he can come back soon. Maybe there is more to the story.

That doesn’t negate that he violated the law coming here..

He was 10.

Randall Flagg

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He was 10.

So?  There’s not a bylaw that says if you’re brought over before age X the law doesn’t apply to you. If we enforced things like e-verify and birth certificates at schools, that would help. He was told to leave in 2009. He didn’t. Empathy versus sympathy.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I’m sure the overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants are good people just trying to put food on the table. That doesn’t negate that he violated the law coming here. Borders are real and we can’t allow sob stories to let us forget that a law was broken and this man has no right to be here.

It’s like Buzz said the other day. Empathy and sympathy aren’t the same thing. Is this guy a priority, of course not. That doesn’t mean we ignore the court order another 9 years to make his eventual deportation that much more difficult.

These countries are shit holes. That’s why their people risk life and limb to come to America. We can’t let sob stories negate the rule of law. He had his day in court and the judge ruled to deport him.

This is hardly a lawful land....we're constantly changing the rules to appease those who are in power and those who put them in power.

Again....all I hear if I listen close and read between the lines is....."I was here first!"

I really don't care what happens to these people anymore. I'm sick to death of arguing over the meaning of the law, and the letter of the law....personally I say fuck the law. It doesn't matter anymore...y'all are gonna do what you wanna do because (conservatives) are in control of the government....so just do it. There is no compromising to be done...the best political move is to allow Trump and his repugnants to get rid of these people. It'll make for great TV. All Republicans have done over the last 8-10 years now is try to change rules...this person can't vote anymore....that person needs this ID...Obama isn't even an American citizen...let's change voting districts...let's accuse people who vote for Democrats as vehicles of voter fraud.

Even after all that you want to talk about the letter of the law...pretend you're rational and talk about the greatness of America while simultaneously picking and choosing who should and shouldn't come...under the false pretense of 'the law.' The president is talking about about 'shitholes' or ' shithouses' or whatever and you're claiming this is about the law. Do you think Norwegians would be put to the same scrutiny as someone from Nigeria. I don't....and if they're not both held to the same standards then you can't claim this is about law anymore. This is about hatred. Always has been.

The law has always been enter legally. Democrats tried in 65 and 86 to fix immigration and here we are kicking the can down the road once again. Do you even know how the diversity visa system works?

We’re not taking college educated workers. We’re taking the poor with their 12 kids, cousins, uncles, brothers and step children. More than 50% of our legal immigrants are on welfare.

The system is broken. It needs fixed. Crying racist because you refuse to make an objective and accurate distinction between the average Norwegian and average Nigerian is on you, not me. And no one is saying give a free pass to every person from Norway who wants to come (Hi, Polluxlm). But the average Norwegian is objectively a better economic contributor than the average Haitian or Nigerian. Every college educated Nigerian can apply. They just don’t get to bring 40 relatives with them if Trump gets his way.

What it sounds like is the way that you want to fix this problem is by choosing who gets to come here and who doesn't based on a personal bias.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

What it sounds like is the way that you want to fix this problem is by choosing who gets to come here and who doesn't based on a personal bias.

No. Primarily one who has a skill/education and speaks English. That’s about it. We shouldn’t be bringing in people who can’t contribute and need Americans to support them.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

He was 10.

So?  There’s not a bylaw that says if you’re brought over before age X the law doesn’t apply to you. If we enforced things like e-verify and birth certificates at schools, that would help. He was told to leave in 2009. He didn’t. Empathy versus sympathy.

So, you said he violated the law by coming here. He was a minor under the care of an adult. The adult violated the law.

Randall Flagg

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

He was 10.

So, you said he violated the law by coming here. He was a minor under the care of an adult. The adult violated the law.

He violated the law too. And continued to do so until he boarded his plane home.

Board footer