You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Virtual Currency

Anyone play this game?  I'm kicking myself for just using BTC to buy shit on agora when it was $200 a coin.  Some friends have talked me into investing into alternate crypto currencies and I'm investing a few hundred dollars at a time until I delude myself into thinking I understand it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I know a lot of people who made a lot of money. However Bitcoin has lost $400 billion over the last 10 days.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

If anything, it could be worth investing a bit for long term, set it & forget it. Even & especially smaller ones. They have the potential to be a 'World Currency'. However as for short term or daytrading, no one knows anything about it so I'd stay away.

I hear ya tho about kicking yourself. It's up 100x's over last year. I remember a year or two ago hearing about it, and considering it but $30 or $80 or whatever at the time seemed alot for a bit of a non-company. Even just $500, man that'd be $50,000 now. Let alone buying a few years ago. It's a sketchy company though, I think nobody knows who the owner/guy who created it. I'm not sure but I thought I also heard no one knows how many shares he owns.

Imho I'd love to buy Roku stock & a couple Chinese car manufacturers.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

It is too volatile to be a real currency right now. One day worth 18,000 next day 11,000. I mean fuck. The dollar is always one dollar. What one dollar can buy fluctuates a little bit but nothing like bit coin does. This is all speculation.

Randall Flagg

Well, I was more referring to the idea of buying/trading all crypto currency.  There is more than just bitcoin.  There are a bunch of startup currencies hoping to be the next bitcoin.  The idea obviously is to buy when they’re stupid cheap (like ¢11) and sell when it hits a few bucks.  The dollar is always a dollar, but its value is relative to other currencies just like bitcoin.  Bitcoin is the USD of the crypto world.  A bitcoin is always a bitcoin, but how much others value it fluctuates to a much larger margin than the USD.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I'm a big fan of #Gencoin

Randall Flagg

A buddy turned me into vechain. It’s jumped 70 cents a coin since I bought in this morning

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Gotcha. Gencoins a fictional currency on a TV show 'Startup'.  I troll the internet with it to engage others into thinking its real 22

Board footer