You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

I missed the immigration part. What exactly was said about it and Canada?

I didn’t catch a reference to Canada. Just Sullivan pointing out how absurd the visa lottery is on its face and why importing unskilled labor is bad.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Be an adult. The DNC just shot themselves in the foot. This only hurts them in November when every incumbent has attack ads showing they voted to fuck over Americans to help illegals.

I think the thinking is to pivot every Republican against Trumps 'Mexico's going to pay for the wall' comment when 2 years later it's seen as a loss for Republicans that Mexico isn't going to pay for a wall, and Repubs will have to distance themselves from Trump & Trumps stupid comments.

You keep acting like Trump’s oafishness is new or helps the left. He got elected saying retarded shit. Remove Trump from the equation (and you literally have to because he’s not part of congress) and you’re left with a Democratic Party willing to harm Americans for non-citizens. This can’t be overstated enough. Trump runs his mouth. The Democratic Party is shutting down government to help non Anericans who illegally entered at the expense of everyone else. That’s not a vote getter, particularly in PA, Michigan and Wisconsin.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

How long until McConnel ends the filibuster?  I’m against it, but it would truly relegate the Democrats to the back of the bus. Al Green and James Brown along with Pocohontas being the face of the Democrats only helps Republicans.

I don't think it's a 'Filibuster'. They NEED 60 votes, so Republicans HAVE to make some sacrifices to get the 9 extra votes. You just don't demand what you want and make others vote with you. That's not how it works that's not how it ever worked.

A filibuster I believe is when the votes are there, but someone speaks indefinitely on the floor (days) so no vote can ever be taken or the weekend comes etc.

You need 60 votes to end a filibuster. That’s why it’s the magic number. Remove it and you just need 50 + Pence. I’m not advocating for it, but if Democrats don’t budge, the GOP will use it. The fallout for removing the filibuster is far less than the fall out for voting in favor of foreigners over Americans. This is a collossal fuck up for the Dems.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It was when Maher was pointing out how liberals hold Canada up as the gold standard for everything, like healthcare, etc., then he laid out the requirements to immigrate to Canada including being able to speak English or French, must have a job lined up, caps on immigration numbers and no chain migration. Basically, you know, how it should be. Japan is even stricter.

That chick HATED Andrew Sullivan, who is about THE most free minded Conservative you'll hear from, hence how he got the Obama interview. I'd love to see her face when Maher tore into the #MeToo movement, which he supports.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

It was when Maher was pointing out how liberals hold Canada up as the gold standard for everything, like healthcare, etc., then he laid out the requirements to immigrate to Canada including being able to speak English or French, must have a job lined up, caps on immigration numbers and no chain migration. Basically, you know, how it should be. Japan is even stricter.

That chick HATED Andrew Sullivan, who is about THE most free minded Conservative you'll hear from, hence how he got the Obama interview. I'd love to see her face when Maher tore into the #MeToo movement, which he supports.

Was this on OverTime?  I never figured out how to watch that

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

Was this on OverTime?  I never figured out how to watch that

Nah, it was on the broadcast, it was how they got to the whole immigration debate. There should be clips of it. I can't believe you guys missed it.

Randall Flagg

Friday night dude. I was a joint in already.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

It was not just immigrants. CHIP was part of it. The GOP let it expire in October or November, that’s 9 million kids affected. States started running out of CHIP money this week. The GOP used it as a bargaining CHIP.

The GOP allowed health insurance programs for kids to expire so they could use it as a pawn in their plan to get a border wall and more. How about we let that sink in.

CHIP should have never been allowed to expire and the GOP should have put it up for a renewal vote.

They also are holding hostage money for home-visiting programs for new families.

Both of these programs are part of what we advocate for at my new job. I’ve read a ton about both since the fall.

There are other health programs being affected too. More about that there: https://theintercept.com/2018/01/20/chi … -languish/

CHIP had bipartisan support. GOP leaders wouldn’t allow it to be voted on by itself. That’s shameful. Kids we work with on a daily basis will feel it. And I’ll get to see it firsthand.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Just watched it. We all see the truth but the Dems can’t admit it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Board footer