You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: US Politics Thread

metallex78 wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Only in America do you fix the gun problems by adding more guns. Fuel to the fire and all that.
Mark my words, it will only be a matter of time before, A. - A teacher snaps whilst carrying or B. - A crazy manages to get hold of one of them.

Boggles the mind. It's is like you are all from a different planet.

But come on... the rest of the world doesn’t understand how America works. The rest of the world’s solutions apparently don’t work in America...

And if they do ban guns, there will be mass killings by other means, apparently...!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

No offense, but you don't know what you're talking about. Banning guns would create a black market that's more profitable and dangerous than the drug trade. And guess what, you couldn't track ANY gun. Not to mention the rise in militias and federal standoffs. Our countries are not the same and aren't comparable, not in size, population or dynamics.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You think a teacher wants the responsibility of having let alone shooting a gun?

Yes. There are plenty who are trained and capable. You could place veterans as guidance counselors. Not all teachers, but there some who are more than capable.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You think a teacher wants the responsibility of having let alone shooting a gun?

Yes. There are plenty who are trained and capable. You could place veterans as guidance counselors. Not all teachers, but there some who are more than capable.

Oh... my... god...

Yes, there might be some... but obviously there's no correlation between wanting to be an educator and wanting to wield a firearm. Making it a requirement, or in any other way a "plus" that gets you hired for the job of teaching impressionable young kids, will obviously lead to worse teachers on average... obviously... I mean... come on...

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Brett wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/listening-se … 54901.html

So...this was probably pretty predictable...

I think we're going to have a pretty hard time making the distinction between school and prison in the near future.

I don’t understand why putting armed police officers or trained and armed teachers in the class room is so controversial. Either you want practical solutions or you don’t. There’s over 300 million guns out there. They’re not going anywhere.

Get a job you fucking idiot.

You’re so intelligent, Brett. Thanks for coming out from under your bridge. See you again in 6 months. Do you want my autograph mailed or will a jpeg work?

Randall Flagg

TheMole wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Oh... my... god...

Yes, there might be some... but obviously there's no correlation between wanting to be an educator and wanting to wield a firearm. Making it a requirement, or in any other way a "plus" that gets you hired for the job of teaching impressionable young kids, will obviously lead to worse teachers on average... obviously... I mean... come on...

And you know this how?  Victims don’t have a moral high ground. They’re dead.

TheMole

TheMole wrote:
misterID wrote:

No offense, but you don't know what you're talking about. Banning guns would create a black market that's more profitable and dangerous than the drug trade. And guess what, you couldn't track ANY gun. Not to mention the rise in militias and federal standoffs. Our countries are not the same and aren't comparable, not in size, population or dynamics.

What the fuck is so different about the "dynamics"? How does the size of the country impact how you do effective gun control (Australia is almost as big as the US, Canada is bigger)? How does population stop you from reducing the number of deaths by firearm?

TheMole

TheMole wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
TheMole wrote:
misterID wrote:

Oh... my... god...

Tell me how there is a correlation then.

Randall Flagg

TheMole wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
TheMole wrote:

Oh... my... god...

Tell me how there is a correlation then.

I’m not interested in helping you dig yourself out of the hole you built for yourself. You made an absurd claim, for which you have nothing to defend said claim with.

Nearly every school shooting has been stopped by a gun or the threat of the use of one. Ergo, having them available to select faculty who undergo and volunteer for rigorous training mitigates the risk of a full on Sandy Hook.

Hiding in the corner isn’t brave. Nor is crying on camera after a tragedy demanding “do something”.  In America, (cause I don’t know where half of you who swing by every 2-3 months to remind us that Europe or Canada has stupid people as well) we have a right to self-defense. We have a right to own firearms. That’s not going to change and anyone telling you it will is lying and probably thinks 9/11 was an inside job and posted Alex Jones articles, at least on this forum.

That a discussion about possibly allowing some faculty to have a firearm available in the incredibly rare and decreasing frequency of a shooting results in window lickers like Brett appearing to build their post count, shows how irrational people are. And how they’re really not after solutions that can mitigate the risk.

I guess for some, it’s therapeutic to howl like a monkey every time there’s a tragedy and scream “do something”, but when that something is an idea that can actually help, they scream just as loud. I’m starting to think some people aren’t genuine in their beliefs and prefer to bitch because they really don’t want any guns. And that’s not a realistic or possible solution.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:

LOL

EDIT: Sorry, didn’t mean to offend by that comment.

But that very stance, that we don’t know what we’re talking about, is the very reason America will never get past this gun obsession. And it’s sad for the rest of the world to see.

Board footer