You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Unseen footage Pro Shot - Saskatoon, SK, Ca 1993

Gibbo wrote:

,i,,

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

God, Duff looks like shit there. How close was this to his "bottom"?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ Well, I think he was 'rock bottom' for some time, but about a year away from collapsing. He had a spoken word/acoustic on Netflix  that was pretty good. He opens up about his alchoholism & its pretty honest. He just mentions drinking vodka & liquer bottles nonstop, to the point it sounds disgusting. Waking up, getting drunk & fucked up, living life. It's one thing to do this on Spring Break or something, but for days/weeks/years its an addiction. You can tell he had his problems with it, it seems others noticed & tried telling him, but I guess when you're among coke addicts & heroin users, one 'thinks' alcohol isn't a big deal.

You're right though, he does look bad. I think this would've been towards the end of the touring.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Looks like shit but still performing at top level. Total BOSS.  Some folks here prefer the 2002 or 2006 band to this??? Fuck off with that shit. Amazing band!!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah I meant to add Axls rasp in his voice is top notch, considering its the tail end of the tours. Great live performer in his day (still is).

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Looks like it's going to be a great show. Real treat to have something new from 93 too!

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I think anti UYI tour bias comes from the Japan videos. Soooooo uninspired. Should have done the Indiana gig or Chicago.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

bigbri wrote:

God, Duff looks like shit there. How close was this to his "bottom"?

It's amazing how much better Duff looks at 54 years old than he did at 30-31.

auad
 Rep: 3 

auad wrote:

This way it's easy ...
get threads from another forum, and post here ...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Tokyo doesn’t bother as far as the band. It is the audience vantage point. They did a poor job of capturing the energy. Over all I love the shows and on DVD they are much better than VHS. Slash has a monster solo that show. Nightrain ripped.

Board footer