You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck the Chinese era. It is fucking shit. You guys act like it is Led Zeppelin IV or some shit. It is a shit album. Move on.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I just want anything new from GNR really.

But I figure the other chinese stuff was recorded back when his voice was probably stronger...so I like the idea of Slash and Duff adding to those vocals.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

But I figure the other chinese stuff was recorded back when his voice was probably stronger...so I like the idea of Slash and Duff adding to those vocals.

Yes, if Slash and Duff are on it, hell. I don’t want to hear Paul Huge or Bumble.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Walker and his boys want only the songs DJ is on to be released. Never thought I would see the day where we had DJ nutswingers. Lol

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck the Chinese era. It is fucking shit. You guys act like it is Led Zeppelin IV or some shit. It is a shit album. Move on.

I'm not expecting anything that isn't stiff, overproduced, and has a bad mix but I'm willing to throw down $20 for Bucket's solos alone.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Never thought I would see the day where we had DJ nutswingers.

SlasherMcKagan
 Rep: 0 

There won't be anymore of the Chinese eRa stuff released...there's no need, as long as Slash and Duff remain in the band that stuff will never be released...just my opinion...

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

SlasherMcKagan wrote:

There won't be anymore of the Chinese eRa stuff released...there's no need, as long as Slash and Duff remain in the band that stuff will never be released...just my opinion...

We'll almost certainly hear the Chinese leftovers in some form – reworked and re-recorded with the current band as part of a new album.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...given Slash and co are happy to play Prostitute and Sorry and even the title track live....you'd assume there's no political reason why they wouldn't add some guitars to Silkworms and The General and stuff.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Garbage is still garbage though.  Even with Slash it's unlistenable.  I saw 5 live shows and went to the bathroom every single time TIL came on.  The songs outside of TWAT,  Better, and CD minus the hour long intro just aren't good.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Hey Buzz,

How do you rate Axl's voice based on those 5 shows?

Board footer