You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: GNR soundchecks Slither

Shadow sounded great, I thought Slither sounded much better too. Seemed more in to it which would figure if he could actually hear it this time.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Walker wrote:

shitter

Hey, I heard someone somewhere thought about the riff from Jackie Chan, you'd better go and sic the RIAA on their brainwaves. Can't have someone consuming that precious IP without authorisation.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

vipicius wrote:

The part where Axl is using the bass voice sounded pretty cool in this version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71JOYDTafcg

[/embed]
Oh fuck, the mis-singing of the "That's the spot where you run to me" line is just How Axl Sings It. That's going to become as annoying as the "getting the lyrics of the first Civil War chorus wrong every single time" thing.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
vipicius wrote:

The part where Axl is using the bass voice sounded pretty cool in this version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71JOYDTafcg

[/embed]
Oh fuck, the mis-singing of the "That's the spot where you run to me" line is just How Axl Sings It. That's going to become as annoying as the "getting the lyrics of the first Civil War chorus wrong every single time" thing.

Yeah, wtf is that? He’s now purposely singing it that way? Fuckin bizarre...

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

axl

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Gong wrote:

https://twitter.com/Josh2000YT/status/1004665452495294465

[/embed]

Wrong thread bud

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I don't think it sounds that bad. I kinda like the vocal harmonies he added to the chorus, even with the mickey voice.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

i think axl's performance of shadow of your love should dispel the rumors that he re-recorded vocals for the single release.

he had 0 idea how to keep in time during the first verse. he was all over the fuckin' place. clearly one of the first times he's sung it since the 80s.

he didn't sound too bad on it, though. pretty cool performance. hopefully we get a stronger one with better camera work. the band sounds monstrous.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Second attempt t Slither (Denmark) sounds better imho. Axl almost nails a few parts. If he can do a solid live take of this I think his interpretation of it could pull it off.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The second slither was definitely better.

It's more the style I think is a waste, like if he sang it with the venom and aggression type sound he uses on songs like Shadow of Your Love -then it would have been an interesting interpretation - like a GNR version of a VR song.

Like how the old covers - like KOHD etc were really different arrangements to the originals.

But if they're doing it as a straight up cover with a clean voice, when then it will be ok somenights, but thats kinda as good as it's going to get.

Board footer