You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Silkworms - General discussion and Rumors

bigbri wrote:

:vomit:

AndreCC
 Rep: 0 

AndreCC wrote:

I think I got the fanmade then. Can someone send me the real one? or both so I can compare?

rickdunsford
 Rep: 1 

rickdunsford wrote:
undu wrote:
benny wrote:

What's the consensus on these, fanmade or leaks?  I'm terrible at trying to decide when I listen to stuff like this is it's fanmade or not.

What leaked yesterday is a fan remix of the original leaks. It has made mono and compressed a lot. Does anyone have info on the leaker?

I got info

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

man, buckethead is the best. i marked out as soon as i heard the killswitch on the intro to silkworms.

that's a very interesting breakdown. any idea what axl is singing? almost sounds kind of radiohead-like.

some actual lyrics could have made this song a winner. it's a shame axl wasted a monster of an instrumental with such wacky lyrics.

brain is a beast. probably the best part of the song.

bucket's solo on oh my god was really cool to hear. the song EXPLODES after his part. i think i still like the original a bit better, though.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

dalethirsty wrote:

that's a very interesting breakdown. any idea what axl is singing? almost sounds kind of radiohead-like.

The spacey bit with the guitar arpeggio? I got a Pumpkins vibe from that. It's a bit odd, dumped right in the middle of the song - didn't really work live at RIR III, it kind of brought it to a crashing halt. ETA: on the studio version it works a hell of a lot better. And yes, definite Radiohead vibes there too.

some actual lyrics could have made this song a winner. it's a shame axl wasted a monster of an instrumental with such wacky lyrics.

Repeating the first verse's lyrics in the second verse feels a bit placeholder to me - wonder if he had plans to change them up a bit?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

So is that a Buckethead or a Bumblefoot solo on OMG? I can't tell - I'm leaning towards Bucket as there are a couple of his signature licks in there.

Vampiro
 Rep: 0 

Vampiro wrote:

got them, thanks!

and I dig Silkworms, not sure how I feel about Oh My God other than Bucket, I do kinda dig the breakdowns being mostly just bass and drums in this mix. and the middle of Silkworms gives me Smashing Pumpkins vibes for sure.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Could someone kindly pm me please ?

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

man, buckethead is the best. i marked out as soon as i heard the killswitch on the intro to silkworms.

brain is a beast. probably the best part of the song.

bucket's solo on oh my god was really cool to hear. the song EXPLODES after his part. i think i still like the original a bit better, though.

"Oooohh Hoooo, just another love stripped away"

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
evader wrote:

"Oooohh Hoooo, just another love stripped away"

thanks brother 9

your thoughts on this version of the song?

Board footer