You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: What unreleased Guns N' Roses song title intrigues you the most?

apex-twin wrote:

Atlas.

I put my vote down on the Sean Beavan -era. Having said that, anything that could be heard is likely an Axl / Caram production (2002 onwards).

In all likelihood, the Beavan tracks feat. Bucket would kill the latter-day versions. Oh, well.

What unreleased Guns N' Roses song intrigues you the most?

Atlas Shrugged 28%
The General 44%
Seven 0%
Soul Monster (Leave Me Alone) 4%
Jackie Chan (Checkmate) 8%
Berlin (Oklahoma) 0%
Down By The Ocean 8%
Thyme 0%
Zodiac 8%
Quick Song 0%
Ides of March 0%
Total votes: 25
dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

CUBAN SKIES

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

So those leaked email songs were legit?

I thought about including Betas Barn as well because Pitman mentioned it but kind of post-lore yet still canon.

I’m trying to mine the well of theology analogies. Maccabees? Ecclesiastes was on the radical fringe. Hmm. Bueller? Bueller?

Look out for my next post: Chinese Democracy Exegesis 101.

Vampiro
 Rep: 0 

Vampiro wrote:

Down By The Ocean for me, I love Axl and Izzy together and this seems right up my alley. Curious when this song was written too, as I remember reading rumor at the time that Axl and Izzy demo'd some stuff in 06/07 when Izzy was on tour with Guns.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

In all likelihood, the Beavan tracks feat. Bucket would kill the latter-day versions. Oh, well.

If only for vocals that resemble human.

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:

I really don't think the real working title of the song is Jackie Chan. IMO, that was Axl joking title.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I thought about including Betas Barn as well because Pitman mentioned it but kind of post-lore yet still canon.

msl's silence is deafening. the only explanation is he was paid off to shut his mouth because the info was legit.

beta's barn had to be a rib or an inside joke. no way that was a real tune. then again, this is the band that came up with "silkworms."

the other supposed songs for cd 2:

Atlas Shrugged
Cuban Skies
Goin' Down
Jackie Chan (pka Checkmate)
Light My Fire
Monstrosity
Silk Worms
Soul Monster (pka Leave Me Alone)
The General
Thyme
Tonto

there's also "daddy can the devil do mommy and me?" which was probably just a joke from axl. hell of a title, though.

i wonder the rumored dj & axl song was called...

In latest Sweden Rock magazine, Bach reveals that Axl was to sing on his latest album "Kicking and screaming", but had to cancel it in the last minute. Axl texted Bach and asked "When is the latest possibility to come over and do the vocals". The day came and went but Axl couldnt make it. No hard feelings from Bach though, who also heard a new song that DJ and Axl had written together - it was dark and heavy and very cool - Bach then told the reporter (jokingly?) "If Axls not going to release I want to release it with my band!, its so damn good!"

Voodoochild wrote:

I really don't think the real working title of the song is Jackie Chan. IMO, that was Axl joking title.

i bet it has some other title, but i do believe it's the song written by old guns that was worked on for the jackie chan soundtrack.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

there's also "daddy can the devil do mommy and me?" which was probably just a joke from axl. hell of a title, though.

Nah, there's a scene in End of Days where the Devil (Gabriel Byrne) seduces a mother and daughter in front of her husband.

It's pretty dark.

dalethirsty wrote:
Voodoochild wrote:

i bet it has some other title, but i do believe it's the song written by old guns that was worked on for the jackie chan soundtrack.

Same. There's literally no other reason for it not to be on CD.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

"Duff: We're in [the studio], writing new songs...
Stern: And Axl's into it?
Duff: Yeah, totally. And, actually, today I was going to have to fly back right after this. We were going to start recording for this Jackie Chan movie, the next one." (Duff, Howard Stern Show, 07/25/96)

Wonder which film, exactly. The next one could be one of three, including Rush Hour (1998).

Guess it's one of those "seeds of songs", those three songs Axl wanted Slash to play on.

But yeah, it was created during those late summer '96 jams in The Complex, with Paul Tobias.

AndreCC
 Rep: 0 

AndreCC wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

msl's silence is deafening. the only explanation is he was paid off to shut his mouth because the info was legit.

beta's barn had to be a rib or an inside joke. no way that was a real tune. then again, this is the band that came up with "silkworms."

the other supposed songs for cd 2:

Atlas Shrugged
Cuban Skies
Goin' Down
Jackie Chan (pka Checkmate)
Light My Fire
Monstrosity
Silk Worms
Soul Monster (pka Leave Me Alone)
The General
Thyme
Tonto

i wonder the rumored dj & axl song was called...

In latest Sweden Rock magazine, Bach reveals that Axl was to sing on his latest album "Kicking and screaming", but had to cancel it in the last minute. Axl texted Bach and asked "When is the latest possibility to come over and do the vocals". The day came and went but Axl couldnt make it. No hard feelings from Bach though, who also heard a new song that DJ and Axl had written together - it was dark and heavy and very cool - Bach then told the reporter (jokingly?) "If Axls not going to release I want to release it with my band!, its so damn good!"

Voodoochild wrote:

Out of the unknown songs by then, We got Going Down, so we know it's legit.
Some of the other titles we had already seen it somewhere as well. (Atlas, General, Thyme, Silkworms (which we got as well), etc...)

So the information is definitely legit.

Board footer