You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

Voodoochild wrote:

At least back in 2000/2001 he still believed in building up something new. He trully thought it could be done and was willing to try it.

The sad thing is how the mindgames reflect Axl's hoard behavior. Why on earth would you sit on this HOB dvd for 17 years? I get the very nature of trading stuff, but this is fucked up.

Lomax wrote:

But is it any good? It’s a 17 year old show with a band that don’t exist anymore.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

The unreleased video for I Don't Care about you is out. Links are on MyGnR.

Just cobbled together live stuff from the 20 seconds or so I've seen. The player loads poorly.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Are we not allowed to post the link here? Not exactly a leak if it is up on the web?

I can't get it to load anyhow.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I heard that "I Don't Care" had been posted on YT but one of the mods at MyGNR submitted a copyright request to have it pulled. If true, that means the guy basically pulled it from one site to post it on his own.

Unbelievable. Well, maybe not so unbelievable.

Lomax, run a search on YT for "Welcome to the Jungle," sorting by upload date. That footage from the January 1, 2001, HOB show is posted there.

At this point, you're right. For those of us obsessed fans, it's really interesting but for the general public it's not. Even though this version is greatly reduced in quality (from a 1.4GB full show, whereas the original VHS tape transfer ran 10GB), it would appear that the cameras used were not top notch. They were video cameras of some kind, not actual film, and nowhere near the quality of today's hi-def. Furthermore, the camerawork is sloppy.

The best thing about it is the editing. Shots linger on each guy, none of the fast cuts you see so often nowadays, so you can actually, for example, watch closeups of Buckethead playing several bars of music at a time. THAT makes it a gem for all of us, but again, the general public thinks of Slash as the guitarist of GNR.

With footage of the reunited band readily available and the "Appetite for Democracy" home video having been gorgeously filmed to represent the new/old GNR lineup, I can't see this getting a proper, official release nowadays unless it is part of a Chinese Democracy box set. Which it SHOULD be, along with the re-recorded Appetite, just to clear Axl's cupboards of old material. But it's hard to imagine it being sold - or selling to many people - on its own in 2018.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

I heard that "I Don't Care" had been posted on YT but one of the mods at MyGNR submitted a copyright request to have it pulled. If true, that means the guy basically pulled it from one site to post it on his own.

do you have some more "proofs" on this saying? because I don't think this is true, instead our dear friend BloJo hunted the link down... only to realize other hundred of reuploads pop up every day instead of that one.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I’ve seen the I Don’t Care clip, it’s black and white footage from the 1993 shows, spliced together to look like that’s what they’re performing.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Unbelievable. Well, maybe not so unbelievable.

Lomax, run a search on YT for "Welcome to the Jungle," sorting by upload date. That footage from the January 1, 2001, HOB show is posted there.

At this point, you're right. For those of us obsessed fans, it's really interesting but for the general public it's not. Even though this version is greatly reduced in quality (from a 1.4GB full show, whereas the original VHS tape transfer ran 10GB), it would appear that the cameras used were not top notch. They were video cameras of some kind, not actual film, and nowhere near the quality of today's hi-def. Furthermore, the camerawork is sloppy.

The best thing about it is the editing. Shots linger on each guy, none of the fast cuts you see so often nowadays, so you can actually, for example, watch closeups of Buckethead playing several bars of music at a time. THAT makes it a gem for all of us, but again, the general public thinks of Slash as the guitarist of GNR.

With footage of the reunited band readily available and the "Appetite for Democracy" home video having been gorgeously filmed to represent the new/old GNR lineup, I can't see this getting a proper, official release nowadays unless it is part of a Chinese Democracy box set. Which it SHOULD be, along with the re-recorded Appetite, just to clear Axl's cupboards of old material. But it's hard to imagine it being sold - or selling to many people - on its own in 2018.

Well, I hate to break it to you, but Slash IS the guitarist of GN’R. Bucket is good, but let’s not kid ourselves into thinking he defined the GN’R guitar sound.

Also, the AFD re-recording? That too should be kept locked away, for the pointless exercise that it was.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
zombux wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

do you have some more "proofs" on this saying? because I don't think this is true, instead our dear friend BloJo hunted the link down... only to realize other hundred of reuploads pop up every day instead of that one.

I read it here. Again, as I said, "If true ..." At this point it's easy to feel paranoid.

http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/ … sed-video/

metallex78, I agree that the original five defined the GNR sound, but to see Bucket on stage with GNR in professionally shot footage it a real treat. My point about Slash was actually your point, just stated differently: He's who the public thinks of (and wants) as the guitarist of GNR. As such, footage of Bucket in that role is primarily of interest to hardcore fans, not the public at large.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

I read it here. Again, as I said, "If true ..." At this point it's easy to feel paranoid.

http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/ … sed-video/

nothing about a mygnr staff reporting stuff there smile

Board footer