You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

But not tariffs right? The faster the better.

Tariffs not a factor yet. Interest rate more immediate impact.

They’ve effected th stock market

Of the 12 biggest banks, only one said Tarrifs, the rest discussed rate hikes. Europe and China keeping rates low. We are the only ones raising.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Of the 12 biggest banks, only one said Tarrifs, the rest discussed rate hikes. Europe and China keeping rates low. We are the only ones raising.

Wasn’t that the big criticism of Obama’s economy? The interest rates inflating his economy?

Now the same people criticizing Obamacare think rates shouldn’t be raised?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Neemo wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Tariffs will be a huge factor if not sorted out...u guys are gonna beg to be able to buy foreign again

We’re operating on pure impulses now, Neemo. Long term effects are no longer  considered...just the next 20 minutes.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Wasn’t that the big criticism of Obama’s economy? The interest rates inflating his economy?

Now the same people criticizing Obamacare think rates shouldn’t be raised?

We are fine with rate increases but they IMO are coming too fucking fast. And they hurt businesses trying to grow etc. let the rates ride for a big. They increasing every few months without the prior rate getting a chance. Raising rates too fast can trigger a recession.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

How stupid is this? Enact tariffs that hurt Americans, then spend billions to bail out the Americans that your tariffs damaged.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

How stupid is this? Enact tariffs that hurt Americans, then spend billions to bail out the Americans that your tariffs damaged.

[/embed]

Soooo fucking stupid

He also said today that Russia is interfering on behalf of democrats for the 2018 midterms.

When are people going to get sick of this nonsense?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am a home builder. The tariffs on lumber are killing me. The other countries are keeping their cost of money low while we are raising ours which is compounding our pain here. Again, I agree with Trump, back off the hikes.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I am a home builder. The tariffs on lumber are killing me. The other countries are keeping their cost of money low while we are raising ours which is compounding our pain here. Again, I agree with Trump, back off the hikes.

Interest rate hikes?  Well then you agree with Obama 22

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Interest rate hikes?  Well then you agree with Obama 22

Yea i already told him that...he seemed to brush it off. The rationale is a real head scratcher...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Tariffs are a great idea until you do it.

Board footer