You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

A bit OT, but does anyone else feel Amazon has a PR problem?

They just seem to me like they're becoming an evil company, replacing Walmart. No faces, no taxes, just profit, greed & robots. I was never a heavy user but trying to wane off them & use Target, Kohls, & Ross etc over ordering online.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

A bit OT, but does anyone else feel Amazon has a PR problem?

They just seem to me like they're becoming an evil company, replacing Walmart. No faces, no taxes, just profit, greed & robots. I was never a heavy user but trying to wane off them & use Target, Kohls, & Ross etc over ordering online.

I agree, though don’t make a distinction between Amazon and other big box retailers. I think Silicon Valley as a whole has been overlooked because most peoooe don’t have a clue how IT works and how data mining occurs. I see the term misused all the time.

Bezos wants to get political, but ignore how his company is at the forefront of brick and mortar stores going under. I use the shit out of Amazon, and love it. But the criticisms of them abusing the post office and that they consistently pay zero federal taxes is a worthwhile discussion. It’s just sad to see idiots like AOC get involved, because they’re so glaringly ignorant of the topic, they discredit valid arguments against monoliths.

People will bitch, but the convenience of Amazon is going to keep 95% of people from doing anything. I can get the same prices if not better shopping on amazon during Black Friday, and never have to leave my house.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree on Amazon and Bill Maher made a good point too about how they pitted big cities against each other instead of going to a city in say, Nebraska that needs jobs etc. NYC? Lol.

Randall Flagg

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree on Amazon and Bill Maher made a good point too about how they pitted big cities against each other instead of going to a city in say, Nebraska that needs jobs etc. NYC? Lol.

I don’t think it was ever up in the air where they’d go. NYC is the financial capital of the world, and DC is DC. If you’re interested in lobbying and influencing policy, where else would you go.

It’s just a shame all these smaller cities bent over backwards to suck Amazon’s dick with enticements, and it was never really a competition.

Good for Nashville, but that city has been booming for a couple decades.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I am just praying for PaSnow and BigBri that we’re crying last December saying their 401 was destroyed etc. Lol everything is pretty much back to where it was, LIKE I SAID IT WOULD BE.

I hardly said my 401k was destroyed. I do recall saying I expecting the market to go down, partially due to standard market boom & bust cycles of 7ish years (Yeah, 5 of those years were under O). I still expect them to go down over the course of this year, or a smaller recession to begin by the 2020 campaigns.

Destroyed? I didn’t expect to lose money for an entire year. I don’t think most people did considering we had close to a decade of growth that suddenly stopped.

Randall Flagg

bigbri wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I am just praying for PaSnow and BigBri that we’re crying last December saying their 401 was destroyed etc. Lol everything is pretty much back to where it was, LIKE I SAID IT WOULD BE.

I hardly said my 401k was destroyed. I do recall saying I expecting the market to go down, partially due to standard market boom & bust cycles of 7ish years (Yeah, 5 of those years were under O). I still expect them to go down over the course of this year, or a smaller recession to begin by the 2020 campaigns.

Destroyed? I didn’t expect to lose money for an entire year. I don’t think most people did considering we had close to a decade of growth that suddenly stopped.

Yea, I lost about 7% in mine for the year.  Doesn't make sense to me, but I have repeatedly stated finances aren't my strong suit.  Too many games and imaginary gambits involved.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I will say this, its getting big again. Tomorrow could be a monster news day.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:

If all Cohen has is more info on paying off women, not only do I not care, I don't believe the DoJ would prosecute it as a crime.  Congress can feel free to level articles of impeachment.  But the standard set under Clinton makes this a no brainer. 

I feel people forget how sleazy his impeachment was.  Not only did he lie to the American people on TV, and under oath - which got him disbarred like Cohen was today, he slammed Lewinski as a crazy stalker.  Both he and his wife did this.  They gaslit her.  If she didn't keep the cum covered dress, nothing would have happened. 

Trump paying off two women who were attempting to blackmail him as a candidate, whom had been payed to be silent, and broke that silence, doesn't equate to gaslighting a woman and lying under oath.  And I don't think Clinton should have been impeached for it.  So anyone pushing the notion Trump paying off Stormy is impeachable, I call bullshit.

I don't think Cohen is going to have anything related to Mueller's investigation, and anything he says needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt.  He lacks any credibility. 

I have a hunch when the Mueller report drops any day now, certain people will continue to call for investigations regardless on if the mandate of Mueller's mandate exonerates Trump.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Only things I can think of that could make the Stormy thing worthy is if the $$ was taken from the Trump charity, and moved to Cohen then Stormy. Using money from a tax free charitable acct is highly unethical and anti American, and worthy of impeachment.

The other thing would be if there were more, many more. Like dozens of payoffs.

Other than that I donr think much can get Trump into legal/impeachment trouble excepr for things he says Trump said. Really tho Im curious to hear about other subject matter. I think Trumps done alot. Of illegal things, and Cohen knows about them. Also the Moscow tower, and possible DNC leaks payoff.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

If all Cohen has is more info on paying off women, not only do I not care, I don't believe the DoJ would prosecute it as a crime.  Congress can feel free to level articles of impeachment.  But the standard set under Clinton makes this a no brainer. 

I feel people forget how sleazy his impeachment was.  Not only did he lie to the American people on TV, and under oath - which got him disbarred like Cohen was today, he slammed Lewinski as a crazy stalker.  Both he and his wife did this.  They gaslit her.  If she didn't keep the cum covered dress, nothing would have happened. 

Trump paying off two women who were attempting to blackmail him as a candidate, whom had been payed to be silent, and broke that silence, doesn't equate to gaslighting a woman and lying under oath.  And I don't think Clinton should have been impeached for it.  So anyone pushing the notion Trump paying off Stormy is impeachable, I call bullshit.

I don't think Cohen is going to have anything related to Mueller's investigation, and anything he says needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt.  He lacks any credibility. 

I have a hunch when the Mueller report drops any day now, certain people will continue to call for investigations regardless on if the mandate of Mueller's mandate exonerates Trump.

You decided he was exonerated in December 2016....why should i be surprised if no matter what comes out that you’ll maintain this stance?

Board footer