You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Today wasn't a good day for Trump. Cohen cell phone records released, unlikely to hold his tax returns private, and bizarre angry press conference where he's obviously lying and wants soo badly to move on from this.

He's guilty.

I'm wondering if something happens Friday (day before a 3 day holiday weekend. You know, the type of news dump day Barr predictably chose to say he thinks Trump should be not charged)

I’m curious if trumps behavior is pure emotional or he’s actually got a strategy.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Today wasn't a good day for Trump. Cohen cell phone records released, unlikely to hold his tax returns private, and bizarre angry press conference where he's obviously lying and wants soo badly to move on from this.

He's guilty.

I'm wondering if something happens Friday (day before a 3 day holiday weekend. You know, the type of news dump day Barr predictably chose to say he thinks Trump should be not charged)

It wasnt, but does it matter at this point? He's had a thousand bad days where I've heard "the walls are closing in" "the noose is tightening" and  "this could be the end!" and all you get is a fart. I don't think it matters to the vast amount of folks, tbh. He can't be impeached and if they try they'll make him look like a victim.  If they walk into 2020 with nothing passed except a failed impeachment, he wins.

I can't believe what an awful candidate Kamala Harris is.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

He's guilty.

It wasnt, but does it matter at this point? He's had a thousand bad days where I've heard "the walls are closing in" "the noose is tightening" and  "this could be the end!" and all you get is a fart. I don't think it matters to the vast amount of folks, tbh. He can't be impeached and if they try they'll make him look like a victim.  If they walk into 2020 with nothing passed except a failed impeachment, he wins.

I can't believe what an awful candidate Kamala Harris is.

Well he came out today and said he’s not willing to work on anything...whatever i guess.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

He's guilty.

I’m curious if trumps behavior is pure emotional or he’s actually got a strategy.

I think deflect, deny, and move on is their strategy, and part of what Barr was brought in to do. I think the press conferences are just Trumps ego stepping in & pure loose cannon. I think the Tweets are him tioo, but some issues get so big he needs to speak not tweet.

Mr ID has a point likely it won't matter (yet). I think too much is there tho, plus the words still out on what the SDNY cases are about, and the possible Russian ties in his tax returns. Dems would be foolish to give up, as much as it looks like they're being sore losers right now.

misterID

misterID wrote:

They have to. Had they followed Pelosi's lead they would have come off a lot better, but they really boxed her into the corner in the last three days, and she capitulated to the crazies. Now, with whatever juvenile stupidity he blubbered through today, he called her on the cover up stuff. People expect Trump to be a child, democrats ran on being adults. He can frame this as they're obstructing with the investigations, I mean it's getting to the point where it looks like harassment, when it was supposed to have ended with the Mueller report. The media isn't helping with their pro impeachment coverage.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

They have to. Had they followed Pelosi's lead they would have come off a lot better, but they really boxed her into the corner in the last three days, and she capitulated to the crazies. Now, with whatever juvenile stupidity he blubbered through today, he called her on the cover up stuff. People expect Trump to be a child, democrats ran on being adults. He can frame this as they're obstructing with the investigations, I mean it's getting to the point where it looks like harassment, when it was supposed to have ended with the Mueller report. The media isn't helping with their pro impeachment coverage.

Why is it harrasment now but it wasn’t harrasment to Hillary or Bill?

The republicans have followed through on their threats.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

ID is so reasonable. I respect that. Who gives a flying fuck about Russia, beat trump in 2020... trump is going to win again because of how the Dems are acting. Trust me, he is winning again. Sleepy Joe won’t beat him. Bernie won’t beat him. Kamala won’t beat him. Only if Oprah runs will Trump lose.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

ID is so reasonable. I respect that. Who gives a flying fuck about Russia, beat trump in 2020... trump is going to win again because of how the Dems are acting. Trust me, he is winning again. Sleepy Joe won’t beat him. Bernie won’t beat him. Kamala won’t beat him. Only if Oprah runs will Trump lose.

Lol ID is reasonable? What are you buttering him up for?

If trump wins again it’ll be because the Dems suck. Trump is beyond retarded

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Lol ID is reasonable? What are you buttering him up for?

If trump wins again it’ll be because the Dems suck. Trump is beyond retarded

Agree

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Why is it harrasment now but it wasn’t harrasment to Hillary or Bill?

The republicans have followed through on their threats.

It was harassment. The only difference was that several people were killed in Benghazi. And dems are literally going back on their words and own positions when THEY claimed this kind of thing was harassment.

Board footer