You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Everyone says Kamala won, but I am getting sick of analyzing everything Biden did from the 70’s and applying to 2019. That is pretty unfair IMO.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, tbh tho Biden seems to be slipping a bit anyway, showing signs of his age. And we're still another year & half from election day. It wont get any better, add in 4 years of Presidency. My dads 80ish now and there was a massive leap from 70-80, way more distinguishable than 60-70. I actually push my Mom to have him drive less, he's pretty stubborn about it.

Yeah, Kamala is like a prosecutor, but that may wear thin over time. If itry comes down to her & Warren, how will that play out. Do ppl want to see someone throwing accusations at someo r who spent a large part of her life fighting for the commoner. Lets say Deblasio hangs in there for a bit, does she face off against him next? Klobuchar?  Oddly it would likely work well against Trump, in fact she might gain alot of traction with ppl wanting her to be the one to face Trump, I just think she needs to cool it down a bit against others. She did knock old Joe outta there  Im not sure how classy she did it tho, but myb took one for the team. Whats lost in this tho was Joe was a great VP.

Mayor Pete, I dunno. He comes off a bit fake & I do think hes walking away from his town to try this race out. Ill agree he seems courteous to other runners and hasnt taken any cheap shots i dont think

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yang was screwed!!

That was very shrewd, but she is a prosecutor. When her record as a prosecutor and truancy prosecutions comes up she's going to tank.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Not that my opinion matters, but the way the media and left is treating Biden is abhorrent. He came out in favor of Gay Marriage before Saint Obama ( and many argue it was the catalyst that forced Obama’s hand - can’t have your VP be more progressive than you), did more for civil rights than any other yahoo in the race, and actually has legislative accomplishments and decades of proven leadership. Not a single other candidate has this, to include DeBlasio. I guess the DNC really wants 4 more years of Trump. At this rate they’ll be lucky to hold onto the house.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I dont get it, free college, free healthcare, and open borders for Central Americans. I mean, sorry, but how will this be paid for without drastically reforming our economy?

How do they backtrack during the election to attract moderates?  Trying to acquire Bernie Sanders thunder os one thing, trying to win the Presidential election is another. I think Liz Warren may go a bit of a centrists route, adding an ACA like tax that even illegals would need to pay to be on 'free' healthcare. I saw an article that Tulsi Gabbard or Klobuchar need to make waves and campaign as more of a centrist.

I saw something interesting on Chris Wallace FNS, remember in 2009 a congressman (disrespectedly) shouted out to Obama "You lie"?  He said that was about Obama saying his healthcare plan would NOT illegals. Now, here we are, 10 years later, and almost all Dems are supporting healthcare for illegals

Dems shouldve gone moderate thiz primary, instead they're going rad left. We'll see how it plays out.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

I dont get it, free college, free healthcare, and open borders for Central Americans. I mean, sorry, but how will this be paid for without drastically reforming our economy?

How do they backtrack during the election to attract moderates?  Trying to acquire Bernie Sanders thunder os one thing, trying to win the Presidential election is another. I think Liz Warren may go a bit of a centrists route, adding an ACA like tax that even illegals would need to pay to be on 'free' healthcare. I saw an article that Tulsi Gabbard or Klobuchar need to make waves and campaign as more of a centrist.

I saw something interesting on Chris Wallace FNS, remember in 2009 a congressman (disrespectedly) shouted out to Obama "You lie"?  He said that was about Obama saying his healthcare plan would NOT illegals. Now, here we are, 10 years later, and almost all Dems are supporting healthcare for illegals

Dems shouldve gone moderate thiz primary, instead they're going rad left. We'll see how it plays out.

Good post. Glad to see this coming from you.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Warren wants reparations for gays, also. I don't see her going centrist now. Harris said she didn't understand the questions when she raised her hand so she's already backtracking. If someone would say, "I believe in a public option, an E verify system, and give a pathway to citizenship in exchange for boarder security and closing the loopholes that allow illegals to exploit the system that would go a long way.

Decriminalization of illegal boarder crossing is telling everyone on the planet to just cross illegally and you get free healthcare and welfare. Castro was confronted by a woman who's identity was stolen, her credit fucked, which is the #1 crime illegals commit, and said, "well, crime happens." What a dick.

misterID

misterID wrote:
PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I dunno, I just forsee a big reshuffling in the next few years. I mean, I have leftist friends who support these radical left thoughts, and Im just like, 'Thats a little too far for me".  One even chastised an article about the absudity of that author who was onstage. Apparently some Republicans are (supposedly) giving to her campaign to keep her in it. Anyway this person wrote on fb how they better watch it and that she brought up some good points.

Some good points?  Thats the criteria for President nowadays, bring up some good points.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Not that my opinion matters, but the way the media and left is treating Biden is abhorrent. He came out in favor of Gay Marriage before Saint Obama ( and many argue it was the catalyst that forced Obama’s hand - can’t have your VP be more progressive than you), did more for civil rights than any other yahoo in the race, and actually has legislative accomplishments and decades of proven leadership. Not a single other candidate has this, to include DeBlasio. I guess the DNC really wants 4 more years of Trump. At this rate they’ll be lucky to hold onto the house.

Biden has been working positively on some of these issues longer than some of his fellow candidates have been alive. He got caught off guard, sure, but now he’s being turned on. I don’t get it.

I’m old enough to remember the Biden of the ‘80s who routinely worked with those he disagreed with to get things done. I guess we can’t do that anymore.

Board footer