You are not logged in. Please register or login.

stinkfist
 Rep: 2 

Re: Atlas Full Song Discussion

stinkfist wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's a crazy little song and nothing like Catcher. Someone mentioned Yesterdays, and yeah, I can hear that in places. I think it's like really funny, but Hardschool and this... They Were made for Duff and Slash. I'd love to see what they could do with it.

Anyone expecting something epic will be disappointed.

Im kind of happy, but on the other side, Im disappointed, I heard so so much about that song, I was waiting for a song on the same level as Estranged (blowing your mind type) and it's not but I like it so far. Anyway, probably not finished so we will see

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

atlashrugs wrote:

I can't believe it! We FINALLY have full Atlas Shrugged. What a HISTORIC MOMENT in Guns HISTORY! I can DIE HAPPY LOL

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

I'm not sure whether or not I like it.  It's kind of catchy but a little weird. It's not as experimental as stuff like Rhiad and it has a classic guns feel to it.

I think it might grow on me if I listened to it more.

The more I listen to it the more I like it. It's pretty unconventional, but still classic guns. These two last songs would have been a perfect follow up to UYI back in 95. And I'll bet that's where they were first conceived. There's a grungy, Janes Addiction feel to them. And I can't help but think HS is about Izzy.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
stinkfist wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's a crazy little song and nothing like Catcher. Someone mentioned Yesterdays, and yeah, I can hear that in places. I think it's like really funny, but Hardschool and this... They Were made for Duff and Slash. I'd love to see what they could do with it.

Anyone expecting something epic will be disappointed.

Im kind of happy, but on the other side, Im disappointed, I heard so so much about that song, I was waiting for a song on the same level as Estranged (blowing your mind type) and it's not but I like it so far. Anyway, probably not finished so we will see

Whoever the guy was (Tom Z?) who compared it to November Rain meets 70s glam era Bowie was full of shit, and probably entirely based on that four second intro. That's enough to get anyone's hopes sky high. This is a smooth little diddy with the weirdness of the Garden-meets-Yesterdays with a little Jane Says and Mad Season vibe to it.

I think you'll appreciate it more as you listen and take it for what it is.

Samwise
 Rep: 0 

Samwise wrote:

How can I hear this? PM please anyone?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

PM for me too please

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

atlashrugs wrote:

this is a dream come true. Atlas Shrugged! after all these years guys

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:

Anyone able to send this my way please? Cheers

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I like it better than Hardschool in that Axl hasn’t got Cher-like vocal effects going on. It’s just him singing with rasp in bits.

This sounds similar in vein to Catcher to me, I can hear a Jane’s Addiction and even Mad Season influences, like others have mentioned too

Sky Dog wrote:

Hook a brother up? Pretty please. axl

Board footer