You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Classic Rock just through my door...

buzzsaw wrote:

I get that there are 2 sides of the story, but these quotes are pretty damning of Axl - not in a mean way, but in what they are really saying.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Release the album with a limited amount of dates playing the whole Chinese Democracy album. Then get the fuckin boys back together and rip a new one into the current state of rock n roll.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

What were Izzy/Gilby and Adler/Sorum doing back in that time when a re-union may have almost happened? Around BH's departure what were they doing? Could give us a guess into who'd have been in that re-union.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Good thinking, CC.

Steven was just finishing a South American tour with Adler's Appetite mk. II. Don't know what Gilby (or Izzy) was doing, but based on that, I'd suspect we would've gotten the UYI lineup.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

One thing that strikes me :

Whenever there are problems, there is Matt Sorum.

Seems like the guy can't keep his mouth shut, being for the right reasons or the wrong ones, but is Matt's presence really in people's best interests ?

I mean, Weiland's departure untied his tongue and who do we find again ? Matt.

I know there are other problems, more important ones, but he seems to add fuel to the fires, doesn't he ?

Should there be a reunion, will Matt have tape over the mouth ?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

haha.. karma...but one question? do they make tape that big? 16

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Neemo wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

haha.. karma...but one question? do they make tape that big? 16

Someone would make big money inventing it just for that sole purpose:peace:

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
sic. wrote:

A reunion for at least for some one-off shows was likely in the cards in late '05, when Universal was prepping the release of Welcome to the Jungle: The Very Best of GNR, a dualdisc release with a greatly improved track listing over GH. Slash commented on the situation via Ross Halfin, quite possibly to use the fanbase as a bargaining chip on Axl. Halfin even let the cat out of the bag by mentioning the original lineup should be appearing at the '06 Download festival. Slash was all smiles by then, saying that Axl was  genius, CD should be great, etc. Somehow, Axl got pissed again and released his statement on Slash's visit to his house in early '06, which effectively killed the mood. But it was a Weiland situation, no question. VR were spinning their wheels and Slash & Duff got interested on the possibility of joining forces with Axl.

The interesting thins is that Slash went to Axl's house to announce that he had dropped the law suit. After that came Axl's infamous, two-version, manipulative press release. Maybe Axl used the reunion talks only to get Slash drop the lawsuit. After it happened, he not only nixed the reunion, but also attacked Slash on his ...well, I'll use the expression..disgusting way. Well, that's only a theory. 19

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Nice catch, Jessica. Matt's an a-hole, so it doesn't surprise me he's in the middle of all these problems, adding fuel to the fire. He's probably the type of guy who loves, attention/drama/confrontation. He's definitley not a member of GNR, as far as I'm concerned. It's Steven or Brain for me. Steven was the original, Brain the latest and best. Matt's also a fill-in like Brian but not nearly as good and light-years less likable.

Board footer