You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: New Album Thread

ClaudeF wrote:

It's gotten to the point where I have no expectations of new music from these guys. Coming off of one of the most profitable tours of the past decade, they have no financial incentive to knock themselves out in the studio.

And I think we now understand why Slash got a divorce when he did.

If they do release another record, or even a song, it'll be a happy day for all of us. But at this point, I'm only hoping for additional ChiDem outtakes.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

But Slash did say they are recording, right?

Sky Dog wrote:

more important question is what has Axl said about recording a new album? Answer: NOTHING. axl

Cerulean wind
 Rep: -6 

I really doubt we gonna get new music... but seeing Hard School on the alternate setlist makes me wonder if a new session recording has really happened in 2017 or so.

Either way, we have to content ourselves with this 19 rough mixes CD's from 2001.

____

These are the only 21 songs listed for an hypotetical CD 2 release:

1 - OH MY GOD (Already released... in 1999!!! BBF made some overdubs)

2 - SILKWORMS (Final mix played in a club in 2010; BBF made some overdubs)

3 - THE GENERAL (Final mix played in a club in 2010; BBF made some overdubs)

4 - ATLAS SHRUGGED (Only real known outtake from the official "Chinese Democracy" in 2008; BBF made some overdubs)

The following songs were referenced by Axl or other members/hoarders. Unsure if new tweaks were made on these tracks:

5 - HARD SCHOOL (First snippet leaked in 06; Beavan version leaked in full in 19. Possible re recording with Slash. Alternate setlist track.)

6 - PERHAPS (Unknown until 2019; Beavan version leaked. Unknown if this song was out of the A list.)

7 - THYME (Marco Beltrami has made an arrangement on this in late 02 after RTB has left. Unsure if this song have lyrics. It has a first part called "P. R. L.". )

8 - EYE ON YOU (Unknown until 2019; Beavan version leaked. Maybe incomplete. Unknown if this song has receive new overdubs through the years.)

9 - ZODIAC 13 (Referenced by Rose himself and Bach. Instrumental version from Beavan and RTB with Mantia on drums leaked in full in 2019. New version with vocals recorded after 2002.)

10 - STATE OF GRACE (Unknown song until its leak in 2019. It has vocals. Unsure if new overdubs have been made on this.)

11 - BERLIN (Instrumental version from Beavan sessions has leaked in 19. It has vocals; alternate song in RIR 2001 under its old name "Oklahoma".)

12 - SOUL MONSTER (Instrumental version from Beavan sessions has leaked in 19. It has vocals. Marco Beltrami has made arrangements on this.)

13 - QUICK SONG (Several instrumentals and "vocal" versions leaked in 19. One "vocal" version came from the Beavan sessions. It has vocals.)

14 - GOING DOWN (Tommy Stinson song. BBF made some overdubs on this.)

15 - NOTHING (Axl version with "vocals" has leaked in 19. Beavan version).

The following songs were not leaked (even in its instrumental form) or were not highly rated:

16 - SEVEN (Confirmed by Mantia and Axl. Marco Beltrami has made arrangements on this).

17 -  IDES OF MARCH (Confirmed by Mantia and Axl.)

18 - TONTO (Confirmed by MSL. Instrumental version produced by Beavan leaked in 19.)

19 - LIGHT MY FIRE (Confirmed by MSL.)

20 -  CUBAN SKIES (Confirmed by MSL.)

21 - MONSTROSITY (Confirmed by MSL. Tommy Stinson song??)

We can expect more songs...

What if GNR is making a double album ala UYI?! They already have +21 songs.

Maybe, even, we can confirm Hard School would be on this new release.

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:
Cerulean wind wrote:

I really doubt we gonna get new music... but seeing Hard School on the alternate setlist makes me wonder if a new session recording has really happened in 2017 or so.

Either way, we have to content ourselves with this 19 rough mixes CD's from 2001.

____

These are the only 21 songs listed for an hypotetical CD 2 release:

1 - OH MY GOD (Already released... in 1999!!! BBF made some overdubs)

2 - SILKWORMS (Final mix played in a club in 2010; BBF made some overdubs)

3 - THE GENERAL (Final mix played in a club in 2010; BBF made some overdubs)

4 - ATLAS SHRUGGED (Only real known outtake from the official "Chinese Democracy" in 2008; BBF made some overdubs)

The following songs were referenced by Axl or other members/hoarders. Unsure if new tweaks were made on these tracks:

5 - HARD SCHOOL (First snippet leaked in 06; Beavan version leaked in full in 19. Possible re recording with Slash. Alternate setlist track.)

6 - PERHAPS (Unknown until 2019; Beavan version leaked. Unknown if this song was out of the A list.)

7 - THYME (Marco Beltrami has made an arrangement on this in late 02 after RTB has left. Unsure if this song have lyrics. It has a first part called "P. R. L.". )

8 - EYE ON YOU (Unknown until 2019; Beavan version leaked. Maybe incomplete. Unknown if this song has receive new overdubs through the years.)

9 - ZODIAC 13 (Referenced by Rose himself and Bach. Instrumental version from Beavan and RTB with Mantia on drums leaked in full in 2019. New version with vocals recorded after 2002.)

10 - STATE OF GRACE (Unknown song until its leak in 2019. It has vocals. Unsure if new overdubs have been made on this.)

11 - BERLIN (Instrumental version from Beavan sessions has leaked in 19. It has vocals; alternate song in RIR 2001 under its old name "Oklahoma".)

12 - SOUL MONSTER (Instrumental version from Beavan sessions has leaked in 19. It has vocals. Marco Beltrami has made arrangements on this.)

13 - QUICK SONG (Several instrumentals and "vocal" versions leaked in 19. One "vocal" version came from the Beavan sessions. It has vocals.)

14 - GOING DOWN (Tommy Stinson song. BBF made some overdubs on this.)

15 - NOTHING (Axl version with "vocals" has leaked in 19. Beavan version).

The following songs were not leaked (even in its instrumental form) or were not highly rated:

16 - SEVEN (Confirmed by Mantia and Axl. Marco Beltrami has made arrangements on this).

17 -  IDES OF MARCH (Confirmed by Mantia and Axl.)

18 - TONTO (Confirmed by MSL. Instrumental version produced by Beavan leaked in 19.)

19 - LIGHT MY FIRE (Confirmed by MSL.)

20 -  CUBAN SKIES (Confirmed by MSL.)

21 - MONSTROSITY (Confirmed by MSL. Tommy Stinson song??)

We can expect more songs...

What if GNR is making a double album ala UYI?! They already have +21 songs.

Maybe, even, we can confirm Hard School would be on this new release.

nice list atlas but yeah they have some 5 star songs that could make the new album. i also think that a reworked OMG could make it cause it was on the alt set list. and i hope that there will be 14 songs on it and 7 will be from the cd sessions or post cd sessions and the other 7 will be original material. just hoping that axl has got off his butt and went to the studio

Sky Dog wrote:

I am more worried about Slash and Duff starting another round of solo projects. You know the kind Tommy and Robin and Richard and Dizzy and Bumble and Buckethead and DJ all did while the money machine sat in the warehouse waiting for the next harvest. Yep, just another day in the world of Guns N Roses post Use Your Illusion. axl92

Declan94

Declan94 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I am more worried about Slash and Duff starting another round of solo projects. You know the kind Tommy and Robin and Richard and Dizzy and Bumble and Buckethead and DJ all did while the money machine sat in the warehouse waiting for the next harvest. Yep, just another day in the world of Guns N Roses post Use Your Illusion. axl92

i am sick of slash and duff's solo albums they better put their best work in years in to this album cause i am not getting hyped waiting for an official statement from gnr saying they are working on a new album then it turns out slash announces another boring album with myles "boring" kennedy. i'm sure that there will be an official statement before march 29th regarding the future of the band

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I don't keep up with side projects, but Slash's management said they are expecting an album and tour cycle with GN'R next year, then he'll return to his solo material. Alter Bridge have just released a new album, and will be spending next year doing live dates, so that keeps Myles busy

Duff has a live date in January, but it is in Hollywood, and it is an all star event of some kind,  and not a solo date.

I also am aware of one other possible live GN'R Summer date, but I am trying to find something online to back that up

Declan94

Declan94 wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I don't keep up with side projects, but Slash's management said they are expecting an album and tour cycle with GN'R next year, then he'll return to his solo material. Alter Bridge have just released a new album, and will be spending next year doing live dates, so that keeps Myles busy

Duff has a live date in January, but it is in Hollywood, and it is an all star event of some kind,  and not a solo date.

I also am aware of one other possible live GN'R Summer date, but I am trying to find something online to back that up

it would be quite funny if axl announced a solo album lol

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

My thought would be they will give us some best of release with a few new songs first to help support another tour.

Board footer