You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: Will new music be released in 2020?

Scabbie wrote:

Agreed. Slash seems to have it down to a tee with his solo albums so I have no idea why he’s struggling. I agree with Otto - how do they take the material and raise it to ‘classic gnr standard’ is probably the issue.

Will new music be released in 2020?

Yes, Q1 26%
Yes, Q2 7%
Yes, Q3 2%
Yes, Q4 12%
No 52%
Total votes: 42
Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:

Can I change my vote to no new music in 2020

Kinglaoi
 Rep: 0 

Kinglaoi wrote:

#metoo tortilla_man

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I’ll give you guys a heads up from that Slash interview - Slash isn’t the problem.

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I’ll give you guys a heads up from that Slash interview - Slash isn’t the problem.

Yup, Slash releases albums all the time, its only when you add a fat red head to mix that things suddenly become difficult

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

bit of a nothing comment from Slash really. Non-committal but I still think we get something soonish ...

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

No he's not - but I expect a higher standard from Slash for any GN'R related recording. He has never remotely captured his playing as well as he did on Guns' albums imo - so I'm glad Axl has the quality control oversight in that regard... But in saying that - a balance between Slash's 'work quickly 'ethic and Axl's tortoise like pace would be the ideal

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

bit of a nothing comment from Slash really. Non-committal but I still think we get something soonish ...

He could also just be trying to throw us off...
Let’s not forget, he denied the GN’R reunion rumours just weeks before it was announced.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:
Tortilla_Man wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Yup, Slash releases albums all the time, its only when you add a fat red head to mix that things suddenly become difficult

Hardly any of Slash’s work outside Guns would make it on a GNR album. To me it’s more about how good a GNR album should be than a Axl problem. If Slash and Duff wrote AFD every year and Axl just had to sing it would be easy.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Tortilla_Man wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

It's more "when you add the weight of expectations that accompany the first new GN'R album with key original members back in the line-up since 1994". Slash can plop out solo albums with impunity because there's not a great deal riding on it. With Guns N' Roses, they get one shot at this. And a lot of interested parties will be weighing in; record company suits who want their name attached to this, etc etc. Everyone will have a different opinion on how they should do it. Surprise-drop an album like Eminem? Random individual songs plopped out ad hoc as they record them, like Ariana Grande or Lana Del Rey? Traditional single-then-album release like Ozzy?

Board footer