You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Covid 19

buzzsaw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Night buzz 14

buzzsaw wrote:

Lol...the quarantine accomplished nothing...what's so hard to understand about that?

Quick reminder - the discussion was about Italy, which had quarantined people for weeks and he 2/3 of them tested positive anyway.  Context...it matters.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I notice nobody taking on the Stanford guy who happens to agree with me.  Carry on with your irrational personal attacks.

AtariLegend wrote:

Slash-holic please stick to the us politics thread.

Your silly baiting and pretending you're going to beat people up is embrassing.

This is supposed to be a serious thread about a world wide event that killed over a 100,000 people in the first quarter of the year. Some of us have family members in danger atm.

Keep the conspiracy theories in the other thread or create a new one.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

This is supposed to be a serious thread about a world wide event that killed over a 100,000 people in the first quarter of the year. Some of us have family members in danger atm.

Thank you.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Sweden is going to see a spike I'm sure...the question isn't where they end up in 2 days or a week; it's where they end up when it's over.  Remember...if we "flattened the curve" we also dragged this out longer.

This makes no sense. We flattened the curve because of isolation.  It seems only Dr. Buzz, Facebook post PHD, disagrees.

Omg are you fucking dumb.  Go away mitch...adults are talking.

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I know you're not talking about science, but I am.  You're taking something completely unrelated and trying to equate it to this.  There is no condom equivalent here...not even a mask.  Science is easy after the fact, but not so easy or clear when things are actually happening.

You're talking out of your ass like some others here assuming that just because I can see that the science doesn't back the reaction that I'm reckless and think we should just sit there and do nothing.  I invite you to post anywhere that I said it.  I'll be waiting...for a while.

You're not talking sience, but your poorly formed opinion. I gave you examples and you ignored them. New Orleans, even California vs New York. South Korea and Italy. Businesses were shutting down before they were told to, like I pointed out. The economy was going to crash no matter what. There are states who never even issued stay at home orders, the private sector did it on its own. If there was no isolation there would have been more sick, the spread would have been worse, I've seen no one dispute how contagious this thing is, which would have hurt businesses even worse and for far longer... Like New Orleans.

But you keep acting like your made up opinion is right and everything else is anecdotal. Then you get mad and childish when people disagree, per usual. Like I said, go out. Have fun if it's no big deal. Put your theory to the test.

So you have no point?   You're being a mitch level twat here ignoring what I said and taking things that have nothing to do with what I said as counter points.  Step back with mitch...you can't handle science buddy.

This is exactly how I saw this devolving. 16

I'm glad social distancing is working, guys. My home town in Florida has been ravaged by people not listening and I've heard this is NOT like the flu. Seeing those mass graves in New York is like looking back in time. Scary shit.

By the stock market, it looks like they're anticipating a pretty quick recovery (worst unemployment in history, on top of one of the best days in the stock market!). And the businesses who shut down on their own, based on their own studies, made the right choice. If things keep heading the way they are, thanks to staying home, it shouldn't be too much longer. Still worried about everything we don't know about this virus yet.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Some in here need to chill out and stop being so aggro when people disagree with them. Can have different opinions without resorting to just hurling insults at people and can debate without trying to run the other person down as you do it.

Also, for those citing "science" for everything just keep in mind that "science" isn't definitive. One learned person's take may differ wildly from the other - that's normal.

I see folk not just here but in the news now wondering if lockdowns are an overreaction. I also, see them still comparing death rates with he flu or other "influenza like" diseases. The key issue is, and always has been, health care and death management capacity. Most countries don't really have much extra headroom and this disease is leading to an additional spike in deaths on top of all those that normally occur.

For those citing the health of the economy: I can't imagine it would do that great if a brand new virus tore through the populations of the developed world rapidly with much more massive spikes in hospitalisations all over the place. Seems like the choice is fuck the economy and save lives or fuck the economy and lose more lives.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Sorry son, facts matter.  I will keep giving them and idiots will keep getting mad that I do.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Again...I see nobody attacking my points when backed by a Stanford expert.  Come on guys...if I am just making shit up, have at it.  I have plenty of time on my hands to continue to prove my points...

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Also, for those citing "science" for everything just keep in mind that "science" isn't definitive. One learned person's take may differ wildly from the other - that's normal.

Someone is starting to understand things, this is good! 

Also for those not paying attention, context matters, not 15 second snippets on the news that leave out the part where they are admitting they don't know much about this STILL!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I dunno why every thread needs to be an argument, if anything this stupid disease whould bring us together as humans to try and help each other

I know that americans like to go their own way and freedom and all that cowboy shit, but folks, stay the fuck inside til this shit is under control...over half a million infected from one of the most powerful nations on the planet...

I beleieve that we have a conspiracy theory thread around here somewhere for folks who think this is manmade purposefully delivered or for those who think 5G towers are to blame

For my part im working remotely in the building consultant feild trying to keep as much economy alive as i can

This isnt a joke, people are dying all over the damn world, wake up

Board footer