You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Covid 19

Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Unless you're prepared to tell the expert from Stanford that he doesn't know what he's talking about, I suggest you stop hurling passive aggressive insults at me...I won't be passive aggressive in return.

How old is this article?

A- it is a bit late for what ifs and if we coulda done this or that
B- its been weeks since the cruise ship deaths
C- i beleiev COVID-19 death rates have surpassed seasonal influenza
D- the health ststems are overrun...this shit changes daily...if u read yesterdays news then u are out of the loop bucko
E- corporations dont shut down biz and govts dont offer free loans for the hell of it...the stock market is fucked, biz are going bankrupt  the economy is shuttig down

Maybe ur stanford dude should do an update post

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

https://youtu.be/YgXcTiHkwE4

Watch this timelaspe of covid-19 cases in America...its the most recent one by this youtube channel for the usa and its 2 weeks old...but u can see how quickly america has been infected

Edit 4500 cases on march 17th...over 100k cases on March 28....as of today there are nearly 560k cases ... thats an insane growth rate

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I don’t understand what he wants...it’s not about the virus anymore...and if he thinks we’re all going to change our tune because of some arm chair quarterbacking, he’s sadly mistaken.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

https://youtu.be/YgXcTiHkwE4

Watch this timelaspe of covid-19 cases in America...its the most recent one by this youtube channel for the usa and its 2 weeks old...but u can see how quickly america has been infected

Edit 4500 cases on march 17th...over 100k cases on March 28....as of today there are nearly 560k cases ... thats an insane growth rate

How many of those are in NY?  This is exactly what the problem is...people run off with snippets of information without understanding any context. 

Infected doesn't matter.  There are WAY more people that that infected.  Yet here we are talking about a still 1-2% death rate on the people that we know are infected (meaning those sick enough to get tested - and you have to be pretty sick to get tested).  Millions of infected people will never even be tested.  Millions.  Because they are fine.  As long as those people stay away from the at-risk crowd, people stop dying.  How do you do that?  Quarantine the at-risk, not quarantine everybody.

Keep the at-risk quarantined.  Have those responsible for the at-risk quarantined.  This is really basic stuff...not remotely complicated.  The at risk stay healthy, the rest of us are fine and far less die than will die from the flu. 

Hospitals across the country are laying off staff.  Let that sink in for a bit.  Middle of a crisis and hospitals are letting staff go.  Why?  Because the crisis isn't really a crisis and they are losing money because elective surgeries have been cancelled.  Is anyone here capable of thinking beyond a news snippet?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

That Stanford expert is one voice of thousands. Turn on any channel and everyone is saying isolation is working.

Oh and the herd immunity. If you stepped out of that bubble you live in you would know the British tried the herd option. It didn't go to well.

You do not go for herd immunity immediately, it is something that needs to be brought in gradually to avoid pressure on the health systems.

Don't know why I'm even engaging with you, you are a complete fraud and bully to match.

California says "suck it" to your little world.  Herd immunity credited for their numbers...but hey, that doesn't fit your little narrative, does it?

And if you think the Stanford guy is alone, it's you that needs to stop being a bubble boy.  There's a whole world that doesn't solely rely on biased sources for their information.

Keep trying...but you better hurry.  The numbers keep skewing more and more to my side, so the cliff you're clinging to is slipping away.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Dude ... case numbers have increased 100fold in 2 months ... think about it...unchecked this shit threathens to decimate the world population

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Buzz, chill out. You can disagree with the approach that the majority of first world countries are taking to this and express that without doing it in such an aggro way all the time.

Major countries don't typically decide to go for the mother of all recessions (or possibly depressions) over half baked hoaxes. When faced with what information was available at the time AND factoring in all the known unknowns (and considering the potential for unknown unknowns) most countries made a decision to lock shit down. Time will tell if it was the right decision.

To be honest I am deeply worried about the havoc this virus wrecks in countries and communities that aren't capable of responding the way ours have - and then even more worried about the affect that will have long term globally.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Dude ... case numbers have increased 100fold in 2 months ... think about it...unchecked this shit threathens to decimate the world population

What numbers are you looking at?  PROTECT THE AT RISK.  Anyone infected beyond that doesn't matter because less of them are dying than from the flu.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Buzz, chill out. You can disagree with the approach that the majority of first world countries are taking to this and express that without doing it in such an aggro way all the time.

Major countries don't typically decide to go for the mother of all recessions (or possibly depressions) over half baked hoaxes. When faced with what information was available at the time AND factoring in all the known unknowns (and considering the potential for unknown unknowns) most countries made a decision to lock shit down. Time will tell if it was the right decision.

To be honest I am deeply worried about the havoc this virus wrecks in countries and communities that aren't capable of responding the way ours have - and then even more worried about the affect that will have long term globally.

Who is struggling with it?  Countries (and cities) with people piled on top of each other and old/at-risk people.  Everywhere else there's chaos for no reason...chaos fed by politicians and the media.  Again, how many healthy people are dying? .1% (and that's being generous)?  The herd immunity is going to do more to protect us than anything they've done now and California is sitting there as a prime example.

I haven't seen how Sweden is doing?  Any update (serious question...don't care enough to look)?  I'm predicting a spike in deaths soon because the math says that will happen...what happens after that will tell a lot.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

What numbers are you looking at?  PROTECT THE AT RISK.  Anyone infected beyond that doesn't matter because less of them are dying than from the flu.

I don’t dismiss this idea out of hand because I’m incredibly concerned about not just my job but those of all my family members, but here’s a big problem with it. The at-risk groups:

46% of Americans have hypertension
42% of Americans are obese
15% of Americans are 65+
8% of Americans are 55 to 64
8% of Americans have asthma
6% of Americans have heart disease
10% of Americans have diabetes

We’re not a healthy country, unfortunately. I realize some of those groups overlap, but there’s not a lot of folks left after the at-risks are kept at home.

Board footer