You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Covid 19

PaSnow wrote:

Take some vitamin C & drink OJ. Tea could help too.

It is possible you have something else. I'm not trying to say you're mental but maybe its a placebo thing, or it's general allergies due to a warmer winter, things didn't die off like they should. I was pretty panicky with things the first week or so. I have a newer cat who gives me allergies now & then, and I don't know if it was the change of temperature & her coat, or what but I had some breathing problems for a few days and was nervous & self isolated hard. I had something similar around Thanksgiving tho, and when I'd gotten her in the autumn, so I kinda felt it was from cat dander not Covid, but its pretty scary. Also scary tho is people with breathing trouble seem to be at risk, so if I'd come down with it it could've gotten pretty bad. Like you I never had a fever, runny nose a little. One night I did goto bed & think 'This might be it. Tomorrow might be awful.' But when I woke up I paused, and felt not great, but no worse than the day before. It lasted about 3 or 4 days but again I'd had that around Thanksgiving, not a flu, just straight up allergy. Never had cat or pet issues before but this one gives it to me. Thanks Spooky!

Anyway, I wish you well. You very well may have it. Consider yourself fortunate if you're ok. Maybe its a bit of a blessing you might be ok & not worry till next wintertime once you feel better, but really you can never be too cautious or confident with this.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Yamcha wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

This comes a bit late 14

So...

I have it, I think.

It's been a weird week. I have symptoms but not the typical ones such as fever. I called a GP before Easter. They didn't diagnose it, they said I must have something 'viral', though. They told me to keep myself hydrated and take paracetamol. I tried self medicating with Vicks to clear my lungs  and I felt it was making me feel worse so I stopped straight away. I stopped coughing after a couple days  but now the cough is returning and I am not sure what it means. Am I getting better or not? Everything feels so unfamiliar.

Food has no taste whatsoever. It's been about 7 days now. I can feel pepper and salt, as well as sweet things but the taste is gone. My sense of smell has disappeared too.
I am starting to have enough. During the first few days, I had to force myself to eat because I didn't feel hungry anymore.

I am very lucky to be still here after over a week of symptoms.  So many people end up very poorly, so many people die... I wish I could tell why I never got this high temperature described in articles I have been reading. It seems so unfair, somehow. Why do some people have to suffer so much because of this virus? My thoughts are going to all the NHS staff who died in the past few days. RIP Donna, Melissa, Janice, Becca, Thomas... It is not a joke. I wish I had taken this thing more seriously.

For starters, I hope you don't really have it and if you do, I hope you're one of the many to have a very mild case and completely recover.

The numbers don't back your concerns about dying (though I get feeling that way while you're going through it).  Out of 100 cases bad enough to get tested, 2 people die.  IF you're not older or have underlying health conditions, there's a good chance you'll be fine.  Most people that get severe cases seem to get the really bad symptoms days 5-7 (according to an article I read).  The only thing that gives me some pause is not knowing if there's additional concerns for healthcare workers if they are exposed either for a longer time or multiple separate times.  I don't know that there's enough data for a conclusion there.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Yamcha wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

This comes a bit late 14

So...

I have it, I think.

It's been a weird week. I have symptoms but not the typical ones such as fever. I called a GP before Easter. They didn't diagnose it, they said I must have something 'viral', though. They told me to keep myself hydrated and take paracetamol. I tried self medicating with Vicks to clear my lungs  and I felt it was making me feel worse so I stopped straight away. I stopped coughing after a couple days  but now the cough is returning and I am not sure what it means. Am I getting better or not? Everything feels so unfamiliar.

Food has no taste whatsoever. It's been about 7 days now. I can feel pepper and salt, as well as sweet things but the taste is gone. My sense of smell has disappeared too.
I am starting to have enough. During the first few days, I had to force myself to eat because I didn't feel hungry anymore.

I am very lucky to be still here after over a week of symptoms.  So many people end up very poorly, so many people die... I wish I could tell why I never got this high temperature described in articles I have been reading. It seems so unfair, somehow. Why do some people have to suffer so much because of this virus? My thoughts are going to all the NHS staff who died in the past few days. RIP Donna, Melissa, Janice, Becca, Thomas... It is not a joke. I wish I had taken this thing more seriously.

Symptoms aren't the same for everyone, but the taste thing and up and down coughing definitely sounds like you have it. Also the Vicks making it worse. So does ibuprofen, I hear. My thoughts are with you, man!

All you can do is basically ride it out. From what I understand, if you make it past the first few days and can still breathe, you should be okay. This is a funky virus and you're gonna feel like crap a lot longer than you do with the flu.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, I think the worst period tends to be 4-5 days, but it can be upwards of 10-12.  If you're starting to level off or feel better, hopefully you'd be in the clear.  Be sure to avoid close contact with others as best you can for as long as you can.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yamcha stay hydrated get lots of rest...take acetaminophen if u have some, i play playstation online with a couple people from UK who had similar symptoms as u...they were down for a few days but managed to recover thinking of u man, u will get thru!

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

Thanks Neemo and everyone.

And just to clarify, I am a chick (prolly the only one who posts here) not a man. 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

LOL!

Thought this was a total sausage fest.

Anyway, take care of yourself, girl.

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:
misterID wrote:

LOL!

Thought this was a total sausage fest.

Anyway, take care of yourself, girl.

Thank you, ID

And I thought my avatar was girly enough.... 14

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Hope you come through it asap Yamcha. Good levels of Vitamin D seem to be linked to better/faster recoveries so if you can get some Vit D supplement tablets and some sunshine it wouldn't be the worst thing.

Looking at the numbers of deaths in the US now I just don't see how China expects the world to believe they kept it to 3000 deaths. Sure they can impose a lockdown more severely than the west would accept but even so. Will be interesting to see what happens in India given their large population although they did move to lockdown the country very early.

With that said there's some interesting data I think from the US that by far the most critically ill demographic from this are of Latin American descent? Don't have a link so happy to be corrected. Meanwhile Spain and Italy have been the worst affected in Europe so far. Yet most east Asian countries at least have quite low death tolls so far.

Wondering if certain parts of the world are genetically more susceptible to it than others?

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Hope you come through it asap Yamcha. Good levels of Vitamin D seem to be linked to better/faster recoveries so if you can get some Vit D supplement tablets and some sunshine it wouldn't be the worst thing.

Looking at the numbers of deaths in the US now I just don't see how China expects the world to believe they kept it to 3000 deaths. Sure they can impose a lockdown more severely than the west would accept but even so. Will be interesting to see what happens in India given their large population although they did move to lockdown the country very early.

With that said there's some interesting data I think from the US that by far the most critically ill demographic from this are of Latin American descent? Don't have a link so happy to be corrected. Meanwhile Spain and Italy have been the worst affected in Europe so far. Yet most east Asian countries at least have quite low death tolls so far.

Wondering if certain parts of the world are genetically more susceptible to it than others?

Those are interesting questions. I have no idea. Perhaps some people have predispositions. When I first got symptoms I read things about men and overweight people as having more severe symptoms, like high temperatures, being hospitalised... But at the same time there is a good proportion of women among the NHS staff who died here, some being as young as 29. Maybe they had underlying conditions?

Board footer