You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Covid 19

bigbri wrote:

This is an interesting story. Research suggests the virus we're suffering from now is not the same strain that originated in Wuhan. Basically, it has mutated. This is worrying, because mutation means no vaccine is possible for the long-term. It's like the flu in that there is a  new type of vaccine each year, but we have to wait to see what strain  is circulating before issuing vaccines. https://www.latimes.com/california/stor … n-original

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Covid 19

misterID wrote:

I don't think we'll know the real time frame of this thing for a really long time. And it's not acting like a flu at all.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: Covid 19

bigbri wrote:

This is an interesting story. Research suggests the virus we're suffering from now is not the same strain that originated in Wuhan. Basically, it has mutated. This is worrying, because mutation means no vaccine is possible for the long-term. It's like the flu in that there is a  new type of vaccine each year, but we have to wait to see what strain  is circulating before issuing vaccines. https://www.latimes.com/california/stor … n-original

There’s two sides to this. The first is that no permanent vaccine to any corona virus has ever been developed. Therefore it’s likely the best we can hope for is a seasonal vaccine. Although we could also find an effective treatment which reduces symptoms in the worst sufferers sufficiently that make a vaccine is less necessary.

The other side is that mutation was inevitable and not really the scare story it’s being presented as (for now at least). When a virus jumps to a new host species they are usually ill adapted at first and need to mutate in order to better increase the chances of replication. If it hadn’t mutated yet there’s a good chance it would have died off already and we wouldn’t even be talking about it now. It’s only reporting what virologists would have assumed from the outset.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Covid 19

buzzsaw wrote:

France says they likely had a case in December...

https://madison.com/news/world/french-d … MblHJxs0lk

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Covid 19

mitchejw wrote:

Trump looks awful right now...like legitimately sick...the man is in his mid-70s...I wonder if he's willing to literally die on this hill.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Covid 19

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Trump looks awful right now...like legitimately sick...the man is in his mid-70s...I wonder if he's willing to literally die on this hill.


Trump visits mask factory (without mask) while GnR's cover of "Live & Let Die" blares

(The guy in the purple tie seems to get the reference of it)

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Covid 19

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

France says they likely had a case in December...

https://madison.com/news/world/french-d … MblHJxs0lk

This is exactly why pandemics are so scary...every time you think you have your fingers on the pulse shit changes.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Covid 19

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

France says they likely had a case in December...

https://madison.com/news/world/french-d … MblHJxs0lk

This is exactly why pandemics are so scary...every time you think you have your fingers on the pulse shit changes.

That's the chicken little in you coming out.  Facts say the more infections the better since it's killing so few.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Covid 19

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

France says they likely had a case in December...

https://madison.com/news/world/french-d … MblHJxs0lk

This is exactly why pandemics are so scary...every time you think you have your fingers on the pulse shit changes.

That's the chicken little in you coming out.  Facts say the more infections the better since it's killing so few.

You can belittle me all you want...you haven’t convinced anyone of anything.

You’ve exposed yourself to be grossly unqualified to have an opinion.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Covid 19

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

This is exactly why pandemics are so scary...every time you think you have your fingers on the pulse shit changes.

That's the chicken little in you coming out.  Facts say the more infections the better since it's killing so few.

You can belittle me all you want...you haven’t convinced anyone of anything.

You’ve exposed yourself to be grossly unqualified to have an opinion.

In your dreams son.  In your dreams.

Look up immunology and how it works.  Don't take my word for it.  I've tried and I've tried and I've tried to educate you, but you won't listen.  Find any source you trust on immunology and read about it.  I promise you that you won't like what you read.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB